You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Daily Star (Apr 24th) - Wannabe WAGS fail to score
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Press CoverageMessage format

maringo
Posted 24/4/2007 06:07 (#11736)
Subject: Daily Star (Apr 24th) - Wannabe WAGS fail to score

There's a nice big picture of Aisleyne on p14 of today's Daily Star. It was taken at the PFA awards and the accompanying article seems to focus on alleged attempts by Aisleyne and Nikki to become WAGs!
Top of the page Bottom of the page
maringo
Posted 24/4/2007 06:08 (#11737 - in reply to #11736)
Subject: RE: Daily Star (Apr 24th) - Wannabe WAGS fail to score

According to the accompanying article, Aisleyne and Nikki had a competition to see who could get the furthest with a footballer. It also claims that they even had scorecards to keep track of their progress!

Neither of them scored, but they did both come away with a goodie bag full of Uber-Slick toiletries. Unfortunately, these were male-grooming products!
ofni
Posted 24/4/2007 08:20 (#11739 - in reply to #11736)
Subject: Re: Daily Star (Apr 24th) - Wannabe WAGS fail to score

The article is on the Daily Star website with a picture of Aisleyne (though in her in her blue "Crystal" dress - is that what's in the paper?)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=1598

It's in the "Top News", second only to "Jade's Bottle Horror" and ahead of the Boris Yeltsin clogpop. Priorities. eh? Priorities.

The article shows up yet again the weakness of the new celebdaq scoring system, as the fact that there were the two of them naturally reduces the name mentions. Thogh that's academic in Nikki's case of course - how ironic that she gets to share some of Aisleyne's column inches exactly simultaneously with her demise from the 'Daq.

Notice that I can't be bovvered to comment on the vapid nonsense contained in the "news" item itself. Nice picture and some celebdaq points - that's what counts!

Edited by ofni 24/4/2007 08:35
maringo
Posted 24/4/2007 08:22 (#11740 - in reply to #11739)

ofni - 24/4/2007 08:20

The article is on the Daily Star website with a picture of Aisleyne (though in her in her blue "Crystal" dress)

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=1598

Thanks! There's more of that Crystal dress coming up in this section in a few minutes.
maringo
Posted 24/4/2007 09:16 (#11752 - in reply to #11736)

Hang on! What's with all the hypens on the web article?

"Aisleyne Horgan-Wal-lace and fellow WAG wannabe Nikki Grah-ame"

PS: No Crystal club outfit in the paper, just the PFA outfit.
ofni
Posted 24/4/2007 09:19 (#11753 - in reply to #11736)

Are the hyphens there and in the right place in the hardcopy version? If so maybe the software producing the online version of the article doesn't "de-hyphenate" properly.
maringo
Posted 24/4/2007 09:26 (#11757 - in reply to #11753)

ofni - 24/4/2007 09:19

Are the hyphens there and in the right place in the hardcopy version? If so maybe the software producing the online version of the article doesn't "de-hyphenate" properly.

The hypens are fine in the hardcopy version. And if that's not enough to tempt you into a purchase, then there's a nice Barbarella-style Gemma Atkinson photoshoot on the next page.

Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks Aisleyne's PFA outfit is a bit Barbarella-esque too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbarella_(film)
ofni
Posted 24/4/2007 09:36 (#11759 - in reply to #11757)

maringo - 24/4/2007 09:26

Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks Aisleyne's PFA outfit is a bit Barbarella-esque too?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbarella_(film)

Yes indeed. Aisleyne has a number of Barbarella-ish resonances -- one can well imagine she is well capable of having the same effect on Dr Durand Durand's "Excessive Machine"!
maringo
Posted 24/4/2007 09:40 (#11761 - in reply to #11759)

ofni - 24/4/2007 09:36

Yes indeed. Aisleyne has a number of Barbarella-ish resonances -- one can well imagine she is well capable of having the same effect on Dr Durand Durand's "Excessive Machine"!

We've still got time to get Aisleyne the starring role in the remake!

http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0958825/
Odm
Posted 24/4/2007 09:51 (#11764 - in reply to #11761)

Aisleyne seems to suit blue nomatter the style of her clothing and I also like the two tone hair extensions.

I was a bit surprised to hear she had been knocking about with Nikki, but of course there is no reason why they should not be friends.

The one thing I will say is that it is really sad that these women all end up hanging around footballers and parties and that includes Aisleyne. We all know that Ais has got far more to offer than her looks and body....they dont last forever....and even if its all a bit of a laugh, it all rubs off and thats how labels start...I would like to see Aisleyne off the party circuit as she is just becoming one of the 'girls' doing the rounds.
deeb
Posted 24/4/2007 10:30 (#11774 - in reply to #11739)

ofni - 24/4/2007 08:20 The article is on the Daily Star website with a picture of Aisleyne (though in her in her blue "Crystal" dress - is that what's in the paper?) http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=1598 It's in the "Top News", second only to "Jade's Bottle Horror" and ahead of the Boris Yeltsin clogpop. Priorities. eh? Priorities. The article shows up yet again the weakness of the new celebdaq scoring system, as the fact that there were the two of them naturally reduces the name mentions. Thogh that's academic in Nikki's case of course - how ironic that she gets to share some of Aisleyne's column inches exactly simultaneously with her demise from the 'Daq. Notice that I can't be bovvered to comment on the vapid nonsense contained in the "news" item itself. Nice picture and some celebdaq points - that's what counts!

Exactly m8 !!!

deeb
Posted 24/4/2007 10:46 (#11775 - in reply to #11752)

maringo - 24/4/2007 09:16 Hang on! What's with all the hypens on the web article? "Aisleyne Horgan-Wal-lace and fellow WAG wannabe Nikki Grah-ame" PS: No Crystal club outfit in the paper, just the PFA outfit.

Nicky Gray is a footballer of sorts.

I guess they've got one in mind for Ash but I'm not into Daily Star mindset so someone into footy will have to decrypt it.

deeb
Posted 24/4/2007 11:07 (#11779 - in reply to #11757)

maringo - 24/4/2007 09:26 [...] And if that's not enough to tempt you into a purchase, then there's a nice Barbarella-style Gemma Atkinson photoshoot on the next page. Speaking of which, am I the only one who thinks Aisleyne's PFA outfit is a bit Barbarella-esque too? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbarella_(film)

I hadn't thought that (consciously) until you wrote it.

I don't want to get too 'medical' but I find the one-pieced-ness of Jane Fonda's cozzy more attractive than a dress (or even a bikini).

I guess a metallic theme is aimed at men? I'd be interested to know if the designer of Ash's outfit is male.

I read, with interest, Izzy's discourse on stripes. AFAIK(1), hoops (horizontal stripes) is a no-no for women? (Fattening? - Until Ash blew that theory out of the water.) AFAIK(2), vertical stripes is a totally male thing - i.e. if a house has stripey wallpaper, the bloke chose it. Generalisations, I know, but test it out! How many stripey shirts have the lads got?

maringo
Posted 26/4/2007 19:30 (#12224 - in reply to #11736)

On her radio show, Aisleyne wasn't quite so offended at this PFA story as the others. She just thought it was silly! She also hinted that she'd get top marks!
ofni
Posted 3/5/2007 09:27 (#13172 - in reply to #11736)

Just found this in the Daily Star "Have Your Say" section, arising from the above story("story" being the operative word). The question posed is pretty vacuous:

*But what do YOU think? Are wannabe WAGS like Aisleyne and Nikki just trying to get rich or are they just having a bit of fun? Have YOUR say.

but you might want to take the opportunity to say something nice about Aisleyne - and maybe even her good friend and fellow conspirator Nikki? Oh all right, please yourself.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/have_your_say_story.html?sku=136

maringo
Posted 3/5/2007 12:13 (#13179 - in reply to #13172)

ofni - 3/5/2007 09:27

Just found this in the Daily Star "Have Your Say" section, arising from the above story("story" being the operative word). The question posed is pretty vacuous:

*But what do YOU think? Are wannabe WAGS like Aisleyne and Nikki just trying to get rich or are they just having a bit of fun? Have YOUR say.

but you might want to take the opportunity to say something nice about Aisleyne - and maybe even her good friend and fellow conspirator Nikki? Oh all right, please yourself.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/have_your_say_story.html?sku=136

Good idea! I always remember the Sun comment section and always forget about the Daily Star one.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread