You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Aisleyne Turns Down Ultimate Big Brother - And Why.
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne NewsMessage format

ofni
Posted 23/8/2010 16:44 (#36310)
Subject: Aisleyne Turns Down Ultimate Big Brother - And Why.

A report has been added to the News section confirming that Aisleyne has had to turn down any appearance as housemate or visitor on Ultimate Big Brother because she is committed over the next several weeks to filming the urban comedy Anuvahood.

http://www.aisleyne.com/minifullnews.asp?dismode=article&artid=226

Aisleyne did the photoshoot, had all the medicals and had the contract which only needed her signature. She was obviously a major player in Endemol's plans for UBB to live up to its name, and when it became clear that there was a timing clash they were desperate to at least get her in for an overnight stay (going in Wednesday) - hence the "wooing" referred to by the Daily Star. Even this proved impractical.

Note that this film is in addition to the one we've had a few hints about, and there is actually a third in the offing too, so this is very much the direction in which Aisleyne's career is heading at the moment.

Edited by ofni 23/8/2010 16:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page
secrethousemate
Posted 23/8/2010 16:58 (#36313 - in reply to #36310)
Subject: Re: Aisleyne Turns Down Ultimate Big Brother - And Why.

Very exciting news about Ash's long term career direction. Who remembers how close she got to appearing in 'Rise of the Footsoldier' before her scenes were dropped at the last minute? This is a great opportunity for Ash and understandable that she knocked BB on the head to do it.
emptybox
Posted 23/8/2010 17:03 (#36314 - in reply to #36310)
Subject: RE: Aisleyne Turns Down Ultimate Big Brother - And Why.

I can't say I'm not disappointed about UBB.
It's hardly going to live up to it's name without the 'Ghetto Princess'.

But I'm really pleased for Ash, that this major opportunity has arisen, in an area that Aisleyne has long been interested in.

Just unfortunate that the timings clashed.
ofni
Posted 23/8/2010 17:08 (#36315 - in reply to #36313)

secrethousemate - 23/8/2010 16:58

Very exciting news about Ash's long term career direction.... This is a great opportunity for Ash

Absolutely!

and understandable that she knocked BB on the head to do it.

Not LITERALLY I hope, shm, - though it must have given him a headache. Ultimate Big Brother is great deal less "Ultimate" without our Ash, innit?

Definitely the right decision for her though - back to BB or forward to new ventures - it's a no-brainer really.

Edited by ofni 23/8/2010 17:09
boldjohn
Posted 23/8/2010 17:09 (#36316 - in reply to #36310)
Subject: RE: Aisleyne Turned Down Ultimate Big Brother - And Why

Executive Member

ofni - 23/8/2010 16:44

A report has been added to the News section confirming that Aisleyne has had to turn down any appearance as housemate or visitor on Ultimate Big Brother because she is committed over the next several weeks to filming the urban comedy Anuvahood.

http://www.aisleyne.com/minifullnews.asp?dismode=article&artid=226

Aisleyne did the photoshoot, had all the medicals and had the contract which only needed her signature. She was obviously a major player in Endemol's plans for UBB to live up to its name, and when it became clear that there was a timing clash they were desperate to at least get her in for an overnight stay (going in Wednesday) - hence the "wooing" referred to by the Daily Star. Even this proved impractical.

Note that this film is in addition to the one we've had a few hints about, and there is actually a third in the offing too, so this is very much the direction in which Aisleyne's career is heading at the moment.

I was about the UBB appearance because I thought that Ash wanted to go in and didn't want to spoil her chances. I would have watched UBB if she was in it. I did think, however, that going into UBB would be a bad idea, with a lot for her to lose and little to gain. If I'm honest, I'm absolutely deleighted at the film announcement and wish Aisleyne all the very best in her career. This is what I've waited a long time for and I think it's long overdue. Whilst harbouring grudges against Endemol (for their treatment of Aisleyne and the viewers who voted out Nikki), I am sensitive to the feelings of the BB community and can appreciate how disappointed so many people are at this news.
selfdelusion
Posted 23/8/2010 18:02 (#36327 - in reply to #36316)

I'm with John on this one. I'm pretty delighted for the lady. I think she's got great comedy timing, so a comedy movie is a perfect vehicle for her. I've also had bad feelings and premonitions about UBB, plus Ash is one of the few people from BB that can exist as an entity in her own right outside of the reality show. Most others (*cough* Nikki *cough*) are too dependant on the BB franchise to add meaning to their lives.

Ofni, I DMed you on Twitter ;-)
bradley27
Posted 24/8/2010 00:47 (#36345 - in reply to #36310)

Senate Member

I agree with Self and John, I'm actually quite relieved she isnt going in. I didnt want to say anything beforehand as it might have seemed negative and whilst it would have been nice to watch her again, she has done the right thing. Always leave people wanting more.
For the likes of Grace there might be redemption (she was young, maybe shes matured now), but theres no point in going back when you did well. It can only be bad.
So good luck Ash with the film and well done on not going in
Julian
Posted 24/8/2010 08:54 (#36348 - in reply to #36310)

Executive Member

I understand why Ash had to turn it down and the film news is great but I'm gutted about the timing. It's going to be quite hard to muster enthusiasm for ultimate BB when the ultimate housemate isn't there :(

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 25/8/2010 14:34 (#36378 - in reply to #36310)

The Guardian have spotted an "obvious omission" from the UBB line-up.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2010/aug/25/u...
ofni
Posted 3/9/2010 14:05 (#36444 - in reply to #36310)

The news that another new housemate will be entering the UBB house tonight has prompted another wave of speculation and wishful thinking - including this heartfelt plea by the 3am girls.

http://www.3am.co.uk/ultimate-big-brother-our-picks-for-a-new-house...

Sorry girls, but it WON'T be Aisleyne!

Just to try and clarify the position once again:

Aisleyne declined an opportunity to appear in UBB - she has a supporting role in the new comedy spoof ANUVaHOOD, which is shooting throughout September. She has been on set this week, as the twitter exchanges between herself, the director and other cast members confirm.

Aisleyne declined a request to enter for a day last Wednesday, immediately after the launch, as she was in pre-production meetings (script, wardrobe, stunt training, etc.)

Aisleyne appeared on BBLB on Sunday as there was the Bank Holiday gap between pre-production finishing and shooting starting on Tuesday.

Aisleyne's character does not appear in the scenes being filmed over the next few days. However during that time she has existing commitments (check out the rumour thread). She has no plans to cancel that schedule and has to return to the set of the film. The shooting schedule at the moment provides that Aisleyne's final scenes will be shot over the weekend of 25/26 September.

So there you are.
boldjohn
Posted 4/9/2010 01:58 (#36453 - in reply to #36310)

Executive Member

Judging by the forum/twitter reactions to tonight's evictions, I'm sure Aisleyne won't be regretting her decision to turn down the place in UBB. It seems like it's turning into the farce I expected.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread