You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Daily Star online - A-Z of Celebrity
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> General Aisleyne ChatMessage format

ofni
Posted 1/10/2008 21:48 (#30771)
Subject: Daily Star online - A-Z of Celebrity

Don't quite know what to think about this one.

The Daily Star online is reporting about a survey/poll carried out by Skinny Cow Ice-cream resulting in an "A-Z of celebrity".

There are 40 celebs in total, in A-, B-, C-, and D-lists.

Aisleyne appears at No 8 on the D-list, which also includes "usual suspects" such as the Cheeky Girls, Chanelle, Danielle, Nikki etc.

The article naturally makes somewhat scathing comments about this group (though they can't seem to decide if it's the D-list or the Z-list )

I can't find any info anywhere else about this (how data collected etc) and there seem to be some curious omissions eg Jordan or Posh - and I'd have expected to see Chantelle on the D-list. I also reckon that X-Factor may well have propelled Cheryl Cole upwards in recent days.

So, on the one hand, we are looking for Aisleyne to be breaking through the glass ceiling of the D-list, and so might not be overly impressed with this survey. On the other hand, we can take the view that it's "better to be listed than ignored" and it's clear that she continues to register in the public consciousness. And the best is yet to come.

Innit?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/53011/A-Z-guide-to-celebrity/

Top of the page Bottom of the page
boldjohn
Posted 1/10/2008 22:11 (#30772 - in reply to #30771)
Subject: RE: Daily Star online - A-Z of Celebrity

Executive Member

ofni - 1/10/2008 21:48

Don't quite know what to think about this one.

The Daily Star online is reporting about a survey/poll carried out by Skinny Cow Ice-cream resulting in an "A-Z of celebrity".

There are 40 celebs in total, in A-, B-, C-, and D-lists.

Aisleyne appears at No 8 on the D-list, which also includes "usual suspects" such as the Cheeky Girls, Chanelle, Danielle, Nikki etc.

The article naturally makes somewhat scathing comments about this group (though they can't seem to decide if it's the D-list or the Z-list )

I can't find any info anywhere else about this (how data collected etc) and there seem to be some curious omissions eg Jordan or Posh - and I'd have expected to see Chantelle on the D-list. I also reckon that X-Factor may well have propelled Cheryl Cole upwards in recent days.

So, on the one hand, we are looking for Aisleyne to be breaking through the glass ceiling of the D-list, and so might not be overly impressed with this survey. On the other hand, we can take the view that it's "better to be listed than ignored" and it's clear that she continues to register in the public consciousness. And the best is yet to come.

Innit?

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view/53011/A-Z-guide-to-celebrity/

I'm not quite sure what these graded lists signify. I'm sure other housemates would have preferred to be included in this list. I still see the placing as an insult - especially considering the numpty placed above her. If Ash was number 2 in the A list, I'd still be unsatisfied.
secrethousemate
Posted 1/10/2008 23:50 (#30774 - in reply to #30771)
Subject: Re: Daily Star online - A-Z of Celebrity

This article also appears in today's Daily Star newspaper on page 6

If they listed celebrities in alphabetical order, Ash would be in the A-list all the time...

mich007
Posted 2/10/2008 08:37 (#30776 - in reply to #30771)
Subject: Re: Daily Star online - A-Z of Celebrity

These polls mean nothing IMHO it is just someones opinion and besides no one has ever asked me or anyone I know.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread