You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Big Brother 9
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : < ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 14 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Big Brother & OthersMessage format

secrethousemate
Posted 5/9/2008 21:15 (#30579 - in reply to #29174)
Subject: Re: Big Brother 9

There can be no more than 8% in it either way

However in the first final I think Craig beat Anna by 2%

Top of the page Bottom of the page
bradley27
Posted 5/9/2008 21:21 (#30580 - in reply to #30578)
Subject: RE: Big Brother 9

Senate Member

premierscfc - 5/9/2008 20:57

Darnell was voted out 5th with 14.9% of a 5 way vote.  Rex was out in 4th place with 22.5% of a 4 way vote followed by Sara in 3rd with 30.1% of a 3 way vote.  The voting is probably the closest it has ever been in a BB final.

its unbelieveably close. I mean fifth place getting 14.9 when the mean is 20% meant they were all very close. Thats been confirmed with Rex getting 22.5 (mean: 25%) and Sara getting 30.1% (mean: 33.3%). I cant believe how close the voting must have been.

But I'm happy, the two bullies went and even though I would have preferred Sara to finish second, I've said all week that as long as the top three were Rachel Sara and Mikey in whatever order, I would be happy. So I'm happy
ofni
Posted 5/9/2008 21:43 (#30581 - in reply to #29174)

I'm just loving the dummy-spitting, fuming and fretting, sour-grapes-sucking, frustrated fury and impotent rage of the Anti-Rachel and anti-Mikey Brigades on the DS forum.
ofni
Posted 5/9/2008 22:20 (#30583 - in reply to #29174)

RACHEL WINS!!! YAY!!!!!
premierscfc
Posted 5/9/2008 22:21 (#30584 - in reply to #29174)

Rachel has won BB9.   I don't have the % yet.
premierscfc
Posted 5/9/2008 22:32 (#30585 - in reply to #29174)

Rachel got 51.3%.  Maybe my votes did make a difference.
secrethousemate
Posted 5/9/2008 22:41 (#30586 - in reply to #29174)

Probably the 2nd closest result after BB1
Also I think the first time 2 girls finished in first 3
Rachel got some boos when she came out - pathetic!

boldjohn
Posted 5/9/2008 23:02 (#30587 - in reply to #30581)

Executive Member

ofni - 5/9/2008 21:43

I'm just loving the dummy-spitting, fuming and fretting, sour-grapes-sucking, frustrated fury and impotent rage of the Anti-Rachel and anti-Mikey Brigades on the DS forum.

I hope it makes them feel better.

Well done to Rachel
premierscfc
Posted 5/9/2008 23:14 (#30588 - in reply to #29174)

The rest of the housemates are coming across as very bitter on BBBM.  Ever likely they got voted out before Rachel.  There has probably been more house mates I dislike in this series than in any other series of BB.
ofni
Posted 5/9/2008 23:52 (#30589 - in reply to #29174)

What a very weird and rather nasty BBBM.

The general theme, orchestrated by Davina, seemed to be "Let's Punish Rachel for Winning"
emptybox
Posted 6/9/2008 01:43 (#30590 - in reply to #29174)

I can't say how delighted I am that Rachel won.

And how disgusted I am by Davina's lack of professionalism and anti-Rachel bias.

Julian
Posted 6/9/2008 02:04 (#30591 - in reply to #30590)

Executive Member

I'm over the moon that Rachel won. Regardless what the other housemates think, for me she's the most deserving BB winner ever. Even when she was down to the last two she never had the slightest thought that she might win it, the surprise on her face was brilliant

The order was actually pretty much perfect, too. Darnell and Rex out first, Sara in the top three, Mikey and Rachel together in the end. Couldn't have scripted it better

BBBM was, as always, quite uncomfortable. Fortunately there were a few people who stood up for her but Davina asking her about splitting the money was so out of order

Anyway, time for bed. I'll worry about my phone bill another day

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 6/9/2008 02:06
mich007
Posted 6/9/2008 06:12 (#30592 - in reply to #29174)

Wishing Rachel the best. Rachel said 2 things that stood out for me at her interview, that I have to give her respect for. Firstly for saying "I know who I am." Secondly for saying "I am not perfect. (The latter is sooooo true but next to the others, it gave the impression she was perfect almost which is why I think she won so many more votes) "Personally I think she won a lot of votes by default. But no doubt there are people who love her through and through. If I am honest I was unaffected by her presence in the house and her win. That said I didn't watch the whole thing. I watched bits of it I was drawn to it because of Darnell. Now I know that Darnell has issues, but I think it seems to stem from not loving or accepting himself. If you struggle to love yourself you will struggle to love others. He needs some serious therapy to help him conquer his demons, and some tender loving care from the right person (Not Sara) IMHO. It seems her and Darnell want different things out of the relationship. This will only lead to Darnell being hurt even more, so not a good idea. (The way he reacted to Sara's confused signals is what cost him the title IMHO. Like Ash I would have loved for him to win it. However, I knew he would be out first because of the Sara situation mainly and the fact that he always seemed to be down on himself. I wasn't too keen on her at times she brought out the worse in Darnell. But I thought it was great how Darnell took responsibility for his actions. That is what I love about the guy he is real. Unlike Rex who was arrogant IMHO, and doesn't care. Rachel winning this year makes me wonder why Ash didn't win her year. It seems none of her housemates apart from Mikey and Kat thought she should have won. I don't think anyone apart from Imogen would have been happy if Ash won her year. Of course Ash and Rachel are 2 different people, but Ash winning would have been more deserving and more satisfying for me as a viewer not that I want to take anything away from Rachel.....

Edited by mich007 6/9/2008 06:22
bradley27
Posted 6/9/2008 08:03 (#30593 - in reply to #29174)

Senate Member

Well done Rachel, but I was spitting feathers at the repugnant Davina and her interview with Rachel. I dont care if they wanted Rachel to win or not, you dont give an interview like that to the winner. Thats not the time for Rachel to have to defend herself from the stupid comments of the losers, and by all accounts it was worse on BBBM where Davina asked her if she was going to share the winnings with the others????? WTF!!!! When did that question ever get asked before to the winner. Putting her on the spot like that was a disgrace. I wish Rachel would have said "Tell you what Davina, no doubt you earned more than £100,000 for your lousy work this year, why dont you split your money instead?". And Davina seemed to continue to repeat all night her golden boy, Ratface Luke's claim, that Rachel was different in the DR, even on BBBM, claiming she bitched in there??? What utter lies. Whether people liked Rachel or not, she was no different inside or out of the DR. In fact earlier on in the series when the whisper club went week by week and claimed this (although how they could know as they couldnt see the DR coverage), Davina used to tell them she wasnt.

I hope some of you got to hear Big Ears afterwards as I got on again right at the end. I told them I wanted to say that Big Ears was the best part of BB this year, which it was, but I didnt tell them what I mainly wanted to say. And that was that Davina was disgraceful with her treatment of Rachel. Thankfully I was able to get to do that but annoyingly the show on the net seemed to cut off halfway through my chat and therefore the people listening didnt hear it all. Coincidence or not, you decide. Anyway its on the Big Ears playback now and its basically the last two minutes and its all of the chat. I dont know how much of that went out last night. They did cut me off after that point, but I got my point across. I'd be interested to heard what others thought.
Julian
Posted 6/9/2008 11:04 (#30595 - in reply to #30592)

Executive Member

mich007 - 6/9/2008 06:12
"Personally I think she won a lot of votes by default. But no doubt there are people who love her through and through. If I am honest I was unaffected by her presence in the house and her win. That said I didn't watch the whole thing.

If anyone was going to get the default vote (i.e. the one where you don't have to have watched it) it would have been Mikey because of his disability. Although I do think his second place was well earned in his own right.

If more of what we saw on the live feed had been shown in the highlight shows I don't think there would be nearly as many people wondering what Rachel contributed.

If you spent any time on the DigitalSpy forums you'll have seen there were a lot of people extremely passionate about Rachel winning. Many of us voted over a hundred times (I think I was close to 200!) and I'm convinced that it was because of the dedication and passion of her fans on the internet which swung it for Rachel this time.

For me it was very much a repeat of the feeling I had during the BB7 final and I voted more this time precisely because the measly 70 odd votes I did for Aisleyne hadn't worked last time. That and the calls were cheaper this year

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 6/9/2008 11:07
sophie
Posted 6/9/2008 15:40 (#30601 - in reply to #29174)

what a load of sh** the final was. i mean everything was dead short and went 2 fast and rachels interview was the shortest out of all of them. she only got shown her best bits yet everyone else got shown bits and there best bits. was totally and utterly sh**e. what a waste of time this bb has been. im happy for rachel though..just the whole final show it self was crap.

Edited by sophie 6/9/2008 15:41
Interested Observer
Posted 6/9/2008 15:58 (#30602 - in reply to #29174)

I was engulfed by this years Big Brother. One housemate was not favoured by the production team. She was targeted by the bullies. She was chastised by the game players. She was considerate and true to herself. She won the hearts of the diehard BB fanatics. In some ways, Rachel’s appearance on Big Brother was similar to that of Aisleyne’s.

I believe that viewing figures have been low this year. The vote of the casual viewer, that is influence by the editing, would have been less significant. If this had been the case during BB7, we would have made Aisleyne the winner. I see Rachel’s win as a win for Aisleyne.

I supported, voted and won a significant bet on Rachel’s victory. In some was, I feel that this year, I supported, voted and won my bet on Aisleyne, who is still my favourite BB contestant.
boldjohn
Posted 7/9/2008 13:49 (#30612 - in reply to #30602)

Executive Member

Interested Observer - 6/9/2008 15:58

I was engulfed by this years Big Brother. One housemate was not favoured by the production team. She was targeted by the bullies. She was chastised by the game players. She was considerate and true to herself. She won the hearts of the diehard BB fanatics. In some ways, Rachel’s appearance on Big Brother was similar to that of Aisleyne’s.

I believe that viewing figures have been low this year. The vote of the casual viewer, that is influence by the editing, would have been less significant. If this had been the case during BB7, we would have made Aisleyne the winner. I see Rachel’s win as a win for Aisleyne.

I supported, voted and won a significant bet on Rachel’s victory. In some was, I feel that this year, I supported, voted and won my bet on Aisleyne, who is still my favourite BB contestant.

Interesting comments about the viewing figures. So the continued interference of the commercially driven producers appears to have backfired.

I was interested in this year's Big Brother although I never saw any of it. I will never forget what happened to Aisleyne on BB7 and all the comments on the forums indicate that little has changed as far as the contempt that the producers show to the viewers. The only positive note is that the bad edits and favouritism on BBLB and BBBM do not seem to work these days. All credit is due to right thinking forum members who have called every eviction correctly and had the forum favourite (the Aisleyne of BB9) crowned as the winner.
boldjohn
Posted 7/9/2008 13:52 (#30613 - in reply to #30601)

Executive Member

sophie - 6/9/2008 15:40

what a load of sh** the final was. i mean everything was dead short and went 2 fast and rachels interview was the shortest out of all of them. she only got shown her best bits yet everyone else got shown bits and there best bits. was totally and utterly sh**e. what a waste of time this bb has been. im happy for rachel though..just the whole final show it self was crap.

As far as I can remember, it's always been the same. You'd think by now, they would have learned how to present a live final show.
dal1966
Posted 7/9/2008 23:53 (#30615 - in reply to #29174)

Well done Rachel, she deserved to win. The rubbish that she had to put up with in that house was sometimes horrible to watch. What a nasty bitter twisted little man Luke is, i liked it when the crowd looked at Luke and chanted JEALOUS, JEALOUS, JEALOUS..
A victory for good over nasty.

Edited by dal1966 7/9/2008 23:54
dal1966
Posted 8/9/2008 00:02 (#30616 - in reply to #30591)

Julian - 6/9/2008 02:04

I'm over the moon that Rachel won. Regardless what the other housemates think, for me she's the most deserving BB winner ever. Even when she was down to the last two she never had the slightest thought that she might win it, the surprise on her face was brilliant

The order was actually pretty much perfect, too. Darnell and Rex out first, Sara in the top three, Mikey and Rachel together in the end. Couldn't have scripted it better

BBBM was, as always, quite uncomfortable. Fortunately there were a few people who stood up for her but Davina asking her about splitting the money was so out of order

Anyway, time for bed. I'll worry about my phone bill another day

Regards

Julian

Davina should donate her big fat pay cheque to charity, im sure Davina can afford it.

Davina was utterly disgracefal all night, i've lost all respect for Davina after BBBM.
Jump to page : < ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 >
Now viewing page 14 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread