You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

UMA NY - Aisleyne's trip off
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> General Aisleyne ChatMessage format

Odm
Posted 19/3/2007 13:04 (#8171)
Subject: UMA NY - Aisleyne's trip off

This detail came to me by way of my Myspace. I thought I would post it as it tells us when the Urban Music Awards Ceremony is next which is July 7 but its in New York !...I am wondering whether Aisleyne will be attending this so we can keep an eye on this date just in case...? ( Mind you Ais is doing the Charity Run with Lisa on 1st July so maybe New York would be out of the question by the end of the week? )Many of the artistes are featured on Aisleynes Thursday Radio Show with Invincible. Also there is a little bit of write up about Invincible radio on the end of this post and some good contacts if anybody needs them ok...

NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED FOR THE 2007 URBAN MUSIC AWARDS
Kelis, Bobby Valentino, Diddy, Papoose, Beyonce, India Irie, Jay-Z, Rhianna, Nas, Omarion, TI, Akon, John Legend, Busta Rhymes, Fat Joe, Jim Jones, Danity Kane, make list.
NEW YORK (PR WIRE) March 17, 2007 -- Nominations for the Annual Urban Music Awards was announced today. The music awards ceremony will be held on the 7th of July 2007 at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York and attended by more than 2,500 Artist, DJs, producers, promoters, record labels executives and urban music fans from across the country.

Celebrating its 5 year anniversary in 2007, the Urban Music Awards USA is proud to launch in the US with the Urban Music Awards has been a successful award ceremony which started in the UK in 2003 and to date is the only ceremony which is 100% nominated and voted for by the public. The ceremony was born out of the need to recognize the achievement of HipHop, R&B, Soul and urban music artist, labels, radio stations, within different countries and continents around the world.

For the first time ever in awards show history, The Urban Music Awards will expose fans to the insanity on and off the stage at the 2007 show via our recent partnership with the world’s biggest social networking site Myspace.com. Millions of Myspace.com users worldwide will have the opportunity to watch the awards as it happens live online.

“Invincible Media Group and the UMA’s are always looking to innovate, and set trends to create an exciting and entertaining experience to target urban music lovers worldwide and young people who can simultaneously watch the UMA’s whilst chatting real time with their friends about the unexpected moments and seeing their nominated choice go on with a win," said Jordan Kensington, C.E.O of Invincible Media Group and Executive Producer of the UMA.

Additional UMA programming elements include syndication broadcast of the awards show to 22 TV networks worldwide via Invincible TV and our recent agreement with Music Choice. The No.1 multi-platform music network that reaches millions of music fans through their televisions, online and cell phones. “We are really excited to be involved in the 1st ever Urban Music Awards USA in New York and we will be driving votes and ticket sales through a marketing campaign which will see the UMA’s marketed to over 31 million US households”, said Doug Foreman, Marketing Manager of Music Choice.

This year, radio station Hot 97, Power 106, and XM Raw are all in line for the Best Radio Station category. “We are thankful for the honor and can’t wait to be represented at the UMA’s”, said Dan Halyburton, Sr/Vp Market Manager of Hot 97

The Urban Music Awards is the 1st and only worldwide people’s choice awards ceremony. It’s an awards ceremony who has gained credibility by turning ‘music buyers’ to ‘decision makers’ giving them the power to decide on who gets nominated and who gets to win one of our coveted trophies. We have been accepting nominations and have received a total of 570,000 submissions by urban music lovers from the USA, Europe and Asia and we are proud to announce these year's nominees.

The 2007 nominees for the Urban Music Awards USA are:

Artist of the Year
Chamillionaire
John Legend
Nas
Nelly Furtado
Papoose

Best Album
Akon - Konvicted
Bobby Valentino - Special Occasion
Ciara - The Evolution
Diddy - Press Play
Lupe Fiasco - Food
Nas - Hiphop Is Dead

Best Collaboration 2007
Birdman feat. Lil' Wayne - Stutin Like My Daddy
Busta Rhymes feat. Mary J Blige, Missy, Papoose
Diidy feat. Keyshia Cole - Last Night
Fat Joe feat. Lil' Wayne - Make It Rain
Ludacris feat. Mary J Blige - Runaway Love

Best Entrepreneur
Jimmy ‘Henchmen’ Rosemond
Micheal ‘Blue’ Willams
Russell Simmons
Sean 'Diddy' Combs
Timbaland

Best Female Group
Cherish
Danity Kane
Floetry
The Pussycat Dolls

Best Gospel Act
Alan Jackson
Ce Ce Winans
Kirk Franklin
Mary Mary
Patti Labelle

Best HipHop Act 2007
Chamillionaire
Jim Jones
Nas
Papoose
The Game
TI

Best International Latino Act
Daddy Yankee
Hector Bambino
RBD
Shakira

Best International Reggae Act
Beenie Man
Busy Signal
Sean Paul
Sizzla
Stephen and Damien Marley

Best Male group
Gnarls Barkley
Outkast
Pretty Ricky
The Black Eyed Peas
Ying Yang Twins

Best Music Video
Cassie - Long Way to Go
Jay Z - Lost Ones
Kelis - Bossy
Ne-Yo - Sexy Love
Rihanna - Unfaithful

Best Neo Soul Act
Corrine Bailey Rae
Floetry
India Arie
Musiq Soulchild

Best Newcomer 2007
Chamillionaire
Corrine Bailey Rae
Lady Sovereign
One Chance
Rhymefest

Best R&B Act
Beyonce
Ciara
Justin Timberlake
Kelis
Rihanna

Best Radio Station
Hot 97 (New York)
Hot 99.3 (Austin, Texas)
Power 106 (Los Angeles)
Q 104.7 (Ventura
XM Raw 66 (Satellite Radio)

Best TV Show
Dave Chappelle - The Dave Chappelle Show
Ice T - Ice T's Rap School
Nick Cannon - Wild and Out
X-Zibit - Pimp My Ride

Best US Radio DJ
Angie Martinez
Cipha Sounds
Fatman Scoop
Funkmaster Flex
Kay Slay

Best Video Model/Dancer
Gloria Verez
Melyssa Ford
Tanya (From Tony Yayo Video)

Most Inspiring Act 2007
Beyonce
Diddy
Lupe Fiasco
Omarion
TI

Lifetime Achievement (To be announced)
Outstanding Achievement (To be announced)

About Invincible:
Invincible Media Group is the international group of companies behind Invincible Magazine, Invincible Radio, Invincible TV, and Invincible films, Invincible Jeans, Invincible Events and Invincible Mobile. Invincible, was launched by serial entrepeurneur, Jordan Kensington on the 1st of July 1999 in London, United Kingdom as a styles, ideas and impact conscious brand with an aim of serving our very vibrant multi-cultural society. Since its creation , with offices in the UK, Germany, France and the Caribbean, Invincible has launched the careers of musicians, artists, photographers, designers, writers, models and actors around the world, while staking out an unchallenged position for itself at the cutting-edge of international urban cool and inspiration. Fuelled with a dedication to succeed, Invincible promotes a message of unity to empower ethnic diversity and creativity.
Invincible Magazine published 6 times a year has a distribution of approximately 65,000 in Europe with the view of launching in the US in 2007. Its readership is evenly split between men and women of multiple ethnic backgrounds, who possess a college education, and are between the ages of 18 to 35.
Invincible Events is responsible for the World Fashion Awards, British Music Week and the prestigious Urban Music Awards held annually in UK, USA, Africa, Japan, France, & Caribbean.

Important Contacts:

Charlie Simpson
Press Manager
Direct- (213) 291-8682
Email: charlie@urbanmusicawards.net
Jordan Kensington (Celebrity bookings, performances, sponsorship)
C.E.O/Events Producer
Direct- (213) 291-8682
Email: Jordan@urbanmusicawards.net

Larry Pickett (TV licensing, marketing & coordination)
Vice President
Direct: (919) 218-4402
Email: larrypickett@urbanmusicawards.net

Alex Hem (press, TV & radio allocations)
PR Officer (International)
Direct: 00 44 (0) 208 525 4131
E-mail: alex.hem@urbanmusicawards.net
Vote live @ www.urbanmusicawards.net
Top of the page Bottom of the page
deeb
Posted 19/3/2007 13:28 (#8172 - in reply to #8171)
Subject: Re: Urban Music Awards/ Details re Invincible Radio

Int'restin' - thanks, Odm
maringo
Posted 19/3/2007 15:03 (#8175 - in reply to #8171)
Subject: RE: Urban Music Awards/ Details re Invincible Radio

I knew they were holding the awards in America, but I didn't know all this info. Thanks odm!
secrethousemate
Posted 19/3/2007 15:16 (#8179 - in reply to #8172)

Aisleyne's renowned for getting into events. There can only be limited tickets for UK-based VIPs, so I guess she'll need to suck up big time to Prince Diamond over the next few weeks if she wants to blag a ticket off him. The contents of her swearbox will probably be enough by July to cover the airfare
Odm
Posted 19/3/2007 15:58 (#8186 - in reply to #8175)

maringo - 19/3/2007 15:03

I knew they were holding the awards in America, but I didn't know all this info. Thanks odm!

Go onto my Myspace and add UMA as your friend and you will get their bulletins...
Odm
Posted 19/3/2007 15:59 (#8187 - in reply to #8179)

secrethousemate - 19/3/2007 15:16

Aisleyne's renowned for getting into events. There can only be limited tickets for UK-based VIPs, so I guess she'll need to suck up big time to Prince Diamond over the next few weeks if she wants to blag a ticket off him. The contents of her swearbox will probably be enough by July to cover the airfare
Hi Secret... after I posted all that I went back and added a note because I have remembered that Ais is doing that Charity run for Brain Tumour Awareness on 1st July...so basically if she got to go to New York she would be there at the end of the week...Im not sure now whether that was a realistic hopeful from me?
Odm
Posted 29/3/2007 18:45 (#9362 - in reply to #8171)

bump for EMPTYBOX.
emptybox
Posted 29/3/2007 21:36 (#9401 - in reply to #8171)

Thanks Izzy.
Officially Aisleyne
Posted 5/7/2007 15:19 (#18568 - in reply to #8171)
Subject: UMA NY - Aisleyne's trip off

I'm know the upcoming Urban Music Awards in NY have been discussed, but can't immediately find the thread - Admins please feel free to move/merge.

Just to let you all know that Aisleyne can't take up her invitation to attend, as hoped. With a PA in Newcastle on Friday night, and work commitments back in London on Monday, she's decided that it really isn't feasible - even allowing for the 5 hour time delay.

maringo
Posted 5/7/2007 15:22 (#18569 - in reply to #18568)
Subject: Re: UMA NY - Aisleyne's trip off

Thanks for the update. Anyway, who needs New York when you've got Nottingham.
premierscfc
Posted 5/7/2007 15:24 (#18570 - in reply to #18568)

Is it Nottingham or Newcastle?
ofni
Posted 5/7/2007 15:25 (#18571 - in reply to #18568)

Nottingham? I thought it was Newcastle?
maringo
Posted 5/7/2007 15:28 (#18572 - in reply to #18568)

Like I said, who needs New York when you've got Newcastle.
Officially Aisleyne
Posted 5/7/2007 15:30 (#18573 - in reply to #18571)

Apologies - altered my post.

I now have to think globally, not locally, when discussing Aisleyne's appearances! PA is in Great Britain - Newcastle.

dogtired
Posted 5/7/2007 15:42 (#18577 - in reply to #8171)

Thanks for the update, I would have thought the UMA's in NY a better choice, more high profile imho, but then what do I know.
secrethousemate
Posted 5/7/2007 15:47 (#18579 - in reply to #8171)

UMAs are having to compete for media attention with the Live Earth concert in New Jersey (Giants Stadium, I think) on the same day. UMAs were definitely arranged first. I hope PD isn't too put out by that!

maringo
Posted 5/7/2007 15:51 (#18581 - in reply to #18577)

dogtired - 5/7/2007 15:42

Thanks for the update, I would have thought the UMA's in NY a better choice, more high profile imho, but then what do I know.

Perhaps it's better to be a big fish in a small pond rather than be a small fish in a big pond. Not that I'm suggesting Aisleyne has gills or anything.
Officially Aisleyne
Posted 5/7/2007 15:53 (#18582 - in reply to #18579)

It is physically possible to make the UMA's in NY. However, most important that Aisleyne is in London, feeling fresh, rested and relaxed for beginning of next week!!!!!!

dogtired
Posted 5/7/2007 16:02 (#18583 - in reply to #18582)

LOL Maringo I doubt you would suggest anything of the kind.

Maybe you are right?
I know that Live Earth is on, but I think the UMA's have their own following and this could be benificial to Aisleyne.
At least she is busy, thats the main thing. :-)
ofni
Posted 5/7/2007 18:12 (#18603 - in reply to #18582)

Officially Aisleyne - 5/7/2007 15:53

It is physically possible to make the UMA's in NY. However, most important that Aisleyne is in London, feeling fresh, rested and relaxed for beginning of next week!!!!!!

Any information or "helpful hints" as to what next week's "big week" might involve?
maringo
Posted 8/7/2007 22:33 (#18822 - in reply to #8171)

Here are some pics of what she missed...

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=urban%20music%20080707&version=...
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread