You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Galleries - navigation (scroll bar)
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Website & Forum -> FeedbackMessage format

deeb
Posted 28/4/2007 08:34 (#12418)
Subject: Galleries - navigation (scroll bar)

Hi,

I'm not getting a good feeling using the 'Galleries' section.

(E.g.) The scroll bar doesn't work properly in Opera, Firefox or IE7. Click in the gap between the solid bar and the scroll arrow and it should scroll a page - it doesn't. Also my mouse scroll wheel works for Opera & IE7 but not Firefox. Third, in Opera, the scroll bar obscures the thumbnails (appears in the middle). That's probably a good indication that the Flash app. is in experimental state.

I'm not going to say how I think it should work because we're not the developers so we're limited by what's available but please look out for alternatives that I can slate.

This one can't stay ... it's bad.

Hadn't noticed sooner because I rarely use this section.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Officially Aisleyne
Posted 28/4/2007 10:46 (#12425 - in reply to #12418)
Subject: RE: Galleries - navigation (scroll bar)

Hi -

Flash application not experimental. It's proprietary and used by several major global sites since early 2005. Version being used is latest edition, introduced last November.

We test all pages and content in IE6 and 7, Opera and Firefox. The only problems are the general current IE issues with all interactive flash applications, stemming from the date in mid 2006 that Microsoft was forced to remove elements of third party flash support from the IE browser, and the known sizing issues with Opera. Both known specific browser problems with all interactive flash applications, and not an issue with the Gallery flash itself.

During development, testing and update, the team here will have run up over hundred hours of gallery use, without problems, except for the known browser issues.

Full mouse scrolling has been specifically disabled as currently known to cause cross-browser issues. This is a known general html issue, and does not relate to the flash software itself.

Your description of how the flash scrolling works is exactly how it's intended to operate.

deeb
Posted 28/4/2007 12:24 (#12427 - in reply to #12425)
Subject: RE: Galleries - navigation (scroll bar)

Thanks for your detailed reply, OA.

I should have left my " This one can't stay ... it's bad." comment out. It wasn't so necessary other than to convey my opinion as feedback.

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread