Young and annoying celeb?
emptybox
Posted 29/3/2008 00:00 (#28250)
Subject: Young and annoying celeb?

Orange are doing a poll on who is the most annoying young celeb.

Orange

If you click on 'Next' 9 times you'll get to the page on Ash in her Red dress.
(or you could just click here. )

It's nice to see Ash isn't topping this list.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ofni
Posted 29/3/2008 00:41 (#28251 - in reply to #28250)
Subject: RE: Young and annoying celeb?

Well spotted, empty.

Hmm this is a tricky one to evaluate, innit?

I mean, which is better?

To be included in this list? Or to be ignored?

To get a lot of votes (i.e. you're seen as annoying)? Or to get hardly any votes (which means you're boring/forgotten etc) ?

Given that Aisleyne's "tabloid presence" has not been as high recently as it once was, certainly (and thankfully) in "falling out of clubs" terms, it's quite interesting that she is still perceived as having a profile commensurate with some others in this list.

And there IS a mention of her fashion range in there, albeit a somewhat two-edged one...
emptybox
Posted 29/3/2008 00:54 (#28252 - in reply to #28250)

I always quite like Orange's write ups.
They're usually tongue in cheek rather than just plain mean.

I especially like this line.
"whisper it! - most of us quite liked her"

ofni
Posted 29/3/2008 00:59 (#28253 - in reply to #28252)

emptybox - 29/3/2008 00:54

I always quite like Orange's write ups.
They're usually tongue in cheek rather than just plain mean.

I especially like this line.
"whisper it! - most of us quite liked her"

If I remember rightly, one of the best-written and best-argued pro-Aisleyne statements during BB7 was on the Orange site.
bradley27
Posted 29/3/2008 01:07 (#28254 - in reply to #28250)
Subject: Re: Young and annoying celeb?

Senate Member

to be fair, its actually quite a nice write up compared to the others. That and the fact that they supported her when she was in the house, makes you wonder why they included her in it.
boldjohn
Posted 30/3/2008 22:26 (#28269 - in reply to #28254)

Executive Member

bradley27 - 29/3/2008 01:07

to be fair, its actually quite a nice write up compared to the others. That and the fact that they supported her when she was in the house, makes you wonder why they included her in it.

The people who make these polls always seem to struggle to choose the right candidates. They should just throw it open for the public to make their own choices. Aisleyne isn't annoying. The fact that she's doing so well may be annoying some people. Long may that continue.
mich007
Posted 31/3/2008 05:32 (#28272 - in reply to #28269)

boldjohn - 30/3/2008 22:26

bradley27 - 29/3/2008 01:07

The people who make these polls always seem to struggle to choose the right candidates. They should just throw it open for the public to make their own choices. Aisleyne isn't annoying. The fact that she's doing so well may be annoying some people. Long may that continue.

I think people still identify with the old Ash, they don't realise that she's moved on from certain things. I am so glad she has got back into fashion design and that she's set up her own business. Former BB contestants are often ridiculed by the press for being pointless nobodies, Ash is proving them wrong IMHO. Though some people whatever you do will not be convinced. I am glad her business keeps her away from some of those night club bashes which turn out to be just that some nights. The important thing for Ash right now is to continue to make a name for herself in the fashion industry IMHO, it's the best thing she has done and could have done and the talent was always there. I am so glad that Unique Boutique have given her this opportunity, it's a win win situation, and she can still fit it in with her celebrity status. I think she's on the verge of being the most successful from BB7 if she isn't already and it's like she has just started out.