Kara-Louise
Julian
Posted 6/8/2007 23:58 (#20644)
Subject: Kara-Louise

Executive Member

I love Kara-Louise. It's no accident that the other housemates took to her immediately. I think it's way too early to condemn her for being boring when she's been there barely a week. Housemates always take time to settle in and she's been a lot more fun and interesting than BB have shown so far.

I was watching the live streaming during her food-eating task and, not only did she do a great job in ploughing through it but she was extremely funny throughout. The housemates looking on were cracking up but we barely got to see any of it on the Highlight show.

I find her funny, intelligent, well mannered, caring and supportive. Right now I've been listening on the live feed as she's had really lovely heart-to-hearts with Brian over his feeling down and Amanda over her relationship with Brian. She talks a lot of sense for a 22 year old.

I think the bookies have her completely wrong. 100-1 is crazy. She's one of my favourites right now.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 6/8/2007 23:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ofni
Posted 7/8/2007 00:12 (#20646 - in reply to #20644)
Subject: Re: Kara-Louise

Well that fills another niche doesn't it? Kara being unfairly labelled "the boring one" makes her this year's Imogen. And reading your post Julian but substituting Imogen's name for Kara does describe Ims to a T "funny" "caring" "supportive" "heart-to-hearts" - all spot-on to how the "post-plastic" Imogen was for many of the BB7HMs, not least Aisleyne.
emptybox
Posted 7/8/2007 00:19 (#20648 - in reply to #20644)
Subject: RE: Kara-Louise

She came over well today in highlights.
PrincessRachel
Posted 7/8/2007 11:54 (#20665 - in reply to #20644)

Senate Member

I think she is ok, but her laugh is soooo anoying! haha was funny when they did the chicken
Julian
Posted 16/8/2007 00:06 (#21367 - in reply to #20665)

Executive Member

I missed the highlight show on Sunday but they seem to be really ignoring Kara a lot on the highlights lately. Admittedly they showed her second assault course attempt but only because her injury caused Gerry to make a spectacle of himself

She was not looking forward to the assault course but she did really well in the end and said she hoped they'd show it because her Dad would have been proud. So instead they showed the one where she messed up

They didn't show her lie detector task, they showed barely a glimpse of her food task in the HND, they didn't show the wise words she gave to Brian and Amanda the night they got together. Watching the highlights today you'd be wondering if she ever speaks!

I think they're really short-changing her to be honest

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 16/8/2007 00:07
ofni
Posted 16/8/2007 00:47 (#21380 - in reply to #20644)

Remember on Star Trek, when the main characters always took an anonymous crew member with them who was usually vapourised shortly after being beamed down to the planet surface (and instantly forgotten about by Kirk etc).

I think poor ol' Kara is this week's vapourisee - and easy eviction option for the guru's - what a yawnfest!
Swipey
Posted 16/8/2007 01:10 (#21385 - in reply to #21380)

I'm hoping they show as little of her as possible this week. I don't want any reason for anyone to evict her. It does seem she's on her way this week. That's a shame because it will make life too easy for the Gurus. I would like to see them squirm as they have to decide between two of their mates........
harvestgoddess
Posted 16/8/2007 09:05 (#21398 - in reply to #20644)

Executive Member

Kara is nice enough its always hard warming to new housemates especially this late on in the game i think she will be the sacrifical lamb this week though .
bengos
Posted 17/8/2007 13:23 (#21484 - in reply to #21385)

Executive Member

Swipey - 16/8/2007 01:10

I'm hoping they show as little of her as possible this week. I don't want any reason for anyone to evict her. It does seem she's on her way this week. That's a shame because it will make life too easy for the Gurus. I would like to see them squirm as they have to decide between two of their mates........

I fear she's going to go Swipey.

I feel desperately sorry for her actually. She's just too normal and nice for BB, and viewers and HMs don't like normal and nice.

Personally I think she's a nice person, but in the context of BB very dull (sorry) but it's not right that she'll probably be booed just for being nice!
sophie
Posted 17/8/2007 13:26 (#21485 - in reply to #20644)

yeh i agree with you there bengos. shes nice but boring..but will get booed which is a shame!!
Julian
Posted 17/8/2007 17:40 (#21494 - in reply to #21485)

Executive Member

While the housemates will almost certainly keep Carole over Kara under normal circumstances it is also possible that Carole will insist that they evict her rather than Kara. I think if she particularly wants to go they will let her.

Carole has not been coping well and may very well welcome eviction, particularly if it turns out the public want her out. Meanwhile, Kara has only just got there, relatively speaking, and Carole may very well feel that Kara deserves a longer stay.

I think if Gerry is up he may also prefer to take the opportunity to leave.

If it's Jonty and Kara I have a feeling the group will keep Kara.

All in all, Kara going is not a foregone conclusion

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 17/8/2007 17:48 (#21495 - in reply to #21485)

Executive Member

sophie - 17/8/2007 13:26

yeh i agree with you there bengos. shes nice but boring..but will get booed which is a shame!!

She's not the liveliest but I don't think she'd be boring if BB wanted to edit her as interesting. I think she's got a great sense of humour, she's intelligent with a lot of good advice to give and is generally sweet-natured and endearing. She also showed herself to be pretty gutsy in the food-eating and assault course tasks.

Going by the highlight shows, however, you'd be excused in thinking that she didn't even know how to speak

I'm not convinced she'd get booed though. It would be like kicking a puppy

Regards

Julian
bengos
Posted 17/8/2007 18:10 (#21497 - in reply to #21495)

Executive Member

Julian - 17/8/2007 17:48

I'm not convinced she'd get booed though. It would be like kicking a puppy

If those chavs can boo Ash they can boo anyone.
Swipey
Posted 19/8/2007 01:14 (#21531 - in reply to #21484)

bengos - 17/8/2007 13:23

I fear she's going to go Swipey.

I feel desperately sorry for her actually. She's just too normal and nice for BB, and viewers and HMs don't like normal and nice.

Personally I think she's a nice person, but in the context of BB very dull (sorry) but it's not right that she'll probably be booed just for being nice!

I am amazed she survived. I was almost doing cartwheels in my room when the result was announced. I think it was Thursday's edit which sealed the fate of Carole, and more significantly Gerry.

You're right about her perhaps being a bit dull for TV. But my preferred order for evicting housemates is muppets first, then the quiet ones, and leave the fun and friendly ones in at the end. By that criteria, Carole should have gone, but that was never going to happen!

I also notice that Julian called it totally spot on that Gerry would choose to leave. So much for the lying lie detector machine claiming he would win at almost any cost.
Julian
Posted 20/8/2007 13:25 (#21572 - in reply to #21531)

Executive Member

Swipey - 19/8/2007 01:14
I also notice that Julian called it totally spot on that Gerry would choose to leave. So much for the lying lie detector machine claiming he would win at almost any cost.

Thanks for noticing

I think the lie detector was being accurate with Gerry's answer because Gerry meant it at the time. He thought he was being honest but then, when he thought about what the question actually meant, realized that he had answered wrongly.

Regards

Julian
raven_girl
Posted 21/8/2007 23:41 (#21661 - in reply to #20644)

Looks like she'll be gone on Friday thanks to team smug
Julian
Posted 22/8/2007 01:03 (#21675 - in reply to #21661)

Executive Member

You're probably right but Jonty has his detractors too and Kara actually seems to have featured prominently on a highlight show for a change (if not entirely favourably )

Regards

Julian
everybodyisastar
Posted 24/8/2007 19:57 (#21789 - in reply to #21675)

Kara-Louise is one of the nicest people to appear on BB in a long time; the sort of housemate that every year needs, to add contrast. I think she's been treated pretty poorly by both the "original" housemates and the production team; the die was cast early on though, when they had that ridiculous twist that put her back in the HWH and up for eviction in her first week.

She would certainly make a far more worthy finalist than a lot of the people left in the house, but in a way I hope she leaves tonight and doesn't get too bad a reception from the crowd. She can then have a nice week on BBLB, do some photoshoots and hopefully take the spotlight off the ghastly Tracey

Kara-Louise's self-confidence seems to have been gradually eroded during her stay, and if she made the final she would probably leave first with a similar percentage to Jennie from last year. Being the sensitive soul she is, I don't think she would take that well at all.

Good luck to her for the future

premierscfc
Posted 24/8/2007 20:26 (#21792 - in reply to #20644)

The half way housemates have been treated pretty poor in particular this year.  The so called originals have even been open about sticking together and nominating the new housemates without any punishment.  Liam in particular has been very nasty to Kara, I'm just glad that her and Jonty questioned his attitude to her.  Liam then found more reverse gears than an Italian tank.  I hope the crowd go easy on Kara tonight and direct their anger at Carole (at least she deserves it).
premierscfc
Posted 24/8/2007 22:25 (#21796 - in reply to #20644)

She is not even getting a proper interview with Davina.   "Sorry Kara we have no time, here's your best bits now bog off"  She really has been treated badly by BB
ofni
Posted 24/8/2007 22:27 (#21797 - in reply to #20644)

Producers/Davina couldn't even give her a proper amount of time for her exit interview. She deserved better.
becki
Posted 24/8/2007 22:42 (#21798 - in reply to #20644)

Executive Member

That was pretty bad. Davina is a nasty piece of work......i still cant stand her for the digs she made about Aisleyne last. And she's still doing it.
I thought it was harsh that they didnt get their own eviction and interview each.xxxx

Edited by becki 24/8/2007 22:44
everybodyisastar
Posted 24/8/2007 23:03 (#21801 - in reply to #21798)

I thought the farce that is BB8 couldn't get any worse, but tonight was the pits. After listening to the interminable ramblings and cliches of that woman, Kara-Louise said more in her first sentence than Tracey could say in a month of sundays and then got cut off after 3 minutes.
boldjohn
Posted 25/8/2007 00:37 (#21813 - in reply to #21801)

Executive Member

Usual standard of interview and general organisation then? Midsomer Murders was good.
premierscfc
Posted 25/8/2007 21:18 (#21850 - in reply to #21798)

becki - 24/8/2007 22:42 That was pretty bad. Davina is a nasty piece of work......i still cant stand her for the digs she made about Aisleyne last. And she's still doing it. I thought it was harsh that they didnt get their own eviction and interview each.xxxx

Seems like the Radio 2 listeners think she is useless as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6963842.stm
PrincessRachel
Posted 26/8/2007 14:26 (#21866 - in reply to #20644)

Senate Member

yeah I thoughtthat wasnt realy fair, they should have evicted 1 a 9 and the other at 10 or whatever. She answered like 1 question or something and it was like, sorry but you've got to shut up now coswe've got o show your best bits
boldjohn
Posted 26/8/2007 17:37 (#21874 - in reply to #21866)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 26/8/2007 14:26

yeah I thoughtthat wasnt realy fair, they should have evicted 1 a 9 and the other at 10 or whatever. She answered like 1 question or something and it was like, sorry but you've got to shut up now coswe've got o show your best bits

That's far too clever Rachel. You can't expect them to come up with practical ideas for interviewing two evicted housemates. That's why Grace did so well on that circus programmme. She was used to working with clowns.
Julian
Posted 26/8/2007 17:57 (#21876 - in reply to #21874)

Executive Member

Now they're going to do a fake eviction on Wednesday and evict everyone for real on the Friday.

Why not do a real eviction on Wednesday so that people get more time?

I can't see the Wednesday 'twist' being particularly interesting. It's not like they haven't done it before anyway (on BB6, if I recall).

Regards

Julian
boldjohn
Posted 26/8/2007 21:52 (#21880 - in reply to #21876)

Executive Member

Julian - 26/8/2007 17:57

Now they're going to do a fake eviction on Wednesday and evict everyone for real on the Friday.

Why not do a real eviction on Wednesday so that people get more time?

I can't see the Wednesday 'twist' being particularly interesting. It's not like they haven't done it before anyway (on BB6, if I recall).

Regards

Julian

I agree. They've had enough difficulty trying to interview two people this weekend apparently.
Swipey
Posted 26/8/2007 23:49 (#21882 - in reply to #20644)

As you can probably guess, I was angry with the treatment of Kara, certainly over the past week when housemates began to see her (and Jonty) as a genuine threat. But my wrath is reserved for Davina, who treated Kara like scum and didn't appear to like her very much. She isn't good at repressing her feelings towards housemates. I don't think she is a very good judge of character either, treating some of the nicest housemates over the years as the very worst.

I wanted a double eviction, but seeing a full edit on Friday of Kara being humiliated by other housemates almost saved her. I bet the difference between her vote and Jonty's wasn't 0.1% at the start of the highlights. Only BB would know for sure. In a way, it is a relief she is gone, because she was starting to have a very nasty time in there.

She's a lovely housemate and hopefully we'll see a lot more of her.
Julian
Posted 27/8/2007 13:49 (#21954 - in reply to #21882)

Executive Member

I don't think the housemates saw Kara as a threat at all. I don't think any of them are thinking tactically like that. They have lived with each other for a long time and feel strong bonds of loyalty to each other, is all.

Ziggy and Carole were the only ones to have seen past that and not to have nominated on those grounds and Ziggy was pretty torn even though he had had real problems with Tracey that week.

As for Davina, it was clear on BBLB that she didn't think that the newcomers deserved as big an interview as the ones who had stuck it out for much longer and contributed more to our experience. It's not a totally unreasonable point of view. She had more that she wanted to ask Tracey and I don't think she deliberately tried to shut Kara down it's just that she miscalculated how much time she had.

I do think that the interview timings should have been managed better, though.

Regards

Julian
sophie
Posted 27/8/2007 14:43 (#21955 - in reply to #20644)

i dont think her interview was very far at all
PrincessRachel
Posted 27/8/2007 18:33 (#21966 - in reply to #21874)

Senate Member

boldjohn - 26/8/2007 17:37

That's far too clever Rachel. You can't expect them to come up with practical ideas for interviewing two evicted housemates. That's why Grace did so well on that circus programmme. She was used to working with clowns.

I thought you ment it was 2 clever for me then lol! arghhh clowns are scary
boldjohn
Posted 27/8/2007 20:30 (#21978 - in reply to #21966)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 27/8/2007 18:33

boldjohn - 26/8/2007 17:37

I thought you ment it was 2 clever for me then lol! arghhh clowns are scary

You're not kidding. You never know what they're going to do next. I'm keen to read Kara-Louise's views on her treatment by these scary clowns.