Chanelle
Julian
Posted 3/6/2007 21:07 (#16274)
Subject: Chanelle

Executive Member

Last night's live streaming showed an interesting conversation between Chanelle and Ziggy. Chanelle is pretty sure she won't make it past week 4 or 5 as she doesn't think she's as interesting as a lot of the others. She doesn't want to go in week one but all she's really looking for from the experience is a bit of fun being famous for a few weeks then go back to her A-levels so she can go on and take a degree in linguistics.

I think she meant it too :D

I'm actually really liking Chanelle at the moment.

Regards

Julian

Top of the page Bottom of the page
PrincessRachel
Posted 4/6/2007 20:11 (#16321 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: Re: Chanelle

Senate Member

woooo! Go Chanelle!
I luv Chanelle, partly cos shes from Wakey but I like her before I knew that anyway
emma*the*bird
Posted 17/6/2007 16:43 (#17020 - in reply to #16274)

She's too stuck up for me.
emptybox
Posted 17/6/2007 17:56 (#17022 - in reply to #16274)
Subject: RE: Chanelle

I still think she's a lovely girl, and the best looking one this year.
Julian
Posted 17/6/2007 18:32 (#17023 - in reply to #17020)

Executive Member

I don't find her at all stuck up

She said early on she expects to last until about week three or four. She was surprised she wasn't up for nomination the first time round and I've seen her not bothering with makeup on several occasions.

Ziggy doesn't like stuck up people so there's no way he would have gravitated towards her if she was stuck up.

Did you see on BBLB, she rated joint highest IQ in the house (along with Jerry and Seany)

She apparently scored 114 which is in the high average range.

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 17/6/2007 21:10 (#17027 - in reply to #16274)

I dont mind Chanelle from what I saw of her in the Diary Room...I think she needs to stop modelling herself on Posh though. Chanelle has to develop her own character and not rely on being a lookalike. Its so naff...overall, she is a pretty girl and she has some morals....though I think shes playing with the posh and becks thing in respect of her and Ziggy..god damm that guy is so ugly, poor old Davy Beckham..
Sid_1979
Posted 17/6/2007 22:16 (#17029 - in reply to #16274)

Well I think tonight's show confirmed how contrived "Chiggy" is. Neither Ziggy nor Chanelle come across as remotely sincere to me. And my follow psychologist on the programme preceding the main show agreed.

Get em out!
Sid_1979
Posted 17/6/2007 22:21 (#17030 - in reply to #16274)

Oh and Chanelle scoring highly on the IQ test and then playing dumb in the house speaks volumes. She is simply morphing into previous housemates like Helen and Jade who were extrememly popular. Her facade is beginning to slip.
emptybox
Posted 17/6/2007 22:37 (#17031 - in reply to #16274)

What I saw on Highlights were two people who had an attraction to each other, who like each other, but who have perhaps taken things further than they would in the outside world, and are now reassessing the situation.
Perhaps they'll cool it a bit from now on? Who knows?

I don't see Chanelle playing dumb at all? She shows that she's got her head screwed on.
An IQ of 114 is hardly Mensa material, in any case.

Julian
Posted 18/6/2007 00:25 (#17043 - in reply to #17031)

Executive Member

emptybox - 17/6/2007 22:37
I don't see Chanelle playing dumb at all? She shows that she's got her head screwed on.
An IQ of 114 is hardly Mensa material, in any case.

Precisely. Where's this playing dumb stuff coming from?

As for the psychology show. If there's one thing that the psychology shows have shown over the years it's that the psychologists haven't got a clue what they're talking about

I couldn't believe that nonsense about trying to assess Seanie by what he said about his imaginary friend. That story had no bearing on the truth behind Seanie's feelings at all. It was along the lines of his earlier demands for a Lake and a puppy. He was having a laugh and spinning a tall tale for his own amusement (and possibly the viewers' amusement). Treating it as a serious scientific analysis was almost as ludicrous as trying to read hidden meaning into Nikky's desire to have a blue Squarepants instead of a yellow one. She was just making a joke!

As with all of the pyshcologist comments when trying to assess what the housemates are thinking it boils down to interpretation. Anyone can see that Ziggy hesitated over his answer but there are a hundred reasons why he might do that that have nothing whatsoever to do with the suggestion that it's all a cynical ploy to garner favour with the viewers.

Last week the behavioural psychologist looked at Ziggy putting his head in his hands when Jerry entered and concluded that it was because he was relieved that a gay man wouldn't be a threat to his relationship with Chanelle.

But Ziggy's comment straight after that was to turn to Carole and say "just my luck".

That was in the clip that the psychologist used as evidence and yet the comment shows that it was actually despair (actually mock despair) over Jerry's entrance, not relief. If the psychologist had been watching the live feed more closely they would have realized that Ziggy was desparate to have some heterosexual men in the house so that they could start pairing up with the other girls and take the pressure off of him and Chanelle being the only couple.

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 18/6/2007 12:51 (#17076 - in reply to #16274)

Speaking as a psychologist myself, I can assure you that the conclusions we come to are not on the back of some whim, but are the result of detailed and rigorous analysis.

The tests administered on the housemates are widely used in Clinical Psychology, and unless you are an expert in the field I think it's a little bit unfair to dismiss them as a load of rubbish.

Personally, I've read about and studied a great deal of research which has repeatedly shown that a person's sense of humour and imagination can be reliable and valid indicators of inner feelings and motives.

Edited by Sid_1979 18/6/2007 12:52
Off_Da_Endz
Posted 18/6/2007 13:15 (#17080 - in reply to #16274)

I don't really like her. She's far two-faced for my liking.
Julian
Posted 18/6/2007 19:35 (#17104 - in reply to #17076)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 18/6/2007 12:51

Speaking as a psychologist myself, I can assure you that the conclusions we come to are not on the back of some whim, but are the result of detailed and rigorous analysis.

The tests administered on the housemates are widely used in Clinical Psychology, and unless you are an expert in the field I think it's a little bit unfair to dismiss them as a load of rubbish.

Personally, I've read about and studied a great deal of research which has repeatedly shown that a person's sense of humour and imagination can be reliable and valid indicators of inner feelings and motives.

Sorry, I missed the bit where you mentioned you were a psychologist. Nothing personal

In any case I wasn't dissing psychologists in general. Nor the science, for that matter.

At the end of the day, however, the science is still just a series of tell-tales which have to be interepreted and the interpretation is just as prone to human error or predisposition as any other viewer's subconcious intuition.

There's no telling what footage any given psychologist has actually seen and I think some of them betray a lack of proper knowledge of the housemates with their conclusions.

If the psychologist in question had been interpreting Seany's imaginary friend on the basis of "look how he likes to use humour to hide his real feelings" that would be credible. However, she gave every indication of believing that Seany was actually trying to answer the quesiton seriously which, from what I've seen of him, is highly unlikely. His willingness to sacrifice his place in the house for his imaginary friend was apparently a sign of how deeply he felt for some real person outside the house. Knowing his propensity for spinning tall tales and winding people up I expect the passion with which he spoke about this friend was a complete fabrication.

Similarly, some of the clips of Ziggy would have been taken by a psychologist on a previous show and used to point out how the telltale sign of telling the truth when he tells her he's attracted and would like to see her outside the house is that he looks her in the eyes when he says it whereas a liar would subconciously look away.

The hesitation in the clip they showed could mean all sorts of things and to imply that it means that it's designed to garner favour with the viewers is, IMO, unprofessional and prejudicial.

Most of the psychological tests they run on the housemates are also highly suspect (as last year proved). Many housemates aren't trying to answer these things properly at all. It's a very bad basis for drawing conclusions (just look at Aisleyne and the Mach test). In one program they explain how her high mach means she's a manipulative schemer who will trample over any one to get her own way and when she turns out to be popular they get a psychologist to say that it actually just means that she's shrewd and adaptable

As far as I'm concerned the psychologists on BB have been proved wrong time and again. I don't think they're showing their profession in a particularly good light

Regards

Julian
PrincessRachel
Posted 21/6/2007 15:44 (#17261 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Chnelle is just the best lol
maringo
Posted 29/6/2007 18:30 (#17775 - in reply to #16274)

New Woman have done a feature on Chanelle's illness...

http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=3097

There's also a Chiggy poll.
sophie
Posted 29/6/2007 18:33 (#17776 - in reply to #16274)

theres this girl at my work..and she sounds just like chanelle!! it is soooooooooo annoyin!! lol
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/6/2007 19:01 (#17778 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

are you saying you dont like are accent lol! cos nieter do i lmao!
I got worried when I read ther 1st bit of that about her leaving then
maringo
Posted 1/7/2007 13:46 (#18087 - in reply to #16274)

Another New Woman article on Chanelle...

http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=3119
harvestgoddess
Posted 1/7/2007 18:16 (#18132 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

I like chanelle she is nice and pretty down to earth the only thing that puts me off her abit is the wanting to be like posh and the wag stuff , i can also see how her being loved up so much would annoy others in the house but she is a nice girl all in all :D
PrincessRachel
Posted 1/7/2007 18:18 (#18133 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

wooooooo! Chanelle has another fan (kinda) lol
harvestgoddess
Posted 1/7/2007 18:23 (#18135 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

she is my fave female apart from carole who is my top female at the moment she just makes me laugh :D
PrincessRachel
Posted 1/7/2007 18:35 (#18138 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

i've got a Chanelle forum if you want to join?
(haha BoldJohn dont even say anything lol)
harvestgoddess
Posted 1/7/2007 18:54 (#18142 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Thanks PR i promise il take a look soon x
PrincessRachel
Posted 1/7/2007 19:15 (#18144 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

thnx!
emma*the*bird
Posted 3/7/2007 19:17 (#18354 - in reply to #16274)

The girl is very false. I don't like her. She has one thing in mind and that is the money from her clearly fake relationship with Ziggy. Don't buy into it. It'll be over before you can snap your fingers and as soon as they've cashed in.
emptybox
Posted 3/7/2007 19:28 (#18357 - in reply to #16274)

If the relationship is completely false, how come they're going through such agonies with it? It looks like it will end well before BB does, and well before any cashing in can be done?

Don't get me wrong. In real life I think they would have had a couple of dates, then gone their seperate ways, but that doesn't mean it's all for publicity.

emma*the*bird
Posted 3/7/2007 20:07 (#18368 - in reply to #16274)

It's false. Agonies? I think the reasons for those is fairly obvious. The clues being what you just mentioned emptybox.

I can imagine it being quite agonising when brashly jumping onto what seemed like a sure money making scheme without realising how difficult it would be to keep it up 24/7 for 13 or whatever weeks. I honestly believe he repulses her (body language) but she's probably been out with guys before for what they have in their wallets, except this time its front of the cameras and although she keeps up a good facade she's slipped up far too many times for me to believe its anywhere near genuine.
Sid_1979
Posted 3/7/2007 20:12 (#18370 - in reply to #16274)

Oh of course it's all for publicity. All Nikki Graham, I mean Chanelle. goes on about is how her and Ziggy will be the next Posh and Becks and how much media attention their "romance" will be receiving. They haven't had any deep and meaningful conversations as would be typical of a couple who have genuine affection for each other - it's all been superficial, surface-level stuff. They are the most contrived and most bland couple in Big Brother history and I hope Chanelle is sent packing on Friday.
emma*the*bird
Posted 3/7/2007 20:19 (#18372 - in reply to #16274)

It's always been about publicity as you say Syd, but no one has ever been so brazen about it which is for me when I really decided I didn't like her, other than the fact that I thought she was a little annoying for pretending to be all "Posh". She's a tart.
Sid_1979
Posted 3/7/2007 20:45 (#18376 - in reply to #16274)

Yeppers Emma - she's a shallow, manipulative, trollop.

harvestgoddess
Posted 3/7/2007 20:49 (#18377 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

I have to say i totally dissagree with this im not saying they will live happily ever after but i really do believe they care for one another whilst ive said before that the posh / wag wannabe stuff puts me off i can also give her the bennifit of the doubt she is only 19 and thats what is in nearly every magazine these days stupid wags so its natrual for her to look up to that . Deep down she come across as caring and sensitive and i really believe they do like and care for one another that doesnt mean it will last but even if it doesnt it wont mean its fake look at chantele and preston they really loved eachother and even they split as did helen and paul such is life :D
Julian
Posted 3/7/2007 20:51 (#18378 - in reply to #18372)

Executive Member

Heaven forfend we should like money or want to live a life of luxury without having to work. If people are honest with themselves that would describe 99% of the population. Chanelle's only mistake was to say it out loud

As for the Victoria Beckham obsession there are a few people on this forum with a similar love of Aisleyne I'd imagine. She's a fellow fan, that's all.

She doesn't give me any impression whatsoever of being manipulative or fake with Ziggy. Ziggy over-analyses thiings but I don't believe he's faking it either.

I have my doubts on whether it will last outside the house but I have no doubts at all that it's a genuine affection and not remotely tactical.

I'm pinning my colours to the mast now - Chanelle to win

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 3/7/2007 20:53
Sid_1979
Posted 3/7/2007 23:28 (#18397 - in reply to #16274)

Don't agree Julian.

Some of us actually have ambition and want to achieve things in our lives and do something worthwhile. Can you imagine if we all pursued a celebrity lifestyle. Who'd treat the sick? Who'd teach our kids? Who'd look after the economy? We can't all live the life of Heat magasine and thank god there are those of us who don't want to!

She has no aspirations whatsoever, she's needy, petulant and extremely boring to watch.

But hey - I respect your desire to support her
PrincessRachel
Posted 3/7/2007 23:37 (#18399 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Chanelle is up! dont let her go!
Julian
Posted 4/7/2007 01:14 (#18408 - in reply to #18397)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 3/7/2007 23:28

Don't agree Julian.

Some of us actually have ambition and want to achieve things in our lives and do something worthwhile. Can you imagine if we all pursued a celebrity lifestyle. Who'd treat the sick? Who'd teach our kids? Who'd look after the economy? We can't all live the life of Heat magasine and thank god there are those of us who don't want to!

She has no aspirations whatsoever, she's needy, petulant and extremely boring to watch.

During the conversation she had initially about wanting to be a WAG she also mentioned that she would still want to do something productive, helping good causes etc.

If I won the lottery tomorrow I'd give up my job in a flash and wouldn't think twice about it. Are you really saying that wouldn't go for the majority of people in this country?

Or is it that she just wants to find a husband who will support her? Does that mean all the housewives of the country who aren't career women are somehow lacking? Is my Mum a sponger because Dad went to work and she stayed at home living off his money?

There have been articles from her friends about how she gave up her time at Christmas to visit her elderly neighbour and keep him company in hospital and how she went to his funeral. Her friend reckons she has a big heart and I agree. I think she clearly has aspirations. She's had enough ambition and determination to get onto BB and that's no mean feat in itself.

I agree she can be a bit childish at times. The magazines report that she had some problems when she was younger (reports of self-harm, attempted suicide, running away from her foster home after finding out her real Mother had been a prostitute murdered by one of her clients). It wouldn't surprise me if her tendency to get upset over seeming trivialities is linked to this somehow but, under the circumstances, she seems to be much more stable than her past would suggest.

She needs to snap out of the malaise she's in at the moment but she's been pretty ill recently which is probably the main reason for it but I don't suppose finding herself nominated will help.

For the most part I find her cheerful, funny, respectful of others, non-confrontational, fair-minded and perceptive and I love her diary room sessions. I remember a recent psychology show talking about how she was projecting when she accused Charley of vanity but she hasn't even bothered with makeup a lot of the time, lately, so I really don't see it myself

She's not without her flaws but, at heart, she's lovely girl.

In my humble opinion, of course

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 4/7/2007 01:37 (#18409 - in reply to #16274)

She's certainly the belle of the ball at the Sins party!!!

WOWEE!!!

harvestgoddess
Posted 4/7/2007 11:33 (#18422 - in reply to #18408)

Executive Member

Julian - 4/7/2007 01:14

Sid_1979 - 3/7/2007 23:28

Don't agree Julian.

During the conversation she had initially about wanting to be a WAG she also mentioned that she would still want to do something productive, helping good causes etc.

If I won the lottery tomorrow I'd give up my job in a flash and wouldn't think twice about it. Are you really saying that wouldn't go for the majority of people in this country?

Or is it that she just wants to find a husband who will support her? Does that mean all the housewives of the country who aren't career women are somehow lacking? Is my Mum a sponger because Dad went to work and she stayed at home living off his money?

There have been articles from her friends about how she gave up her time at Christmas to visit her elderly neighbour and keep him company in hospital and how she went to his funeral. Her friend reckons she has a big heart and I agree. I think she clearly has aspirations. She's had enough ambition and determination to get onto BB and that's no mean feat in itself.

I agree she can be a bit childish at times. The magazines report that she had some problems when she was younger (reports of self-harm, attempted suicide, running away from her foster home after finding out her real Mother had been a prostitute murdered by one of her clients). It wouldn't surprise me if her tendency to get upset over seeming trivialities is linked to this somehow but, under the circumstances, she seems to be much more stable than her past would suggest.

She needs to snap out of the malaise she's in at the moment but she's been pretty ill recently which is probably the main reason for it but I don't suppose finding herself nominated will help.

For the most part I find her cheerful, funny, respectful of others, non-confrontational, fair-minded and perceptive and I love her diary room sessions. I remember a recent psychology show talking about how she was projecting when she accused Charley of vanity but she hasn't even bothered with makeup a lot of the time, lately, so I really don't see it myself

She's not without her flaws but, at heart, she's lovely girl.

In my humble opinion, of course

Regards

Julian

Well said
maringo
Posted 4/7/2007 13:34 (#18436 - in reply to #16274)

A New Woman article on Chanelle's post-BB ambitions...

http://www.nwdaily.co.uk/CelebrityGossipView.aspx?id=3174
Sid_1979
Posted 5/7/2007 13:15 (#18553 - in reply to #16274)

Personally I don't see much difference between Charley and Chanelle. The former doesn't have a job and sponges off her wealthy friends and relatives whilst the latter is aspiring to do exactly the same. Both as bad as each other.
PrincessRachel
Posted 5/7/2007 16:38 (#18584 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

No way!

Chanelle never aid she doesnt want to get a job and she wont sponge of her mates!
Thats the biggest load of rubbish I have ever heard lol
they are nothing like each other
Sid_1979
Posted 5/7/2007 17:12 (#18592 - in reply to #16274)

Chanelle made it clear she want to marry a footballer for his money so she doesn't have to work - sounds pretty much the same thing to me lol

PrincessRachel
Posted 5/7/2007 17:51 (#18600 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

No she didnt! she waid she wants t be a WAG... she never said she didnt want to work
Julian
Posted 5/7/2007 19:16 (#18604 - in reply to #18600)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 5/7/2007 17:51

No she didnt! she waid she wants t be a WAG... she never said she didnt want to work

Precisely.

Let's not add 1 and 1 to make 4 here. I get the feeling that Charley thinks the world owes her a living but I don't get that impression from Chanelle at all.

If she were spending all her time going to celebrity parties and throwing herself at footballers then she might deserve censure but just saying she wants to be a WAG is like me saying I want to win the lottery. It's just wishful thinking not a life-style choice!

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 5/7/2007 19:23 (#18606 - in reply to #16274)

You'll never convince me!

My impression of Chanelle deteriorates daily. All she does is throw Nikki-style tantrums, break up with Ziggy, gets back together with him, and the cycle repeats itself. She's not entertaining and she's not original. She's like a wet weekend.

Edited by Sid_1979 5/7/2007 19:24
harvestgoddess
Posted 5/7/2007 22:51 (#18612 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Agree to a certain point that she does at time seem to almost immitate the toxic brat but then so do many of the others i think with a fair few of them this year they have displayed charateristics of other previous housemates .
But when it really comes down to it i find chanelle caring and just a normal nice pleasant young woman i dont see any simalarities to her and charley , charley just goes around sh!t stirring and is so self centred i find it astounding they got all those housemates AND her big ego all in the house !!!
Julian
Posted 5/7/2007 23:53 (#18621 - in reply to #18606)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 5/7/2007 19:23

You'll never convince me!

My impression of Chanelle deteriorates daily. All she does is throw Nikki-style tantrums, break up with Ziggy, gets back together with him, and the cycle repeats itself. She's not entertaining and she's not original. She's like a wet weekend.

She's not as selfish as Nikki and she's much more insightful.

She has certainly never broken up with Ziggy. I think she's incredibly smitten with him, actually. Ziggy is the one blowing hot and cold all the time. I think she is looking at the relationship much more seriously than Ziggy is.

Having said that, I agree with Aisleyne in feeling sorry for Ziggy. He has got himself into a no win situation at the moment. He really cares for her and needs her in the house but, at the same time, he's not sure she's right for him on the outside world. He can't break it off without humiliating and hurting Chanelle and making his life in the house even more unbearable and he's not sure if he wants to break it off anyway without at least giving it a go on the outside.

In the meantime she's completely oblivious to the little hints he drops. She's completely star struck, as far as I can see, to the extent that she almost has no will of her own half the time

As much as they are two of my favourite characters they are both dragging each other down at the moment as far as the show is concerned

Still, there's plenty of time yet. If she stays this week I think they might both start to relax a bit more and show the rest of the public what I like about them

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 6/7/2007 13:00 (#18636 - in reply to #18612)

harvestgoddess - 5/7/2007 22:51

Agree to a certain point that she does at time seem to almost immitate the toxic brat but then so do many of the others i think with a fair few of them this year they have displayed charateristics of other previous housemates .

Yes good point - I think we're reaching that point now where we've had so many Big Brothers that housemates are beginning to repeat themselves. Chanelle just doesn't scream "winner" to me though. Maybe she'll grow on me.....lol
Sid_1979
Posted 6/7/2007 13:05 (#18637 - in reply to #18621)

Julian - 5/7/2007 23:53

She has certainly never broken up with Ziggy. I think she's incredibly smitten with him, actually. Ziggy is the one blowing hot and cold all the time. I think she is looking at the relationship much more seriously than Ziggy is.

Having said that, I agree with Aisleyne in feeling sorry for Ziggy. He has got himself into a no win situation at the moment. He really cares for her and needs her in the house but, at the same time, he's not sure she's right for him on the outside world. He can't break it off without humiliating and hurting Chanelle and making his life in the house even more unbearable and he's not sure if he wants to break it off anyway without at least giving it a go on the outside.

In the meantime she's completely oblivious to the little hints he drops. She's completely star struck, as far as I can see, to the extent that she almost has no will of her own half the time

As much as they are two of my favourite characters they are both dragging each other down at the moment as far as the show is concerned

Still, there's plenty of time yet. If she stays this week I think they might both start to relax a bit more and show the rest of the public what I like about them

Regards

Julian

I really question whether Chanelle and Ziggy care deeply for one another. I think they care more about how they can use their partnership to pursue a celebrity lifestyle once they leave the house.
Julian
Posted 7/7/2007 01:36 (#18736 - in reply to #18637)

Executive Member

I really enjoyed that eviction

I watched it on live streaming for a few hours before I watched the highlight show so I got to see the whole reaction. Chanelle was gob-smacked, Ziggy and Gerry were beside themselves with glee. Brilliant

Regards

Julian
PrincessRachel
Posted 7/7/2007 11:39 (#18742 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

So glad she's stayed... but Zak is realy starting to get on my nerves now, he does somehing and then turns it around like its Chanelle's fault and makes her feel bad! I think if he goes then we will see alot more of a fun side to Chanelle - but she does realy like him so i want him to stay. I still like him butit annoys me how he always twists things so Chanelle looks bad
Julian
Posted 7/7/2007 16:13 (#18752 - in reply to #18742)

Executive Member

I do think he makes far too big a thing about being 'bossed around by a 19 year old'. He's basically saying that she's too young for her opinion to matter which is hardly a reasonable basis for a relationship

I don't think he's deliberately trying to make Chanelle look bad. For the most part I think he makes himself look bad and he seems to realize that himself when he calms down.

Ziggy's trouble is that he's just a bit too worried about appearances. He needs to lighten up and stop taking events and himself so seriously

As far as the show is concerned they would both benefit if they weren't together. If there is a secret house this year then the best thing for both of them is if one ended up in one house and one in the other.

Regards

Julian
harvestgoddess
Posted 7/7/2007 17:32 (#18755 - in reply to #18752)

Executive Member

Julian - 7/7/2007 16:13

I do think he makes far too big a thing about being 'bossed around by a 19 year old'. He's basically saying that she's too young for her opinion to matter which is hardly a reasonable basis for a relationship

I don't think he's deliberately trying to make Chanelle look bad. For the most part I think he makes himself look bad and he seems to realize that himself when he calms down.

Ziggy's trouble is that he's just a bit too worried about appearances. He needs to lighten up and stop taking events and himself so seriously

As far as the show is concerned they would both benefit if they weren't together. If there is a secret house this year then the best thing for both of them is if one ended up in one house and one in the other.

Regards

Julian

Totally agree he reminds me of someone i know and he is exactly the same if he doesnt seem to respect her alot because she is younger and that really isnt the best attitude to have they should both regard one another as equal its not a huge age difference and she isnt really immature for her age just like most 19 year olds , her opinion should count just as much as his yet he seems far to up himself and more worried about how he looks and ive also noticed how he twists things around in the arguments they have i am fast going off ziggy with this nonsence and you can see chanelle is finding him irritating and when they row he just presses her buttons so she explodes and looks like the bad buy if anything i think chanelle is far more mature than he is
Sid_1979
Posted 7/7/2007 21:17 (#18768 - in reply to #16274)

Maybe if Chanelle started acting her age, she'd earn more respect from Ziggy. At the moment, the age gap between the pair seems far more than 7 years because Chanelle behaves like a 5 year old. I can't believe she threw yet another hissy fit on yesterday's show. She should have gone.
Julian
Posted 7/7/2007 22:33 (#18769 - in reply to #18768)

Executive Member

I'm not a fan of her tantrums but the arguments with respect to the smoking and the bed didn't seem at all unreasonable as far as I could see. I'm not saying Ziggy didn't have a point too but I think he handled it in a very over-bearing manner.

She knows she goes a bit over the top sometimes and she was happy to laugh at herself when the twins were doing impressions of her.

Chanelle isn't perfect but the things I like about her far out-weigh the things I don't.

Laura was vindictive, arrogant and judgemental and she loved to stir up trouble for people.

At the end of the day I couldn't care less about tantrums. Chanelle cares about people. She doesn't revel in other people's misfortune, she doesn't think she's better than anyone else and she doesn't set out to cause trouble for others. She's polite and respectful to her elders, and her humour is not at other people's expense. She's a better person than Laura will ever be and the public were 100% right to keep her in.

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 7/7/2007 23:09 (#18771 - in reply to #18742)

PrincessRachel - 7/7/2007 11:39 So glad she's stayed... but Zak is realy starting to get on my nerves now, he does somehing and then turns it around like its Chanelle's fault and makes her feel bad! I think if he goes then we will see alot more of a fun side to Chanelle - but she does realy like him so i want him to stay. I still like him butit annoys me how he always twists things so Chanelle looks bad

That's exactly how I feel about it at the moment, Rachel.

Julian
Posted 8/7/2007 17:59 (#18793 - in reply to #18771)

Executive Member

I've been watching the live streaming this afternoon and watched Chanelle and Ziggy finally break up. I think it's about time that Ziggy said something but I think he handled it well. He told her that he still cared a lot about her but he didn't think it was working and he couldn't take the constant bickering.

Carole joined in after a while and I think she also handled the situation really well.

Chanelle was upset and said she wanted to leave. Ziggy really didn't want her to leave over it. He decided to leave the room and let Carole and the twins try to talk her out of it.

Chanelle went to the diary room and came back determined to leave. She didn't want to make people uncomfortable by remaining in the house, she didn't want to stop Ziggy having a good time and she was worried what people would be saying to her family. After a visit to the diary room she was ready to go but Carole and the twins talked her out of it.

I was really impressed with Ziggy. He was quick to admit blame for some of the things he had said and done and he managed to keep calm and put his point across. Carole was a brilliant mediator really managing to turn Chanelle round about wanting to leave and Chanelle, while, emotional, showed that, as usual she was always thinking of others and their feelings.

To be honest, I'm really happy they've broken up. They were pulling each other down and I hope, now, they can both start being themselves a bit more.

Regards

Julian
harvestgoddess
Posted 8/7/2007 21:32 (#18817 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Yeah hopefully it will give them a chance to shine in the house rather than being burried under the duvet or arguing allthough im a bit suspicious of ziggys timing i do wonder if knowing pauline was on her way in may have given him the final push to do it i cant help but be cynical whilst i believe they really cared about one another ive gone right off ziggy this week and the fact this pauline happens to be his age etc i would not be surprised if he jumped ship straight into paulines arms and with pauline working for bb its v possible which wont do chanelle any good :(
Sid_1979
Posted 8/7/2007 22:33 (#18823 - in reply to #18817)

Oh dear.....looks like Chanelle did have a boyfriend on the outside after all. I can add "cheat" to the growing list of negative attributes I associate with the girl.

harvestgoddess
Posted 9/7/2007 09:45 (#18837 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Does she ? i have to say as much as i feel for chanelle her diary room rants annoy the hell out of me she is fine untill she sits on that chair and starts yelling i hope she gives that a rest cause it is v off putting last nights was the worst come on chanelle sort it out :D
Sid_1979
Posted 9/7/2007 12:33 (#18851 - in reply to #16274)

Hiya Harvest,

But that's ALL she does lol

And yes she admitted to having blown a relationship on the outside last night following her shennanigans with Ziggy in the house.

Saj
Posted 9/7/2007 15:10 (#18864 - in reply to #16274)

I am not keen on chanelle but I do think we would be seeing a different chanelle if it wasn't for ziggy. IMO, he is using her. Some say he was upset that she stayed, to which I disagree. His look on friday was more of a smug look. Lets look at it from ziggy's point of view. Billi was badly booed. In ziggy's view, that could be because he briefly interfered with the ziggy and chanelle relationship. Chanelle stayed over someone they thought was popular like Laura. He knows the public like a romance, so immediately looked at who he could start a romance with. I know this is a chanelle thread but my point is, Chanelle would be so much better if it wasn't for ziggy. He feeds poison to her like "watch out for people" and "you can't trust people" and "stay with me and you will be ok" and you only have to see her face after. She looks confused and shocked. He messes with her mind. As a result, chanelle distances herself from the housemates which makes her look moody and stuck up. When she does something that he doesn't like, he starts an argument with her, putting her in a bad mood again making her look upset and moody.
Sid_1979
Posted 9/7/2007 16:03 (#18869 - in reply to #18864)

Saj - 9/7/2007 15:10

I am not keen on chanelle but I do think we would be seeing a different chanelle if it wasn't for ziggy. IMO, he is using her. .

Hi Saj,

Don't you think that maybe Chanelle is using Ziggy to pursue her "Posh and Becks" dream?
Saj
Posted 9/7/2007 16:40 (#18873 - in reply to #18869)

Sid_1979 - 9/7/2007 16:03

I am not keen on chanelle but I do think we would be seeing a different chanelle if it wasn't for ziggy. IMO, he is using her. .

Hi Saj,

Don't you think that maybe Chanelle is using Ziggy to pursue her "Posh and Becks" dream?

Hi Sid,

good point and one which I agree with to a certain extent. To be honest, they won't last for more than two weeks on the outside. they can't even get on now and I cringe watching them
harvestgoddess
Posted 9/7/2007 16:58 (#18875 - in reply to #18851)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 9/7/2007 12:33

Hiya Harvest,

But that's ALL she does lol

And yes she admitted to having blown a relationship on the outside last night following her shennanigans with Ziggy in the house.

hey back
I do think she lets herself down abit in the diary room and some of the arguments are very petty , i thought she meant she blew billie off for ziggy when she said that she didnt really elaborate on exactly what she meant but it didnt sound like she had a boyfriend only that she could have been with someone else and instead she is stuck with him.
i do agree with you saj on ziggy i best go make a ziggy thread so we can discuss it further
Sid_1979
Posted 9/7/2007 17:01 (#18877 - in reply to #18873)

Saj - 9/7/2007 16:40

Sid_1979 - 9/7/2007 16:03

Hi Saj,

Hi Sid,

good point and one which I agree with to a certain extent. To be honest, they won't last for more than two weeks on the outside. they can't even get on now and I cringe watching them

So do I lol

Maybe now they've split up for good we'll get a chance to see some of the other housemates in action instead of endless footage of Chiggy.
Julian
Posted 9/7/2007 21:36 (#18906 - in reply to #18823)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 8/7/2007 22:33

Oh dear.....looks like Chanelle did have a boyfriend on the outside after all. I can add "cheat" to the growing list of negative attributes I associate with the girl.

It's not cheating if it's in full view of him. She basically made the decision to dump him and, being in the house, was not in a position to do it face to face. I think he got the message though

He was in so many magazines and newspaper articles that he's probably made a fortune off it and his claim that he'd like to go in the house and kill Chanelle and Ziggy makes me think she's well rid of him anyway

She'd already broken up with him before (for reasons we don't know) and she was on the rebound from her next relationship when they got back together. They were together for probably less than a month before she had to leave for BB.

I absolutely do not buy the idea that she saw Ziggy as a way to make money. I think she's a very impressionable girl who was completely swept off her feet by Ziggy. I think she became infatuated with him to the point where she hung on his every word. Ziggy's vacillation eventually made her insecure in the relationship and the stress of her illness, the feeling of alienation brought about by being nominated, her dislike of Charley and Ziggy's refusal to dislike her to the same extent became too much for her leading to the sort of behaviour that eventually made Ziggy break it off.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 9/7/2007 21:37
Julian
Posted 9/7/2007 21:41 (#18908 - in reply to #18906)

Executive Member

I watched some live streaming yesterday in which Thaila was reporting back to BB about the housemates on the phone in her private room. Her thoughts on Chanelle:

"Chanelle has been lovely... She's really lovely... That's all I can say about Chanelle. She's a really nice girl."

My thoughts exactly

Regards

Julian
robbie123
Posted 9/7/2007 22:22 (#18914 - in reply to #16274)

Ziggy and chanelle keep on going on then off on them off, IT IS GETTING ON MY NERVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sid_1979
Posted 10/7/2007 15:31 (#18979 - in reply to #16274)

Chanelle dumps her boyfriend on national telly - yes lovely lass!

PrincessRachel
Posted 10/7/2007 22:35 (#19006 - in reply to #18908)

Senate Member

Julian - 9/7/2007 21:41

I watched some live streaming yesterday in which Thaila was reporting back to BB about the housemates on the phone in her private room. Her thoughts on Chanelle:

"Chanelle has been lovely... She's really lovely... That's all I can say about Chanelle. She's a really nice girl."

My thoughts exactly

Regards

Julian

me too!
Julian
Posted 10/7/2007 23:51 (#19021 - in reply to #18979)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 10/7/2007 15:31

Chanelle dumps her boyfriend on national telly - yes lovely lass!

There is never a good time or a good way to dump someone. If he hadn't gone public in the magazines the only people to have known he had been dumped would have been the people who knew about him being her boyfriend (i.e. the same people who would have ended up knowing which ever way it had happened!).

He was the one who made the dumping public and I imagine he raked in a pretty penny from it in the process

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 11/7/2007 13:00 (#19046 - in reply to #16274)

Good for him! But I doubt you can put a price on public humiliation. I know I certainly wouldn't like to be treated by a woman the way he has by Chanelle.

And to be fair, those who criticise the way Ziggy handled the situation with Chanelle - it's no worse than the way Chanelle treated her fella.

Julian
Posted 11/7/2007 20:14 (#19079 - in reply to #19046)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 11/7/2007 13:00

Good for him! But I doubt you can put a price on public humiliation. I know I certainly wouldn't like to be treated by a woman the way he has by Chanelle.

My point is that it would not have been 'public humiliation' if he hadn't
deliberately chosen to go public. He specifically decided to go public that
he was Chanelle's boyfriend and that he'd been dumped so it wasn't Chanelle who publically humiliated him it was his own doing!

I would be inclined to agree that Ziggy's treatment of Chanelle was no worse
than her treatment of her boyfriend but that's because I don't believe Ziggy
did anything wrong either. Two people were initially attracted. One person
realized that they it wasn't going to work and broke it off. It happens
every day. In an ideal world maybe doing it face to face is the fairest way
but that wasn't an option here. It's sad and people get hurt when a
relationship doesn't work but no one's to blame.

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 16/7/2007 00:08 (#19323 - in reply to #19079)

Executive Member

Good to see Chanelle has cheered up lately. I was watching the live streaming yesterday and she, the twins and Ziggy were doing some kind of choreographed hello routine - kind of like the twins usual 'Hi I'm Sam' stuff but more about the movements than words. Ziggy and one twin were doing a routine and Chanelle and the other twin were in competition with a few people judging them and giving marks out of 10. It was hilarious to watch

I loved Chanelle's bit on 'On the Couch' this week too. BB told her they were about to start a psychology experiment and then didn't talk to her for 15 minutes. She immediately thought she'd messed it up by missing some instructions or something because she didn't know what she should be doing After a while she started doing mimes and other things for entertainment. Definitely back to her old adorable self

Then Diary Room Uncut today ended on a very encouraging note with Chanelle acknowledging that her reaction to the whole "Ziggy and Charley going out for drinks" thing was an overreaction and that although she reckons both of them have looked stupid over the last few weeks she's now learning not to be so worried about looking stupid. Which, if she can stick to it, is a definite breakthrough

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 16/7/2007 00:15 (#19325 - in reply to #16274)

Yes Chanelle seems to be coming out of this rather well.
Her bit in the diaryroom on highlights, on her voice sounding like a chipmunk, was classic.

Now if only she could be given confirmation that Charley is full of hot air, and she is not hated outside, I think Miss Hayes could come quite high up in the running.

Julian
Posted 17/7/2007 13:23 (#19458 - in reply to #19323)

Executive Member

Interesting snippet on live streaming yesterday. Chanelle was telling Carole what happened when she saw the psych:

Apparently he told her not to think of herself with respect to her relationship with the house but to think about her relationship with each individual. Carole pressed for more and Chanelle said:

"He said to me, 'Why are you, like, in here Chanelle?' and I was, like, 'Well, it's ironic because I first wanted to come in here because I wanted to get famous and meet celebrity footballers but now that's the farthest thing from what I ever could want. Ever..."

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 17/7/2007 13:36
Julian
Posted 21/7/2007 00:02 (#19692 - in reply to #19458)

Executive Member

Did you see the clip of Chanelle's puppet show on BBLB? How funny was that
maringo
Posted 23/7/2007 16:34 (#19827 - in reply to #16274)

Available for Panto have done a story on Chanelle's "counselling sessions". Aisleyne gets a brief mention in the article...

http://www.availableforpanto.com/2007/07/chanelle_has_emergency_cou...
ofni
Posted 23/7/2007 16:38 (#19828 - in reply to #19827)

maringo - 23/7/2007 16:34

Available for Panto have done a story on "Chanelle's counselling sessions". Aisleyne gets a brief mention in the article...

http://www.availableforpanto.com/2007/07/chanelle_has_emergency_cou...

A brief mention, maybe, but I thought it was rather an interesting and telling one.
emptybox
Posted 24/7/2007 23:43 (#19881 - in reply to #16274)

I think Chanelle really came out best in her arguement with Charley. Especially after she tried to apologize and Charley threw it back in her face.

Unfortunately she's let herself down today by refusing to play the violin as part of the task, and then subsequently threatening to leave.

I think she's now decided to stay after she found out that Charley was up.
But she's stupidly thrown away a lot of support.

Edited by emptybox 25/7/2007 01:07
emptybox
Posted 25/7/2007 02:20 (#19883 - in reply to #16274)

Luckily she redeemed herself by playing quite well in the end.

Wether she loses support outside will depend on what they show on highlights tomorrow, but I think it'll mean the housemate put her up next week.

Sid_1979
Posted 25/7/2007 17:01 (#19904 - in reply to #16274)

I hope Chanelle fans can be objective and admit she behaved very selfishly last night. It's the last straw as far as I'm concerned. The girl is passive-aggressive, spoilt, manipulative, attention-seeking, shallow, immature and down right annoying.
Julian
Posted 25/7/2007 22:58 (#19908 - in reply to #19904)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 25/7/2007 17:01

I hope Chanelle fans can be objective and admit she behaved very selfishly last night. It's the last straw as far as I'm concerned. The girl is passive-aggressive, spoilt, manipulative, attention-seeking, shallow, immature and down right annoying.

If it's selfish to have an emotional break down then I guess she's selfish but, personally, I don't think it was a conscious decision

As I understand it, her problem with playing the violin went a lot further than mere performance anxiety. I got this second-hand but someone watching the live feed managed to make out that she took up the violin alone as a means to get over the mental problems that she suffered on finding out about her real mother's murder. She had never even played in front of her parents or friends. Under the circumstances, asking her to play the violin in front of the nation for a gameshow was a big thing to ask of her. The violin to her was a deeply personal and private thing and while it might have appeared selfish to not want to expose herself to the nation like that I think the fact that she eventually rose to the challenge says a lot.

I'm not fond of Chanelle's tantrums and neuroses but I see them as an illness rather than a reflection of her true nature. Things have come to a point with Charley now in which she is living in constant fear of her. She believes that Big Brother have orchestrated things to save Charley from eviction three times now (through nomination punishments and fake evictions) and she doesn't believe even this week will see the back of her. She believes that the public love Charley and will hate her because of her dislike of her. On top of that I'm almost certain I heard it was her time of the month at the moment

Sometimes you've got to take the bad with the good. On paper Liam would make a worthy winner but he's too one-note. He's just a nice guy - end of story. Chanelle can be a monster at times but when she's not being a monster (which is more often than not) she's caring, considerate, funny, humble, intelligent, warm-hearted, fun-loving and adorable.

She is without doubt the housemate who's come on the biggest journey this year.

She isn't attention-seeking but she does have self-esteem issues - rather like Aisleyne did. What she needs is to find out that she's not the hate-figure she thinks she is and I think if she can make it through the week without leaving, Charley's eviction will be a big step in that direction.

Winning, of course, would be a bigger one

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 25/7/2007 23:15 (#19909 - in reply to #19883)

Executive Member

emptybox - 25/7/2007 02:20

Wether she loses support outside will depend on what they show on highlights tomorrow, but I think it'll mean the housemate put her up next week.

On the whole I think the highlights were pretty good to her although my Sky+ chopped off the last five minutes so I don't know how it ended .

My one reservation is that the highlights went straight from refusing to play and wanting to leave to happily joining in, which may have left people thinking that she switched off the angst pretty quickly and conveniently. I was watching live until gone 2am last night so I can say it certainly wasn't a quick and easy change of heart

I think Ziggy showed the patience of a saint yesterday and showed just how much he cares for her now.

I don't think we have to worry about Chanelle being up any time soon. The twins, Gerry and Ziggy will never nominate her. Carole, Tracey and Liam might but three votes will not be enough for next week. Carole has upset Ziggy, Gerry, Chanelle and the twins and Liam and Brian may well nominate her too. Tracey is the obvious choice for most of them as well. I think it will be a Carole vs. Tracey eviction next week unless the new twist throws a spanner in the works.

Personally I don't think Chanelle will be up until the final.

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 25/7/2007 23:41 (#19912 - in reply to #16274)

Unfortunately Charley has promised an almighty row as her final act on Friday, which could mean 30 minutes of trauma for Chanelle which could send her over the edge.

With a bit of luck BB will do one of the 30 seconds ones, and Chanelle could stay in the background.

Julian
Posted 26/7/2007 00:13 (#19915 - in reply to #19912)

Executive Member

I think it probably will be a 30 second eviction as they have to put the new housemates in and that will take time.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 26/7/2007 00:14
Sid_1979
Posted 26/7/2007 15:34 (#19925 - in reply to #19908)

Julian - 25/7/2007 22:58

Sid_1979 - 25/7/2007 17:01

If it's selfish to have an emotional break down then I guess she's selfish but, personally, I don't think it was a conscious decision

As I understand it, her problem with playing the violin went a lot further than mere performance anxiety. I got this second-hand but someone watching the live feed managed to make out that she took up the violin alone as a means to get over the mental problems that she suffered on finding out about her real mother's murder. She had never even played in front of her parents or friends. Under the circumstances, asking her to play the violin in front of the nation for a gameshow was a big thing to ask of her. The violin to her was a deeply personal and private thing and while it might have appeared selfish to not want to expose herself to the nation like that I think the fact that she eventually rose to the challenge says a lot.

I'm not fond of Chanelle's tantrums and neuroses but I see them as an illness rather than a reflection of her true nature. Things have come to a point with Charley now in which she is living in constant fear of her. She believes that Big Brother have orchestrated things to save Charley from eviction three times now (through nomination punishments and fake evictions) and she doesn't believe even this week will see the back of her. She believes that the public love Charley and will hate her because of her dislike of her. On top of that I'm almost certain I heard it was her time of the month at the moment

Sometimes you've got to take the bad with the good. On paper Liam would make a worthy winner but he's too one-note. He's just a nice guy - end of story. Chanelle can be a monster at times but when she's not being a monster (which is more often than not) she's caring, considerate, funny, humble, intelligent, warm-hearted, fun-loving and adorable.

She is without doubt the housemate who's come on the biggest journey this year.

She isn't attention-seeking but she does have self-esteem issues - rather like Aisleyne did. What she needs is to find out that she's not the hate-figure she thinks she is and I think if she can make it through the week without leaving, Charley's eviction will be a big step in that direction.

Winning, of course, would be a bigger one

Regards

Julian

Life would be wonderful if we could all blame our inadequacies on "illness." Perhaps Charley's outbursts and impulsiveness and thoughtlessness and persistent rule-breaking are a manifestation of ADHD. That would be a rather convenient way to excuse her obnoxious behaviour.

I saw Aisleyne as a true victim but more than that I saw her a survivor. All I see with Chanelle is a manipulative diva who is trying desperately to play the role of a victim.
maringo
Posted 26/7/2007 21:50 (#19960 - in reply to #16274)

Has Chanelle encountered the same ghost that Aisleyne did?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2007340602,00.html (Chanelle)
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2003230001-2006350610,00.html (Aisleyne)
Julian
Posted 27/7/2007 00:19 (#19969 - in reply to #19925)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 26/7/2007 15:34
Life would be wonderful if we could all blame our inadequacies on "illness." Perhaps Charley's outbursts and impulsiveness and thoughtlessness and persistent rule-breaking are a manifestation of ADHD. That would be a rather convenient way to excuse her obnoxious behaviour.

I saw Aisleyne as a true victim but more than that I saw her a survivor. All I see with Chanelle is a manipulative diva who is trying desperately to play the role of a victim.

We can't blame all our inadequacies on "illness" but as a psychologist I assume you would not deny that some behaviour can be so attributed.

I am acutely aware of the irony of arguing armchair psychology with a psychologist but it seems to me to that the kind of irrational hysteria, chronic anxiety and feelings of persecution and lack of self-worth exhibited by Chanelle are classic symptoms of psychoneurosis:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurosis

Given how convinced she was that both the housemates and the public would now hate her for her moodiness and actions that day it seems very hard to believe that she would have acted that way deliberately.

We have already read in the press about her alleged attempted suicide when she was younger. There are also reports of self-harm and other rumours of a recent abortion or miscarriage. I don't believe that she is entirely unscarred by these events.

I'm not saying that she's as mentally unstable as Shabaz seemed to be but I do think that the stress of the BB experience in general, the conflict with Charley, the hormones in her system and being forced to expose a very private part of herself to the whole world in the form of her violin playing could easily have triggered the reaction we saw.

Not that being neurotic is a recommendation for liking someone. I like her in spite of it not because of it. However, I don't believe that her behaviour is maliciously motivated and I certainly don't think she's a diva. A diva has a high opinion of herself and Chanelle clearly suffers from low self-esteem rather than too much of it.

I don't believe there is anyone in that house that would be more surprised if they won than Chanelle would be.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 27/7/2007 00:24
PrincessRachel
Posted 27/7/2007 12:49 (#19988 - in reply to #19969)

Senate Member

Julian - 27/7/2007 00:19

I don't believe there is anyone in that house that would be more surprised if they won than Chanelle would be.

Sh would be realy suprised i think
harvestgoddess
Posted 27/7/2007 23:31 (#20030 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

I like chanelle but each time im just about ready to raise the flag and back her to win she has some hissy fit the violin drama was OTT and i like her so i am being objective she is a sensible girl but i cant see any reason at all for the other nights hysterics .

Edited by harvestgoddess 27/7/2007 23:32
Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 15:16 (#20069 - in reply to #20030)

Executive Member

Chanelle has just left the house

Ziggy, Gerry, the twins and Brian are all extremely upset but there was no talking her out of it. She was happy to go.

One good thing, though. I bet she gets to upstage Charley's week

Regards

Julian
Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 15:46 (#20070 - in reply to #20069)

Executive Member

So far she's said goodbye twice and gone to the diary room to go twice but BB keep sending her back

The first time was to get Betsy. I'm not sure what the issue was the second time. Right now Ziggy's still trying to persuade her to stay but I don't think he'll succeed.

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 29/7/2007 15:59 (#20071 - in reply to #16274)

After today's antics, the award for the most manipulative, melodramatic, self-absorbed housemate in Big Brother history goes to....

Drum roll please....

CHANELLE!!!!

Oh and Julian, I've decided that if Chanelle's behaviour is going to be excused with panic attacks, period pains, insecurities, blah, blah, blah, then Charley's impulsiveness, thoughtlessness and persistent rule breaking are a manifestation of ADHD!

Edited by Sid_1979 29/7/2007 16:00
maringo
Posted 29/7/2007 16:16 (#20072 - in reply to #16274)

Here's the Channel 4 story on her departure...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=17102
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/7/2007 16:19 (#20073 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Noooooooooooooo! Chanelle come back
Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 17:23 (#20075 - in reply to #20071)

Executive Member

Sid_1979 - 29/7/2007 15:59
Oh and Julian, I've decided that if Chanelle's behaviour is going to be excused with panic attacks, period pains, insecurities, blah, blah, blah, then Charley's impulsiveness, thoughtlessness and persistent rule breaking are a manifestation of ADHD!

I'm a great believer in the idea that a person should be held accountable for the reasons that they do things not the things themselves. I don't believe that Chanelle ever intends to cause distress with her breakdowns, Charley on the other hand seems to take pleasure at the misery she causes.

You only have to look at Chanelle's shock and unhappiness at the reaction to Charley to see the difference between them.

Gerry, Ziggy, Sam and Amanda were all in tears at Chanelle's leaving. Brian said a few days ago that he thought she should win. These people have been living with her insecurities, period pains and strops for 8 weeks and yet they are distraught that she has gone.

It seems to me that she must have been doing something right

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 29/7/2007 17:25
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/7/2007 18:45 (#20077 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

She hasnt gone yet!

BB is making her talk to the BB physcoligist 1st and told the half way housemates to le her know that everything on the outside is all good etc.
PrincessRachel
Posted 29/7/2007 19:16 (#20079 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

she's back in the house

hopefully she is staying now
maringo
Posted 29/7/2007 19:56 (#20084 - in reply to #16274)

And here's the Channel 4 story on her return...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=17181
Julian
Posted 29/7/2007 23:57 (#20103 - in reply to #20084)

Executive Member

According to the psychology show today, Chanelle's psych tests indicated that she is the least manipulative and most conscientious of all the housemates.

It put the violin tantrum down to Persecution Paranoia.

Make of that what you will

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 30/7/2007 00:19 (#20105 - in reply to #16274)

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they's still not out to get you.

Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only picked up today's Chanelle hokey-cokey (in out in out shake it all about) events via forum comments, but it seems to me that Chanelle has been bolstered up with all sorts of information and reassurances to keep her in, whereas last year Aisleyne was fed all kinds of garbage which served only to heighten her fears and insecurities. If Ash had had 10% of the nannying that has been heaped on Chanelle, she would have been able to "fix up, look sharp" and maybe even have won the blessed thing last year. Not that it matters now of course, as one year on Aisleyne is clearly a "winner" !
emptybox
Posted 30/7/2007 00:37 (#20107 - in reply to #16274)

Chanelle hasn't got anything like the strength of character that Aisleyne possesses, but she is a lot younger and more immature.

I still like her a lot and hope she can find the strength to continue in there.

Why should she give up her BB experience just because Ziggy can't make up his mind about her??

Edited by emptybox 30/7/2007 00:38
Julian
Posted 30/7/2007 01:05 (#20108 - in reply to #20105)

Executive Member

ofni - 30/7/2007 00:19
Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only picked up today's Chanelle hokey-cokey (in out in out shake it all about) events via forum comments, but it seems to me that Chanelle has been bolstered up with all sorts of information and reassurances to keep her in, whereas last year Aisleyne was fed all kinds of garbage which served only to heighten her fears and insecurities.

No offense to PrincessRachel but I'm not at all convinced that BB told the halfway housemates to reassure her. Even if they had, they would never have done it publically so I'm not sure where that information came from

Listening to them at the moment I don't get the impression that they even knew about Chanelle wanting to leave.

I don't think that the production staff treated Aisleyne any differently last year than they're treating Chanelle this year. I'm quite sure they bend over backwards to persuade people to stay whoever they are. Especially this late in the show. I seem to recall Aisleyne wanting to leave in the last week and I'm sure there were plenty of diary room and psychologist chats that helped her decide to stay.

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 30/7/2007 01:07
ofni
Posted 30/7/2007 01:12 (#20109 - in reply to #16274)

Aisleyne has more of just about EVERYTHING than Chanelle, though I agree that she does have the advantage of those few vital years experience and maturity.

However, I always felt that much of what made Aisleyne so compelling to watch in BB7 was her unique mix of strengths and vulnerabilities, giving her a depth and complexity which I think is at the heart of her continuing appeal to so many people who see way beyond her award-winning boobs, her top-ten bum or her perfect pins.
ofni
Posted 30/7/2007 01:20 (#20110 - in reply to #20108)

Julian - 30/7/2007 01:05

ofni - 30/7/2007 00:19
Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I've only picked up today's Chanelle hokey-cokey (in out in out shake it all about) events via forum comments, but it seems to me that Chanelle has been bolstered up with all sorts of information and reassurances to keep her in, whereas last year Aisleyne was fed all kinds of garbage which served only to heighten her fears and insecurities.

No offense to PrincessRachel but I'm not at all convinced that BB told the halfway housemates to reassure her. Even if they had, they would never have done it publically so I'm not sure where that information came from

Listening to them at the moment I don't get the impression that they even knew about Chanelle wanting to leave.

I don't think that the production staff treated Aisleyne any differently last year than they're treating Chanelle this year. I'm quite sure they bend over backwards to persuade people to stay whoever they are. Especially this late in the show. I seem to recall Aisleyne wanting to leave in the last week and I'm sure there were plenty of diary room and psychologist chats that helped her decide to stay.

Regards

Julian

It's not what PrincessRachel said, but what i've read on other forums that led me to say what I said about Chanelle. Her problems have come from her own insecurities, Ziggy's mindgames and the Charley factor. Aisleyne was a victim last year of cynical and deliberate mistreatment by Endemol (the lynchmob, the Nikki return, the mach-test distortion, Grace's 21 minutes etc etc) .
emptybox
Posted 30/7/2007 01:46 (#20111 - in reply to #16274)

Oh oh!

Chanelle's down again. Crying in the bathroom.

It doesn't look good.

PrincessRachel
Posted 30/7/2007 11:18 (#20117 - in reply to #20108)

Senate Member

Julian - 30/7/2007 01:05

I'm not sure where I got that from either lol, someone must have posted it on the Chanelle forum.
PrincessRachel
Posted 30/7/2007 11:39 (#20120 - in reply to #20111)

Senate Member

emptybox - 30/7/2007 01:46

Oh oh!

Chanelle's down again. Crying in the bathroom.

It doesn't look good.

noooooo! what was she crying for? she seemed realy happy and like she was having fun while I was watching it live last night
PrincessRachel
Posted 30/7/2007 15:31 (#20129 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

she's going again :( and noone is even trying to get her to stay this time
Sid_1979
Posted 30/7/2007 15:53 (#20130 - in reply to #20129)

PrincessRachel - 30/7/2007 15:31

she's going again :( and noone is even trying to get her to stay this time

Hurrah! Why should the housemates use up all their energies constantly rallying round the girl? They are all under strain and Chanelle is being extremely selfish by expecting people to put aside their own troubles to boost her up. Time for her to go. She's a misery.
Sid_1979
Posted 30/7/2007 15:56 (#20131 - in reply to #20103)

Julian - 29/7/2007 23:57

According to the psychology show today, Chanelle's psych tests indicated that she is the least manipulative and most conscientious of all the housemates.

It put the violin tantrum down to Persecution Paranoia.

Make of that what you will

Regards

Julian

Ah yes but Aisleyne was deemed the most Machievellian and we still liked her!
maringo
Posted 30/7/2007 16:04 (#20132 - in reply to #16274)

Looks permanent this time...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=17341&hous...
PrincessRachel
Posted 30/7/2007 16:40 (#20136 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

She has actualy left now, just leing Sam, Amanda andBrian a note and then going
ashfan
Posted 30/7/2007 16:59 (#20138 - in reply to #16274)

I feel so sad now
premierscfc
Posted 30/7/2007 17:05 (#20142 - in reply to #16274)

It's probably for the best that Chanelle has gone. She was obviously very unhappy.  She has been a fool but Ziggy has been a rat.  He had had his way and had lost interest.  Another notch on his bed post.  He reminds me of Darren Day.
PrincessRachel
Posted 30/7/2007 17:29 (#20145 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Ziggy is a stupid stupi STUPIIIIIIIIIIId idiot!
ashfan
Posted 30/7/2007 18:05 (#20151 - in reply to #16274)

Apparently carole was cheering in the kitchen
harvestgoddess
Posted 30/7/2007 19:36 (#20169 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Im v sad to see channel has gone i dispise ziggy
emptybox
Posted 30/7/2007 22:48 (#20193 - in reply to #16274)

I'm really sad.

Seemingly she gave that idiot what for, before she left.

And in the diaryroom she said that she couldn't live with someone who had pretended to care for her, and someone who had egged him on (Carole).

I think Dermot said she would be on BBLB tomorrow.

I just hope she keeps her dignity in any newspaper articles that are written and doesn't allow any rubbish to be written in her name, but I realise that is very difficult where the tabloids are concerned.

Edited by emptybox 30/7/2007 22:49
sophie
Posted 30/7/2007 22:59 (#20195 - in reply to #16274)

i would have prefered ziggy to go
Julian
Posted 31/7/2007 00:14 (#20202 - in reply to #20195)

Executive Member

I'm gutted she left, particularly on such a note

There was a strong possibility she would have made it to second place this year, if not won it, which doesn't happen too often with my favourites

I feel really sorry for Ziggy. He made a mistake at the beginning in getting involved without thinking things through but he's been desparately trying to do the right thing ever since.

At the end of the day they weren't compatible and it didn't work out but his biggest failure was in fooling himself that it could work and in not having the strength to end things (and keep them ended) when he finally realized that they weren't right for each other.

On the other hand, I'm glad Chanelle can finally start to enjoy herself again and I'm doubly glad that the timing nicely sabotages Charley's week

Regards

Julian

Edited by Julian 31/7/2007 00:15
PrincessRachel
Posted 31/7/2007 11:55 (#20224 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

yeah she is on BBLB tonight, its dead sad watching it all, wait until the highlight show tonight if it shows Sam finding Chanelle's note, its awful, made me cry :(
yeah atleast she will probly ruin Charley's week
if Chanelle & Ziggy or Chanelle & Carole were up Chanelle was the most likely to stay, most people would have much rather Ziggy went
sophie
Posted 31/7/2007 19:48 (#20241 - in reply to #16274)

chanelle was really funny on bblb then, when they shown her strops, her reaction was dead funny lol
sophie
Posted 31/7/2007 20:26 (#20243 - in reply to #16274)

i heard that charley and chanelle are gonna be on bbbm 2getha tonight?? lol haha that will be well funny
sophie
Posted 31/7/2007 21:17 (#20246 - in reply to #16274)

well done chanelle lol..my mam cant stand chanelle and she even applauded chanelle for that arguent with ziggy and what she said to him lol..i think chanelle started it..but she said the truth sort of..i feel i a bit sory for ziggy still..its his body that keeps dragging me to him lol:P lol
emptybox
Posted 31/7/2007 23:05 (#20276 - in reply to #16274)

Chanelle was a star on BBLB, and on BBBM although she was obviously a bit nervous at sitting on the couch with Charley, She blew her away.

I'm glad she's getting a bit of exposure, and I'm equally glad that her article in the Daily Star didn't go too far 

Her final arguement was a bit OTT, and she probably said things she might regret later, but she had come to the end of her tether, and it had to come out.

Seemingly she'll be on BBLB again tomorrow, with Charley.

PrincessRachel
Posted 31/7/2007 23:08 (#20278 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

luv her new hair lol!
luved her breaking that Chiggy thing on BBLB
Julian
Posted 1/8/2007 00:01 (#20280 - in reply to #20276)

Executive Member

emptybox - 31/7/2007 23:05

Chanelle was a star on BBLB, and on BBBM although she was obviously a bit nervous at sitting on the couch with Charley, She blew her away.

Charley was the one who looked the most uncomfortable. She looked so annoyed that Chanelle was stealing her limelight

Regards

Julian
Sid_1979
Posted 1/8/2007 13:11 (#20299 - in reply to #16274)

Ahhh but Charley will always have one up on Chanelle because she had the guts to face her critics and walk out of the front door.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't a fan of either, but I have more respect for someone who plays the game until the bitter end rather than giving up because they fall out with someone along the way.

I'm sure the rivalry between Chanelle and Charley is hyped up to grab attention and viewers. Like Aisleyne and Nikki and Grace they will soon be best buddies doing joint photo shoots and interviews in Heat!

emptybox
Posted 1/8/2007 23:13 (#20343 - in reply to #20299)

Sid_1979 - 1/8/2007 13:11 I'm sure the rivalry between Chanelle and Charley is hyped up to grab attention and viewers. Like Aisleyne and Nikki and Grace they will soon be best buddies doing joint photo shoots and interviews in Heat!

I think you might be wrong there.

Chanelle was supposed to appear on BBLB again today, with Charley, but she refused saying that after BBBM she didn't want to be in the same room as that girl ever again.

They were both supposed to be on this week's Friday Night Project, but again Chanelle has been allowed to record her contribution in order to avoid Charley.

It could be that their agents are trying to stoke up the rivallry, but if not, then it's all a bit silly.

maringo
Posted 2/8/2007 13:36 (#20374 - in reply to #16274)

Chanelle's Daily Star interview...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2102
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2103
premierscfc
Posted 2/8/2007 14:05 (#20380 - in reply to #20343)

emptybox - 1/8/2007 23:13

Sid_1979 - 1/8/2007 13:11 I'm sure the rivalry between Chanelle and Charley is hyped up to grab attention and viewers. Like Aisleyne and Nikki and Grace they will soon be best buddies doing joint photo shoots and interviews in Heat!

I think you might be wrong there.

Chanelle was supposed to appear on BBLB again today, with Charley, but she refused saying that after BBBM she didn't want to be in the same room as that girl ever again.

They were both supposed to be on this week's Friday Night Project, but again Chanelle has been allowed to record her contribution in order to avoid Charley.

It could be that their agents are trying to stoke up the rivallry, but if not, then it's all a bit silly.

Chanelle kissed Charley on the cheek at the end of BBBM trying to make the peace but Charley blanked her. I have read a blog by someone who was in the audience at BBBM and saw Chanelle kiss her on the cheek. 

Sid_1979
Posted 2/8/2007 15:33 (#20391 - in reply to #16274)

Well if Chanelle can't take the "heat" it's best she stays out of the kitchen. Personally I find her to be a bit of a wimp. She chickens out of anything she doesn't like. You can't go through life doing that. Get a backbone Chanelle and quit playing the victim all the time - the act is wearing thin now!

ashfan
Posted 2/8/2007 15:51 (#20392 - in reply to #16274)

Not being funny right (hehe) but after bbbm was recorded Charley was mean to Chanelle
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/8/2007 19:42 (#20403 - in reply to #20391)

Senate Member

Sid_1979 - 2/8/2007 15:33

Well if Chanelle can't take the "heat" it's best she stays out of the kitchen. Personally I find her to be a bit of a wimp. She chickens out of anything she doesn't like. You can't go through life doing that. Get a backbone Chanelle and quit playing the victim all the time - the act is wearing thin now!

thats not very nice. She's only 19 and if she doesnt want to do something it doesnt meen shes `playing the victim`. She doesnt have to do anything she doesnt want to
Sid_1979
Posted 2/8/2007 20:37 (#20415 - in reply to #16274)

Sorry Princess Rachel - not having a personal attack on you just Chanelle! I just felt that whenever the going got tough, Chanelle turned into a child. At 19 she's an adult and I wish she'd behaved more like one.

Having said all that, I miss both her and Charley! They were the life and soul of that house. Big Brother 8 is now dying a slow death.....
premierscfc
Posted 2/8/2007 20:51 (#20418 - in reply to #20415)

Sid_1979 - 2/8/2007 20:37 Sorry Princess Rachel - not having a personal attack on you just Chanelle! I just felt that whenever the going got tough, Chanelle turned into a child. At 19 she's an adult and I wish she'd behaved more like one. Having said all that, I miss both her and Charley! They were the life and soul of that house. Big Brother 8 is now dying a slow death.....

Chanelle acted like an adult after BBBM when she tried to bury the hatchet and make peace with Charley.  Charley acted like a kid and blanked Chanelle. 

PrincessRachel
Posted 2/8/2007 22:33 (#20423 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

yeah I agree with what you just said then premierscfc! and 19 isnt that old, its only 5 years older then me (ok, that does make it sound old now lol)
ladyash
Posted 3/8/2007 00:10 (#20427 - in reply to #20423)

Senate Member

have you seen to days front cover of the daily star
maringo
Posted 3/8/2007 00:15 (#20428 - in reply to #20427)

ladyash - 3/8/2007 00:10

have you seen to days front cover of the daily star

"My Secret Abduction Torment - BB star reveals sad life of sex, drugs, vice and murder"

http://www.dailystar.co.uk
ladyash
Posted 3/8/2007 00:27 (#20431 - in reply to #20428)

Senate Member

who got murdered
emptybox
Posted 3/8/2007 00:50 (#20435 - in reply to #16274)

The sad life is her Mother's, not Chanelle's.

Chanelle was adopted, but her real Mother was a prostitute and drug addict who was murdered.

It's "Abortion Torment", not abduction.    That is about Chanelle, but I don't know the details?  Have to read the paper.

She's obviously got an exclusive deal with the Daily Star, but I hope her agent has councelled her not to be too open with the press.

Edited by emptybox 3/8/2007 00:56
maringo
Posted 3/8/2007 12:35 (#20454 - in reply to #16274)

Bits of her interview...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2107
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2108
sophie
Posted 3/8/2007 17:39 (#20464 - in reply to #20454)

haha i added chanelle on msn lmao am not gonna talk to her tho..nooooooooooo
PrincessRachel
Posted 3/8/2007 19:43 (#20467 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

haha I bet it isnt even her msn lol
sophie
Posted 3/8/2007 19:44 (#20468 - in reply to #16274)

i hope it isnt hers lol no offence or out
PrincessRachel
Posted 3/8/2007 19:46 (#20469 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

haha why
sophie
Posted 3/8/2007 19:55 (#20470 - in reply to #16274)

becuase im NOT a celebrity stalker lol..im aisleynes stalker lol hehe
emptybox
Posted 4/8/2007 00:00 (#20478 - in reply to #16274)

Look at that little face.

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=channelle%20030807&version=uk

PrincessRachel
Posted 4/8/2007 15:42 (#20491 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

she looks gorge
ofni
Posted 4/8/2007 23:51 (#20522 - in reply to #20478)

emptybox - 4/8/2007 00:00

Look at that little face.

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=channelle%20030807&version=uk

Very photogenic, I must say.
sophie
Posted 5/8/2007 19:52 (#20539 - in reply to #16274)

her voice was well funny on bblb today haha
PrincessRachel
Posted 5/8/2007 23:26 (#20557 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

lol I didnt see it i'm watching it tomorow but someone said shes lost her voice
Julian
Posted 5/8/2007 23:49 (#20560 - in reply to #20557)

Executive Member

She had lost her voice but it was still a great interview. She was even kind about Carole when people were accusing Carole of poisoning Ziggy against her.

She really is a lovely girl

Regards

Julian
emptybox
Posted 6/8/2007 01:42 (#20563 - in reply to #20560)

Julian - 5/8/2007 23:49 She really is a lovely girl Regards Julian

She REALLY is.
And she says she WILL be at the Finale and BBLB reunion, which is great.

PrincessRachel
Posted 6/8/2007 11:40 (#20566 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

yey! she's done Wakey proud lol
maringo
Posted 6/8/2007 16:49 (#20590 - in reply to #16274)

Looks like she's following in Aisleyne's footsteps...

http://www.nuts.co.uk/covergirls/new-issue-sneak-peek/647/photos/
emptybox
Posted 6/8/2007 23:19 (#20634 - in reply to #16274)

It's kinda like a rite of passage innit?

There's a promo video to go with it - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1W0ocAEagSE
(thanks to chanellelover from Rachel's Chanelle forum)

ofni
Posted 7/8/2007 12:58 (#20679 - in reply to #16274)

She seems to be getting quite a bit of pap attention.

http://photo.wenn.com/index.php?ref=chanelle%20hayes%20070807&versi...

Edited by ofni 7/8/2007 12:59
maringo
Posted 8/8/2007 00:02 (#20722 - in reply to #16274)

Today's Daily Star front page seems to be claiming that she's going back in...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/
emptybox
Posted 8/8/2007 01:20 (#20725 - in reply to #16274)

I think that was just a vote among 'Star' readers, wanting her to go back in.

She's doing far too well outside to consider it.

maringo
Posted 8/8/2007 10:29 (#20731 - in reply to #20725)

emptybox - 8/8/2007 01:20

I think that was just a vote among 'Star' readers, wanting her to go back in.

She's doing far too well outside to consider it.

Here's the story...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2133
ofni
Posted 8/8/2007 11:20 (#20735 - in reply to #16274)

They seem to like her at Sky Showbiz - she gets an article and a whole gallery, starting with some of her Nuts pics.

http://showbiz.sky.com/showbiz/article/0,,50001-1278991,00.html

I don't think it would be in her best interests now to risk the "back to BB curse". she'll only remind people of her whingy weaknesses, while she is now playing to her photogenic strengths.

Edited by ofni 8/8/2007 11:21
becki
Posted 9/8/2007 19:38 (#20878 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

It says in my local paper that Chanelle is gonna be in Blackpool tomorrow night!!!! So i dont think she's going back into the house tomorrow night!! I could be wrong but it says that its the first PA shes gonna be doing since leaving the house and that everyone's gonna make her welcome here, they expect it to be very busy.xxxx

Edited by becki 9/8/2007 19:39
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 9/8/2007 20:32 (#20879 - in reply to #16274)

http://www.clubsanuk.com/events.asp
becki
Posted 9/8/2007 20:33 (#20880 - in reply to #20879)

Executive Member

rudyrudyrudy - 9/8/2007 20:32

http://www.clubsanuk.com/events.asp

Yep!! thats the one. Thanks for the link.xxxx
emptybox
Posted 9/8/2007 23:18 (#20889 - in reply to #16274)

I hope her first PA goes well. They can be overwhelming, as we know with Ash.
maringo
Posted 9/8/2007 23:49 (#20892 - in reply to #16274)

The Daily Star are still insisting that she's going back into the house...

http://news.sky.com/skynews/picture_gallery/picture_gallery/0,,3010...
emptybox
Posted 10/8/2007 00:38 (#20894 - in reply to #16274)

I think she should be the voice of Big Brother for a day.
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 10/8/2007 06:56 (#20896 - in reply to #16274)

Or spend a hour on a new date with Ziggy in a private room I wonder how much her agent would charge to Endemol?
maringo
Posted 10/8/2007 12:17 (#20911 - in reply to #16274)

Here's the Daily Star story...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2143
ofni
Posted 10/8/2007 12:55 (#20915 - in reply to #16274)

So Chanelle wants to break away from the Posh thing, eh?

Could have fooled me.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews....
becki
Posted 10/8/2007 15:54 (#20932 - in reply to #20889)

Executive Member

emptybox - 9/8/2007 23:18

Yeah, i think it will. Blackpools people are usually a rowdy lot but friendly......well thats what i think anyway lmao!!!!
I wont be going tonight...i would if it was Aisleyne!! wooooooooo, but it aint so i cant be bothered!!!!xxxx
sophie
Posted 10/8/2007 16:35 (#20934 - in reply to #16274)

lol..last time my ssiter went to blackpool she got her purse nicked..but she only had like £2 in..because she had the rest in her bag like zipped up lol so it was a good job really!!
becki
Posted 10/8/2007 16:39 (#20935 - in reply to #20934)

Executive Member

sophie - 10/8/2007 16:35

lol..last time my ssiter went to blackpool she got her purse nicked..but she only had like £2 in..because she had the rest in her bag like zipped up lol so it was a good job really!!

It dont stop everyone from coming though does it?
It isnt as bad as people think. It can be pretty rough at times but my area is pretty nice so its ok lol.xxxx
bengos
Posted 10/8/2007 16:41 (#20936 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

Blackpool's one of the safest holiday cities in the UK as far as i'm aware.
sophie
Posted 10/8/2007 16:52 (#20938 - in reply to #20935)

becki - 10/8/2007 16:39
sophie - 10/8/2007 16:35 lol..last time my ssiter went to blackpool she got her purse nicked..but she only had like £2 in..because she had the rest in her bag like zipped up lol so it was a good job really!!
It dont stop everyone from coming though does it? It isnt as bad as people think. It can be pretty rough at times but my area is pretty nice so its ok lol.xxxx

im not saying it stops people..im just saying about something thats happened to people that i no in blackpool not  outside of blackpool lol outta blackpool is nice

Edited by sophie 10/8/2007 17:05
becki
Posted 10/8/2007 21:56 (#20959 - in reply to #20938)

Executive Member

sophie - 10/8/2007 16:52

becki - 10/8/2007 16:39
sophie - 10/8/2007 16:35 lol..last time my ssiter went to blackpool she got her purse nicked..but she only had like £2 in..because she had the rest in her bag like zipped up lol so it was a good job really!!
It dont stop everyone from coming though does it? It isnt as bad as people think. It can be pretty rough at times but my area is pretty nice so its ok lol.xxxx

im not saying it stops people..im just saying about something thats happened to people that i no in blackpool not  outside of blackpool lol outta blackpool is nice

That could happen anywhere though.xxxx
sophie
Posted 10/8/2007 22:02 (#20960 - in reply to #16274)

yeh anno lol..but alot of people and people that i no that they no( lol) have had the same..and it can happen anywhere yeh
boldjohn
Posted 10/8/2007 23:28 (#20969 - in reply to #20932)

Executive Member

becki - 10/8/2007 15:54

Yeah, i think it will. Blackpools people are usually a rowdy lot but friendly......well thats what i think anyway lmao!!!!
I wont be going tonight...i would if it was Aisleyne!! wooooooooo, but it aint so i cant be bothered!!!!xxxx

Good for you rowdy one.
bengos
Posted 10/8/2007 23:35 (#20970 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

She was a phone guest on BBBM tonight. Don't know what that means for Blackpool or her return to BB.
becki
Posted 10/8/2007 23:42 (#20972 - in reply to #20960)

Executive Member

sophie - 10/8/2007 22:02

yeh anno lol..but alot of people and people that i no that they no( lol) have had the same..and it can happen anywhere yeh

Well a lot of people i know have never had that happen to them here. And i live here!!xxxx
emptybox
Posted 10/8/2007 23:45 (#20974 - in reply to #16274)

I don't think BBBM is live anymore?
The presenter made a comment about  somebody being something, "this morning".

I do wish she'd stop trying to copy VB, but you have to admit she looks 10 times better than Victoria in that outfit.

boldjohn
Posted 11/8/2007 00:44 (#20982 - in reply to #20970)

Executive Member

bengos - 10/8/2007 23:35

She was a phone guest on BBBM tonight. Don't know what that means for Blackpool or her return to BB.

And as we know, they don't have telephones yet in Blackpool.
bengos
Posted 11/8/2007 00:45 (#20983 - in reply to #20982)

Executive Member

boldjohn - 11/8/2007 00:44

They did have some, but they all got nicked apparently.
becki
Posted 11/8/2007 00:45 (#20984 - in reply to #20982)

Executive Member

I dont know why Chanelle what talking on BBBM. Maybe she chatted before the PA, i dont know. I'll find out tomorrow coz they'll be pics in the local paper.xxxx

Edited by becki 11/8/2007 00:47
boldjohn
Posted 11/8/2007 00:48 (#20986 - in reply to #20983)

Executive Member

bengos - 11/8/2007 00:45

boldjohn - 11/8/2007 00:44

They did have some, but they all got nicked apparently.

Must have had a few rowdy people in again.
becki
Posted 11/8/2007 01:13 (#20992 - in reply to #20969)

Executive Member

boldjohn - 10/8/2007 23:28

becki - 10/8/2007 15:54

Good for you rowdy one.

LMAO!!!! thats funny!! Thanks xxxx
sophie
Posted 11/8/2007 14:24 (#21003 - in reply to #20972)

becki - 10/8/2007 23:42
sophie - 10/8/2007 22:02 yeh anno lol..but alot of people and people that i no that they no( lol) have had the same..and it can happen anywhere yeh
Well a lot of people i know have never had that happen to them here. And i live here!!xxxx

it probz hasnt happened to them no..but people that i no it has like..

chanelle is in the sun today..apparntly she flipped at danielle lyood..becuase chanlle was at this place, and the press were gonna take pics..but danielle loyyd turned up and they tookk pics of dainelle instead!! why does danielle have to stick her nose in!!

becki
Posted 11/8/2007 14:50 (#21005 - in reply to #21003)

Executive Member

sophie - 11/8/2007 14:24

becki - 10/8/2007 23:42
sophie - 10/8/2007 22:02 yeh anno lol..but alot of people and people that i no that they no( lol) have had the same..and it can happen anywhere yeh

it probz hasnt happened to them no..but people that i no it has like..

chanelle is in the sun today..apparntly she flipped at danielle lyood..becuase chanlle was at this place, and the press were gonna take pics..but danielle loyyd turned up and they tookk pics of dainelle instead!! why does danielle have to stick her nose in!!

You mean your sister?
It's annoying coz people think Blackpools really rough but it isnt. Loadsa people come on holiday here and love it.xxxx
sophie
Posted 11/8/2007 14:59 (#21006 - in reply to #16274)

yeh my sister and people she knows and that my mam knows..yeh it is a nice place lyk
PrincessRachel
Posted 11/8/2007 19:28 (#21018 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

will you 2 stop arguing about Blackpool! lol

Edited by PrincessRachel 11/8/2007 19:29
sophie
Posted 11/8/2007 19:41 (#21020 - in reply to #16274)

no ones arguin lol..im just sayin what happened to people that i no and other people..blackpool is a nice area
becki
Posted 11/8/2007 19:44 (#21021 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

And i'm just defending my hometown!!!! I love living here!! xxxx
sophie
Posted 11/8/2007 19:47 (#21022 - in reply to #16274)

i like going there aswell
PrincessRachel
Posted 11/8/2007 20:35 (#21026 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

haha! you 2 are mad!
sophie
Posted 11/8/2007 20:37 (#21028 - in reply to #16274)

lollol whyyyyy?? lol
PrincessRachel
Posted 11/8/2007 21:07 (#21030 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

I dunno you just are lol
becki
Posted 11/8/2007 21:17 (#21031 - in reply to #21026)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 11/8/2007 20:35

haha! you 2 are mad!

Lmao!!!!! I dont know what to say....ermmm....thanks?!!!! xxxx
sophie
Posted 11/8/2007 21:25 (#21032 - in reply to #16274)

lmao..hehe yeh thanks!! lol xxxxxxxxxx
PrincessRachel
Posted 11/8/2007 21:36 (#21035 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

your welcome lol
sophie
Posted 11/8/2007 22:00 (#21046 - in reply to #16274)

lol hehe
harvestgoddess
Posted 12/8/2007 20:06 (#21126 - in reply to #21021)

Executive Member

becki - 11/8/2007 19:44

Thats fair enough becki but from the way im reading it she only mentioned a random incident and you seem to have taken it the wrong way since when were you being asked to defend anything ?
becki
Posted 12/8/2007 20:54 (#21131 - in reply to #21126)

Executive Member

harvestgoddess - 12/8/2007 20:06

Thats fair enough becki but from the way im reading it she only mentioned a random incident and you seem to have taken it the wrong way since when were you being asked to defend anything ?

It just seemed a bit random and needless, Blackpool has a bad reputation for no reason, I defend it cos i'm proud of it.xxxx
harvestgoddess
Posted 12/8/2007 21:01 (#21133 - in reply to #21131)

Executive Member

becki - 12/8/2007 20:54

harvestgoddess - 12/8/2007 20:06

It just seemed a bit random and needless, Blackpool has a bad reputation for no reason, I defend it cos i'm proud of it.xxxx

Well if blackpool has a bad rep its the first ive heard of it , as ive said way i see it sophie is only mentioning something that happened to her sister which she can do .
I just dont really see any need to be so defensive just think you could have had shanessa from your home town
becki
Posted 12/8/2007 21:05 (#21134 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

LMAO!!!! Course she can mention her sister, i'm not saying she cant. But i just thought it was a bit needless. Its just like i wont mention something that happened to me when i went to barrow, coz theres no need to start talking about it. Its not fair on Sophie coz thats her home.xxxx
harvestgoddess
Posted 12/8/2007 21:17 (#21137 - in reply to #21134)

Executive Member

becki - 12/8/2007 21:05

LMAO!!!! Course she can mention her sister, i'm not saying she cant. But i just thought it was a bit needless. Its just like i wont mention something that happened to me when i went to barrow, coz theres no need to start talking about it. Its not fair on Sophie coz thats her home.xxxx

Personally it wouldnt bother me ive read alot of threads which quite delibretly pinpoint a certain city for numerous reasons , but we all know there is good and bad in all places , but knowing sophie i can say with confidence that it was said in a friendly way and never intended to make out blackpool was a rough place .
Back to the topic before i get in trouble for spam i thought chanelle was going back in friday
becki
Posted 12/8/2007 21:24 (#21142 - in reply to #21137)

Executive Member

harvestgoddess - 12/8/2007 21:17

becki - 12/8/2007 21:05

Personally it wouldnt bother me ive read alot of threads which quite delibretly pinpoint a certain city for numerous reasons , but we all know there is good and bad in all places , but knowing sophie i can say with confidence that it was said in a friendly way and never intended to make out blackpool was a rough place .
Back to the topic before i get in trouble for spam i thought chanelle was going back in friday

Lol!! Yeah, i know...and i'm sorry if i made people feel uncomforable or something, that wasnt what i wanted to do But blackpool gets a lot of bad press, its in the papers a lot saying how its chav city etc lmao!! its far from perfect ...have you seen the beach?!! LMAO!!!! but it doesnt deserve half the bad stuff that the press say and stuff like that...its quite nice really.xxxx

Edited by becki 12/8/2007 21:26
PrincessRachel
Posted 13/8/2007 15:20 (#21179 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

I wonder if/when Chanelle is going back into the house
maringo
Posted 13/8/2007 16:16 (#21193 - in reply to #16274)

Looks like Chanelle had a good time in Blackpool...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2161
premierscfc
Posted 13/8/2007 16:23 (#21197 - in reply to #21179)

PrincessRachel - 13/8/2007 15:20 I wonder if/when Chanelle is going back into the house

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/a71295/chanelle-picks-la-ov...

Looks like Chanelle is going to LA instead. She would be silly to go back into the house anyway, look what happened to the poison dwarf when she went back last year.
PrincessRachel
Posted 13/8/2007 20:17 (#21220 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

wow Chanelle must be popular today lmao!
23 people have joined my Chanelle forum so far today :o
emptybox
Posted 14/8/2007 00:35 (#21260 - in reply to #21220)

PrincessRachel - 13/8/2007 20:17 wow Chanelle must be popular today lmao! 23 people have joined my Chanelle forum so far today :o

It's becoming quite the place to be, Rachel.

(after this place, of course. )

Edited by emptybox 14/8/2007 00:37
PrincessRachel
Posted 14/8/2007 12:42 (#21272 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

lol OMG 99 members how good is that :D
becki
Posted 21/8/2007 18:55 (#21616 - in reply to #21193)

Executive Member

maringo - 13/8/2007 16:16

Looks like Chanelle had a good time in Blackpool...

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news_detail.html?sku=2161

Thanks for the link.
Its good that she liked it here

Some people are still saying she might go back in, but i doubt it. What does everyone else think?xxxx
PrincessRachel
Posted 21/8/2007 19:39 (#21621 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

Hopefully, but I dont think she will
maringo
Posted 26/8/2007 23:23 (#21881 - in reply to #21621)

PrincessRachel - 21/8/2007 19:39

She did make a brief reappearance today...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=23161
http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=23201
boldjohn
Posted 27/8/2007 00:07 (#21884 - in reply to #21881)

Executive Member

maringo - 26/8/2007 23:23

PrincessRachel - 21/8/2007 19:39

She did make a brief reappearance today...

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=23161
http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=23201

PrincessRachel
Posted 27/8/2007 18:28 (#21964 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

awwww she looked gorgeous
emptybox
Posted 29/8/2007 01:05 (#22069 - in reply to #16274)

She certainly made an impression.
becki
Posted 31/8/2007 00:18 (#22212 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

This was just on ds!! lol.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother8/a74758/bb-bosses-expecting-...
maringo
Posted 31/8/2007 00:32 (#22217 - in reply to #22212)

becki - 31/8/2007 00:18

Thanks! I doubt there'll be any trouble as Charley seems to be all talk, but it'll be fun to watch if there is.
emptybox
Posted 31/8/2007 00:48 (#22225 - in reply to #16274)

I expect the atmosphere will be a little frosty. brrrr!
boldjohn
Posted 31/8/2007 01:08 (#22229 - in reply to #22225)

Executive Member

Has anyone noticed the speculation on DS about Chanelle's earnings? Apparently she has done very well. Good luck to her. Figures like £750,000 (which didn't seem to have a reliable source) seem a bit exaggerated. Any thoughts Chanelle fans?
PrincessRachel
Posted 31/8/2007 11:32 (#22236 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

I'v read £500,000.... but that was a few days ago
PrincessRachel
Posted 31/8/2007 11:47 (#22237 - in reply to #22212)

Senate Member

becki - 31/8/2007 00:18

thnx! I'm sure there wont be any problems, not from Chanelle anyway, maybe from Charley though
ladyash
Posted 8/9/2007 19:41 (#22816 - in reply to #22237)

Senate Member

PrincessRachel
Posted 8/9/2007 22:15 (#22824 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

ha I think that was funny lol!
She's gunna be in wakefield on Sunday 16th
boldjohn
Posted 9/9/2007 16:46 (#22846 - in reply to #22824)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 8/9/2007 22:15

ha I think that was funny lol!
She's gunna be in wakefield on Sunday 16th

Is that the first time she's been back to Wakefield? She has been busy. I wonder what kind of reception she'll get.
PrincessRachel
Posted 9/9/2007 21:19 (#22853 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

no dont think so, I think she's been back a few times but not for long lol
sophie
Posted 9/9/2007 21:32 (#22854 - in reply to #16274)

did you see her on winners week lol..typical eh lol
ashfan
Posted 18/9/2007 12:20 (#23410 - in reply to #16274)

What do u mean by that????
PrincessRachel
Posted 18/9/2007 18:17 (#23418 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

woooooooo I met hr yey me lol!
sh is realy nice and funny
sophie
Posted 18/9/2007 20:27 (#23427 - in reply to #23410)

ashfan - 18/9/2007 12:20 What do u mean by that????

what i meant was like..she was complainign about the sand lol

Edited by sophie 18/9/2007 20:28
harvestgoddess
Posted 20/9/2007 13:14 (#23554 - in reply to #23427)

Executive Member

sophie - 18/9/2007 20:27

ashfan - 18/9/2007 12:20 What do u mean by that????

what i meant was like..she was complainign about the sand lol

Yep i saw that she came across as a spoilt brat from hell she is a cross between a nikki /posh wannabe and ive really really gone off her fame has clearly gone to her head !
PrincessRachel
Posted 20/9/2007 18:13 (#23583 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

it hasnt, she is realy realy nice!
kowalski
Posted 20/9/2007 19:11 (#23588 - in reply to #23583)

Senate Member

I quite liked chanelle for a while on BB , but by the last week she was a pain , and seeing her behaviour since (final night, Aftershow etc. ) I've gone right off her .

k

Julian
Posted 20/9/2007 19:31 (#23591 - in reply to #23588)

Executive Member

There wasn't anything wrong with her behaviour on the final as far as I remember

Chanelle has a tendency to react hysterically when things don't go her way. It's not her best feature and it's not something she's proud of either but I don't see it as spoilt diva behaviour I see it more as a sign of insecurity and neurosis.

If you look past that, you find a very down-to-earth, caring and considerate girl with a lot of time for people, a great sense of humour and not a malicious bone in her body.

Ziggy isn't the sort of person to fall for a shallow, spoilt brat. Chanelle's passing resemblance to one is what made him second-guess his feelings so often but he's past that now. I think he understands her better and I think he's learning not to take her tantrums to heart.

I don't know if they'll last as a couple - celebrity couples that last are incredibly rare - but I think Chanelle is a great catch for someone with the patience and understanding to take the rough with the smooth.

She's young yet. I reckon she'll grow out of it

Regards

Julian
harvestgoddess
Posted 20/9/2007 20:13 (#23595 - in reply to #23591)

Executive Member

Dont get me wrong guys i dont think she is a bad person and i was very very fond of her but from my view point when i was her age i had 2 kids (not that long ago !) and i have very little paitence for that kind of behaviour when she is screaming and yelling over nothing , she has probably spent all her childhood dreaming of being famous and yet when it finally happens she fails to treat people with respect and acts like a brat and she now just reminds me of nikki its almost as if she is trying to imitate nikki ?! surely someone must see it ?
or is it just me ......... *hides*
emptybox
Posted 20/9/2007 21:20 (#23597 - in reply to #16274)

The begining of the Blackpool tantrum was tongue in cheek, but by the end she had lost it a bit, for real.

I think it had to do with walking on (as she saw it) dirty sand in her bare feet.

But remember Chanelle is known for her tantrums, so the producers were duty bound to include one, and the people she was railing against were her agent and his assistant, who she had worked closely with for a few weeks by that point, and who she is on friendly terms with.

becki
Posted 20/9/2007 21:44 (#23598 - in reply to #16274)

Executive Member

I thought Chanelle was ok in the house, but when i was watching winners week i was really shocked.
Seeing her moan and act like a spoilt kid annoyed me. I know Blackpool sand isnt perfect, but shes lucky to have the chance to do photoshoots. She needs to realise that she isnt better than other people/other places, coz she certainly isnt.xxxx
PrincessRachel
Posted 20/9/2007 22:30 (#23603 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

if I was walking on a beach in shorts when it was freezing I'd be complaining too!
and getting sand on your feet is so anoying lol
Julian
Posted 21/9/2007 00:00 (#23604 - in reply to #23603)

Executive Member

There are some situations which can make anyone feel like screaming. The difference is that when Chanelle feels like screaming she doesn't hold back

We don't really know how much indignity had been heaped on Chanelle that day. The freezing cold, impractical shoes and uncomfortable sand may just have been the last in a long line.

In any case, I really don't think she's trying to be like Nikki, I think they both just happen to share a tendency to regress into childlike tantrums when faced with adversity and they also share a tendency to see adversity in everything. Although, it has to be said, Nikki is by far the worst of the two

Regards

Julian
PrincessRachel
Posted 21/9/2007 15:51 (#23611 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

lol you should see me lol... but I am only 14
boldjohn
Posted 22/9/2007 02:21 (#23628 - in reply to #23603)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 20/9/2007 22:30

if I was walking on a beach in shorts when it was freezing I'd be complaining too!
and getting sand on your feet is so anoying lol

You should be used to it the amount of holidays you have. I find Chanelle's outbursts a bit odd, but she seems a nice girl generally. Comparing her with Nikki is a terrible insult.
PrincessRachel
Posted 22/9/2007 12:22 (#23637 - in reply to #16274)

Senate Member

lmao! I've only been 1,2,3,4,5 times so far this year... But only 3 of them abroad, going to London again (but only 4 1 nigt) and France soon