You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Its nearly Easter!
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Chill OutMessage format

Odm
Posted 26/3/2007 23:22 (#9064)
Subject: Its nearly Easter!

I dont know exactly when Easter is, I know its soon and I know someone here will point it out... but to my mind it was only just Mothers day, and before that it was Xmas.... we have just put the clocks on for Spring which means Summer is on the way and the daffodils have already started dying....theres chocolate bunnies, chocolate boxes and Easter cards all lined up from the Postoffice to the Supermarket and ...

IM NOT READY!!!!

I called into Lidl today as I had been in Tesco..YES TESCO! and I was looking at their pamphlet that describes the items coming into their shop next week and it had PRESENTS for KIDS for EASTER!! WTF!! Presents? for Easter?....DOH!!

We are only three months into this year and already I am fed up with the way shops LINE UP the flaming goodies expecting us all to buy them...ooops AND I FORGOT...it was also Valentines day in February as well.....

...does anybody start to feel poor already at this time of the year....or do I have to start to offer to clean OAs car on Sundays to earn some more pocket money...???>
Hummmmm

Edited by Odm 26/3/2007 23:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page
boldjohn
Posted 27/3/2007 00:05 (#9069 - in reply to #9064)
Subject: Re: Its nearly Easter!

Executive Member

I've given up shopping for Lent. It's been a terrible strain, but I think I'd be a better person if I gave it up completely. Anyone tried shopping in Derby? Don't bother. Beware of those Easter goodies odm.
emptybox
Posted 27/3/2007 00:28 (#9073 - in reply to #9064)
Subject: RE: Its nearly Easter!

Well the daffs have only just come out here. We're not in such a rush as you Southrons.

But I know what you mean about Easter. I tried to buy my favourite dark chocolate in the supermarket last week, only to find it had been ousted in favour of all the bloomin' Easter Eggs.
maringo
Posted 27/3/2007 04:22 (#9077 - in reply to #9064)

Odm - 26/3/2007 23:22

I dont know exactly when Easter is, I know its soon and I know someone here will point it out... but to my mind it was only just Mothers day, and before that it was Xmas....

It's on April 8th this year.

We are only three months into this year and already I am fed up with the way shops LINE UP the flaming goodies expecting us all to buy them...ooops AND I FORGOT...it was also Valentines day in February as well.....

As you didn't know when Easter was, perhaps others won't. You could say it's on April 15th and give everybody stuff that's been reduced after Easter.

...does anybody start to feel poor already at this time of the year....or do I have to start to offer to clean OAs car on Sundays to earn some more pocket money...?

No, he won't clean it for another five months.
Odm
Posted 27/3/2007 15:42 (#9124 - in reply to #9077)

maringo - 27/3/2007 04:22

Odm - 26/3/2007 23:22

I dont know exactly when Easter is, I know its soon and I know someone here will point it out... but to my mind it was only just Mothers day, and before that it was Xmas....

It's on April 8th this year.

As you didn't know when Easter was, perhaps others won't. You could say it's on April 15th and give everybody stuff that's been reduced after Easter.

...does anybody start to feel poor already at this time of the year....or do I have to start to offer to clean OAs car on Sundays to earn some more pocket money...?

No, he won't clean it for another five months.

Oh thanks for letting me know...(Ninja) LOL well by rule of thumb I always consider myself fairly generous but I am not getting caught up in Easter this year... nope..Im gonna have to put it on my ...Its Banned list....another big reason for this is because I have an intense annoyance about packaging...TOO MUCH FLAMING PACKAGING for a weeney egg with bugger all inside it...oh , maybe a couple of sweets inside MORE packaging...

I do not think it is worth giving up oxygen cutting down trees just to make a bit of chocolate look pretty in a box...I am going to have to have a soapbox corner somewhere to sort out all my issues with SOCIETY...GRRR. if anyone has the nerve they could ask me what happened today when I went to the BANK..it was NOT pretty ( I am not being spoken to right now because of it - second thoughts...dont ask!) ..I have decided I am hell when served with 'sales pitch'.... especially when I know that the benefit is not to myself but to the one who is doing all the waffle...

.....as for OAs car...he said I cant have any pocket money cos hes washing it himself today... ya whaaaaaaaaaa

Im all moaney...moan moan moan.....

Edited by Odm 27/3/2007 15:48
carrickmac
Posted 28/3/2007 01:17 (#9152 - in reply to #9064)

Ive bought some easter eggs last week for my neice's two kids and just ended up eating them myself,well i thought
if i bought for her kids all the rest of my neice's and nephews would exspect me to buy for there kids and there is far too
many of them.
emptybox
Posted 28/3/2007 01:31 (#9154 - in reply to #9064)

I've only got two nephews. I usually buy them something chocolate if I'm going to see them over the Easter weekend. Otherwise they may just get a card.
Odm
Posted 28/3/2007 09:27 (#9171 - in reply to #9152)

carrickmac - 28/3/2007 01:17

Ive bought some easter eggs last week for my neice's two kids and just ended up eating them myself,well i thought
if i bought for her kids all the rest of my neice's and nephews would exspect me to buy for there kids and there is far too
many of them.

tee hee....I actually really laughed my head off when I read this CM..its just horrible when chocolate is 'sitting there'... but its true what you say and I note the same with EB and likely a lot of us, there are just too many little mouths on the 'string' and it costs a fortune these days to please everyone. I wish we were not put under this pressure to constantly buy...Dont you think that the word SURPRISE has just faded...? It has become more what is expected...never mind.

I did get my mum something though ( had to really despite it all....) ... instead of an Easter Card, I got her a postcard of one of the Estates nearby. There are lots of lovely woods and the dog enjoys his walks there. It helps bring her nearer to me...secondly I got her a Chocolate MEDAL for worlds best Mum..lol...I dont think I ought to eat that though...so I will stick with the ice cream in the fridge...ummmm...yummy!

Edited by Odm 28/3/2007 09:31
carrickmac
Posted 30/3/2007 01:41 (#9448 - in reply to #9171)

Im just going to buy some easter eggs and see who turns,im not going out of my way to take the eggs to there homes
Any way ive got my eye on this one "yum"
carrickmac
Posted 6/4/2007 15:36 (#10036 - in reply to #9448)

Its Easter
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
maringo
Posted 6/4/2007 17:50 (#10039 - in reply to #10036)

Interested Observer
Posted 6/4/2007 19:34 (#10041 - in reply to #10039)

Happy Easter

carrickmac
Posted 6/4/2007 19:53 (#10042 - in reply to #10041)

My Butt hurts........Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
boldjohn
Posted 7/4/2007 13:24 (#10082 - in reply to #10042)

Executive Member

Have a cracking time everyone.
Don't count your chickens before they are hatched and don't keep your eggs in one basket.
carrickmac
Posted 12/4/2007 20:42 (#10591 - in reply to #10082)

Easter is over now!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread