You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Radio Show 6 (Mar 15th) - Live Update
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

deeb
Posted 15/3/2007 22:21 (#7859 - in reply to #7857)
Subject: Re: Radio Show 6 (Live Update) March 15th 2007

zou gou - 15/3/2007 21:23 (What was the "prank" mentioned above, btw?)

That was on this week's Prince Diamond's Monday (12th) show (7-9pm).

Sophie gave PD the number of a lad she knows and PD did his police constable call (similar to the one on Imogen, if you heard that). PC/PD wanted to know where the lad was on a given date, in connection with a 'crime'. Eventually, the lad asked if he could put his mother on (OK) and PC/PD asked her where the son was on (...) evening. The mother said he was at (? rugby training ?) - PD started to lose his act and asked for the son again. His mother refused and (I think) PD hung up because it had got too difficult for him

No need to acknowledge that response, zou gou, because it gives me an excuse to report that PD had a guest on his show Deemas J who seemed fairly reserved throughout his interview & other contributions. He asked PD if he could do a prank call after Sophie's and he did. He called 118 118 and embarked on a monologue using an Indian accent. He gave an account of his recent 'life history' leading to a request for the number of a local kebab shop. It was superbly free-flowing improvisation and I was gasping for air. Interjections of irrelevancies such as "my wife is so stupid" which got him nowhere nearer his 'objective' and just served to increase the cost of the premium call. [No-one got hurt.]

But, and one should never start a sentence (let alone a paragraph) with 'but', the 118 118 call was redirected to the kebab shop and Deemas J went seamlessly into an angry/excitable Richard Prior type order for a kebab with fries: "Look, I've just arrived in this country and it's the first time I've had to order a kebab ...".

Sorry, have to bail out myself now because I was far too busy (bent double) to be taking notes. I was just amused that Deemas seemed so much more confident being someone else than himself. It was evident to me that he'd done that kind of thing before. Prince D gave credit to his long-time buddy. For me, he stole the show.

It would have been great if it had been recorded but I think that's unlikely If he pops up again, anywhere, ... worth paying attention.

[rating]

Top of the page Bottom of the page
maringo
Posted 16/3/2007 03:23 (#7890 - in reply to #7671)
Subject: RE: Radio Show 6 (Live Update) March 15th 2007

Thanks for the info on the Prince Diamond/Sophie prank call.

I wonder what kind of prank call Aisleyne will do next week?
Stephanie
Posted 16/3/2007 22:21 (#7946 - in reply to #7839)

Believe it all not, I was cut off at first when I was put on hold but I rang in again and got through.
ofni
Posted 16/3/2007 22:26 (#7947 - in reply to #7890)

maringo - 16/3/2007 03:23

Thanks for the info on the Prince Diamond/Sophie prank call.

I wonder what kind of prank call Aisleyne will do next week?

Maybe she'll ring up the Richard&Judy Programme and profess undying love for Mr Madeley.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5 6
Now viewing page 6 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread