You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Radio show 4 (Mar 1st) - Live Update
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

dannyk
Posted 4/3/2007 17:49 (#6346 - in reply to #5888)
Subject: RE: Radio show 4 (live update)

Ash is doing a good job when she's focused and on the ball, which we've seen over the past few weeks. But stuff like the lateness and drinking will give her a reputation as a loose cannon and affects her overall performance. It's true that PD didn't seem too bothered, but there is always the chance that potential employers are listening.

Over the next few weeks, Ash needs to show that she is taking it seriously and not drink on the show in future. I've really enjoyed the shows overall, and she obviously has the talent to take this further, so it'd be a shame for that to go to waste over a couple of things which can be easily rectified.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ladyash
Posted 4/3/2007 18:01 (#6349 - in reply to #6346)

Senate Member

lets hope she reads what your saying dannyk cos i want ash to be around for a long time
becki
Posted 4/3/2007 18:07 (#6350 - in reply to #6349)

Executive Member

ladyash - 4/3/2007 18:01

lets hope she reads what your saying dannyk cos i want ash to be around for a long time

I do too.
I do think Ash is doing a fab job, i love her shows!
The only thing that i think would effect her is the swearing. I personally dont have a problem with that, but future producer people might.
mich007
Posted 4/3/2007 18:15 (#6351 - in reply to #6346)

dannyk - 4/3/2007 17:49

Ash is doing a good job when she's focused and on the ball, which we've seen over the past few weeks. But stuff like the lateness and drinking will give her a reputation as a loose cannon and affects her overall performance. It's true that PD didn't seem too bothered, but there is always the chance that potential employers are listening.

Over the next few weeks, Ash needs to show that she is taking it seriously and not drink on the show in future. I've really enjoyed the shows overall, and she obviously has the talent to take this further, so it'd be a shame for that to go to waste over a couple of things which can be easily rectified.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that tell the truth

Thanks
becki
Posted 4/3/2007 18:20 (#6352 - in reply to #6351)

Executive Member

mich007 - 4/3/2007 18:15

dannyk - 4/3/2007 17:49

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks like that tell the truth

Thanks

I'm telling the truth, and i think Ash is doing a fab job. I dont say things i dont mean.
sophie
Posted 4/3/2007 18:21 (#6353 - in reply to #5888)
Subject: Re: Radio show 4 (live update)

im telling the truth and i think shes doing a great job.. thats my opinion and its true..mayb she can cut down on the swearing..but it doesnt really matter rreally because the same things are being discussed..with just sum swear words in..

so basically shes doing great
dannyk
Posted 4/3/2007 18:30 (#6354 - in reply to #5888)

I don't think mich007 was saying anyone was being dishonest, just that it's sometimes harder to be critical on a fansite like this when Ash could be reading.

I'm enjoying the shows as much as you are, Becki and Sophie, but there are people out there being critical of her performance and the points being raised can be easily rectified with little effort required. There's nothing wrong with Ash's presenting style - she's warm, friendly and makes her callers feel at ease. It's just the little things that are making some people think she's not taking it seriously.

Edited by dannyk 4/3/2007 18:32
mich007
Posted 4/3/2007 18:48 (#6355 - in reply to #5888)

I am not saying Ash isn't doing a good job. I see the internet radio show as a learning curve, even Claire said that Ash wanted to start on the internet radio station to learn the ropes before attempting to move onto meanstream. Ash has said she wants our comments. I never said Ash wasn't good I have praised her but I have just given my opinion of what she could do to improve (if she wants to take note). I wish Ash well but it doesn't mean I am going to agree with everything she says or does, (I am just keeping it real for me) However I accept there are those who will think she can do no wrong, we are all different no doubt.
emma*the*bird
Posted 4/3/2007 19:52 (#6356 - in reply to #6354)

dannyk - 4/3/2007 18:30

I don't think mich007 was saying anyone was being dishonest, just that it's sometimes harder to be critical on a fansite like this when Ash could be reading.

I'm enjoying the shows as much as you are, Becki and Sophie, but there are people out there being critical of her performance and the points being raised can be easily rectified with little effort required. There's nothing wrong with Ash's presenting style - she's warm, friendly and makes her callers feel at ease. It's just the little things that are making some people think she's not taking it seriously.

Agreed.
becki
Posted 4/3/2007 20:25 (#6357 - in reply to #5888)

Executive Member

I know, everyones allowed to have their own opinion.
I'm not gonna agree with what everyone says, i have my own opinion. I think Ash is doing really well, shes only just started and shes doing such a good job I am so proud of her. Just because i havent critisized her doesnt mean i am not telling the truth.
sophie
Posted 4/3/2007 20:35 (#6358 - in reply to #5888)

yeh i agree becki.. i avnt critisised and..what i have said it true- becuase in my opinion she is doing very well..
its my opinion just like everybody else is allowed theres..
im proud aswell of aisleyne

this is my opinion..

no hard feeling to anyone like xxxx
mich007
Posted 4/3/2007 20:39 (#6359 - in reply to #6357)

becki - 4/3/2007 20:25

I'm not gonna agree with what everyone says, i have my own opinion. I think Ash is doing really well, shes only just started and shes doing such a good job I am so proud of her. Just because i havent critisized her doesnt mean i am not telling the truth.

Dear Becki

I'd like to make it clear that I did not think you were not telling the truth from your point of view you are indeed entitled to your own opinion. I will also like to say the generally all of us who have commented on this thread gererally think Ash is doing a good job overall however some of us have voiced our concerns for her regarding the last hour of her last show. We have picked up on a few points, and have given constructive criticism because we want bigger doors to be opened for her not to have a dig at her. When I said tell the truth I wasn't really trying to impose my opinion on others, but I am happy that others see certain things from my point of view. At the end of the day it's all good IMO.

Edited by mich007 4/3/2007 20:40
becki
Posted 4/3/2007 20:44 (#6360 - in reply to #6359)

Executive Member

mich007 - 4/3/2007 20:39

becki - 4/3/2007 20:25

Dear Becki

I'd like to make it clear that I did not think you were not telling the truth from your point of view you are indeed entitled to your own opinion. I will also like to say the generally all of us who have commented on this thread gererally think Ash is doing a good job overall however some of us have voiced our concerns for her regarding the last hour of her last show. We have picked up on a few points, and have given constructive criticism because we want bigger doors to be opened for her not to have a dig at her. When I said tell the truth I wasn't really trying to impose my opinion on others, but I am happy that others see certain things from my point of view. At the end of the day it's all good IMO.

Awww i know your only saying your opinion, and thats good,
Ash wants to hear what people think, as she said in one of her posts, she wants to know what to improve on etc.
But i dont want anyone to think that me and soph arent saying what we really think, coz we are. I'm not the sort of person to say things i dont mean, and neither is Soph
Sorry, i didnt mean to annoy anyone by my posts of anything, but i was just saying what i thought xxxx

Edited by becki 4/3/2007 20:47
Odm
Posted 4/3/2007 20:58 (#6361 - in reply to #6321)

emma*the*bird - 4/3/2007 15:10

The f'ing was a bit much and I felt she was disrespectful to a few fans. Maybe radio is not her vocation. The drink really didn't do her any favours. Let's hope that next week will be better.

I must admit that your last thought did cross my mind odm (I hope you got my mail btw - I understand that a lot of your stress is down to moving - been there - I hope it went well ). As I said last time I think she needs to stand on her own feet more. My reasons may have a lot to do with what I think odm is suggesting.

Hello Emma, yes I did get your mail, thank you. I have been terribly busy with this move and I admit that it created much stress I am starting to pick up a bit now though and think me and you just got off to a bad start. Lets try again. I love everybody very much on the forum and I want you to be sure that I have no illfeelings at all.

bengos
Posted 4/3/2007 21:24 (#6364 - in reply to #5888)

Executive Member

I personally think that the fact that Becki and Soph's comments are always positive and upbeat are a good thing, and I think it's important that Ais sees that people "idolise" her as this is a good reminder that she's a role model for people - such praise might be just as valuable a thing for her to see/read as constructive criticism is (criticism which I think is justified).

One thing I will say to Becki and Soph, though, and I know both will not take it as an attack as they know I have their best interests at heart, is that if something happens that could harm her future career (such as being drunk or swearing) it does need to be pointed out to Ais, as well as the praise for the great job she's otherwise doing, or else she might not realise the effect it could be having.

If all she sees is "you're great, keep going as you are" that's exactly what she'll do, and she can kiss goodbye to the mainstream career she wants and we all want for her. I think we all have to be positive, but also helpful.
warrior262
Posted 4/3/2007 21:32 (#6367 - in reply to #5888)

I am sure last weeks show will be a blip, for reasons we do not know.
Considering Ash is new to radio presenting, she is doing great.
Lets all look forward to Thursday.
becki
Posted 4/3/2007 21:34 (#6369 - in reply to #6364)

Executive Member

bengos - 4/3/2007 21:24

I personally think that the fact that Becki and Soph's comments are always positive and upbeat are a good thing, and I think it's important that Ais sees that people "idolise" her as this is a good reminder that she's a role model for people - such praise might be just as valuable a thing for her to see/read as constructive criticism is (criticism which I think is justified).

One thing I will say to Becki and Soph, though, and I know both will not take it as an attack as they know I have their best interests at heart, is that if something happens that could harm her future career (such as being drunk or swearing) it does need to be pointed out to Ais, as well as the praise for the great job she's otherwise doing, or else she might not realise the effect it could be having.

If all she sees is "you're great, keep going as you are" that's exactly what she'll do, and she can kiss goodbye to the mainstream career she wants and we all want for her. I think we all have to be positive, but also helpful.

I do agree with you, and i have said that even though the swearing doesnt bother me, it might bother some other people and could affect her chances of getting a future job in radio. xxxx
bradley27
Posted 4/3/2007 22:32 (#6378 - in reply to #6333)

Senate Member

dannyk - 4/3/2007 15:46

Thanks for explaining. I didn't really notice the first time round, but will probably listen to the show again before Thursday. I do remember her saying something about Bradley, but I think that was just banter.

it was all banter with me. She even spoke to me before we came on air, and made me really feel better because I had worried that she hadnt taken my jokey question, about her bad week in the house, well a few weeks ago.

We had a good laugh before and when I was on. I told her I was going to have a go at her and she just laughed. She has a way of making people feel special when she speaks to people, or thats the way I find her.
becki
Posted 4/3/2007 22:35 (#6379 - in reply to #6378)

Executive Member

bradley27 - 4/3/2007 22:32

dannyk - 4/3/2007 15:46

Thanks for explaining. I didn't really notice the first time round, but will probably listen to the show again before Thursday. I do remember her saying something about Bradley, but I think that was just banter.

it was all banter with me. She even spoke to me before we came on air, and made me really feel better because I had worried that she hadnt taken my jokey question, about her bad week in the house, well a few weeks ago.

We had a good laugh before and when I was on. I told her I was going to have a go at her and she just laughed. She has a way of making people feel special when she speaks to people, or thats the way I find her.

I agree with you Bradders.
I think its great that Ash can have a bit of banter with her fans
She always makes me feel special with the shoutouts, Me and Soph alwyas talk about it on msn xxxx
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4
Now viewing page 4 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread