You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Radio Show - constructive criticism
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

bunniesfrightenme
Posted 23/2/2007 16:15 (#5196 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: Re: Radio Show - constructive criticism

Hey Aisleyne, you are a total natural!! Dont think youre lettin anyone down with "shoddy presenting" ... there hasnt been any flaws on ru part, youre being urself and thats why we love you!! Even though youre ill you came in and did the show, a total professional and dedicated to her listeners - u rock my world! Keep up the good work xoxox and hi to Michael - get him back on he also rocks!! lol xox
Top of the page Bottom of the page
dannyk
Posted 23/2/2007 16:17 (#5197 - in reply to #2005)

Hey Ash. You're not letting any of us down - we all love listening to the show and I think you're doing a great job.
emma*the*bird
Posted 23/2/2007 16:22 (#5199 - in reply to #5190)

Aisleyne - 23/2/2007 16:05

Hey guys and girls, whats up! I hope your all well and happy. Ok 1st off let me say sorry for not being able to pop on and say hi before now... i have been 1 busy bee the last 2 weeks on top of being unwell, so pls accept my appologies. 2nd, just wanna thankyou for all yr feed back on the radio show....guys i know i have room for improvment and i do hope that i am not letting you all down by shoddy presenting? The truth is i have had no training whatsoever and as you all know i havnt done this before so am learning the ropes as i go along, but that said i really do need to hear all your oppinions as it helps me to progress. I do have a tendancy to harp back to bb at times i must admit but would appriciate your help with this, i need more call ins/chatroom notes on any topics asside from bb, that i may bring up. Just spoke to Jordan aka diamond at invincible who said he is dealing with the sound issues and he also said its fne to send in any cds to the station, so feel free. I was so touched by Sophies call and want to take a moment to say thankyou and send a big hug and kiss to her.... and all of you. I really couldnt do it without you.... apparently there is a valentines banner on here for me so i am off to look for it.... so excited, Michaels just popped round we are going for a jog he says hi to you all. lots of love and kisses allways and forever.....Ashaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are letting no one down dear. You are an absolute star! Also I hope you read my advice and take it as it was intended. We ALL want to see you do well.

Oh and say Hi to Michael. I thought he was really special during the show.

Edited by emma*the*bird 23/2/2007 16:25
premierscfc
Posted 23/2/2007 17:41 (#5207 - in reply to #5168)

rudyrudyrudy - 23/2/2007 14:48

Whatever our different opinions are, Ash did ask for CDs to be sent in. If PD objected, or otherwise thought not a good idea, I'd hope he would have jumped in.

My point is about the legality of sending copies of CD's to invincible. If people send originals in that's fine but I am sure it is illegal for a radio station to be playing "pirate" CD's.
becki
Posted 24/2/2007 00:47 (#5324 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Hiya Aisleyne.
Thanks for posting It means a lot to us all.
Your radio show is always fab, your doing great, so dont worry about it. Your amazing
Love ya lots
Becki xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
maringo
Posted 16/3/2007 04:01 (#7896 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Radio Show - constructive criticism

I just thought I'd bump up this thread, as Aisleyne made a post earlier wanting feedback on her show (scroll down a bit for the post)...

http://www.aisleyne.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=200&start=...
Odm
Posted 16/3/2007 13:27 (#7924 - in reply to #7896)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These are for you Ais!

Your technique has got better everytime your Show comes around.

For the listeners however, there was a bad 'hum' sound running right through the programme. It sounds like a bad 'earth' so maybe it could be just a lead that is causing that problem so someone needs to check that perhaps?

The guests cant always be heard either so either they need Miking up or they need to be next to or closer to a microphone so that the chat exchange can be heard properly so we can transcribe it to the forum for those who cannot be online to listen when the show goes out.

I think Ais you are developing a new catchphrase...' LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
you are saying it plenty Ais so I reakon it wont be long before it catchs on...

Just keep going you know you are working hard towards getting things right and we notice everything you do and support you fully.

You do a great job....

Love and hugs..
Izzy xxx
dannyk
Posted 16/3/2007 14:01 (#7925 - in reply to #2005)

I mentioned this in the Hi Aisleyne thread but I think it's more suitable here...

The only constructive criticism I have is re: the discussion topics, and we all need to make more of an effort to respond to them. Voodoo Child is always very good with that, but he's been too busy to listen to the past few shows I think. I've never phoned up the show before but really want to soon, but I'm really nervous!

The best thing to help with the discussion side of things would be making more use of the station's email system. We often respond to the discussion topics in the chat-room, but it's so fast-moving that Ash often misses them. If we knew that they'd be read using an email address, she could read our responses out at her leisure. Maybe PD could help with that?

The last two shows have been brilliant.
remaha
Posted 16/3/2007 14:48 (#7928 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Hey Ash, you're getting better and better, particularly at the twiddling with the knobs part.  

I'd have thought it would be difficult to keep discussion on a topic going if you are relying on the phone. Most chat shows have several incoming lines and can keep callers stacked-up waiting to be put on air. As you don't have that facility, the discussion is always going to seem a little fractured.

I think you need to pick just one or two topics each week and mention them several times. You could listen to the phone-ins on Radio 5 live to see how the profesionals do it. You need to keep repeating the telephone number as well if you want callers. I'd say that it would always be better to pick a subject you know quite a bit about. An ideal subject a few weeks back would have been who deserved to win a Brit award but missed out.

Here's me giving you all this advice Ash and I haven't called in once. I promise that when I have got something to say on one of your topics, I'll will do so.

Personally, I wouldn't go ahead with your plan to do wind-ups. As PD found out this week, they can easily backfire. And if you do it live, you can expect people to eff and blind when they discover the truth (remember Imogen!).

Ash, my favourite parts of the show are where you talk about what you have been doing during the week, who you met, etc. Just the little things. OK, a bit of gossip is always good. But it doesn't have to be the sort of stuff that would make the gossip pages of the red tops.

Keep up the good work Ash. I'm enjoying the music, most of which is an education to me!   

secrethousemate
Posted 16/3/2007 18:13 (#7935 - in reply to #7925)

The email address for the studio is radio@invinciblemag.com

Prince Diamond gave this out on air a couple of weeks ago

I am sure that could be added to the 'sticky' for the show

maringo
Posted 16/3/2007 18:34 (#7936 - in reply to #7935)

secrethousemate - 16/3/2007 18:13

The email address for the studio is radio@invinciblemag.com

Prince Diamond gave this out on air a couple of weeks ago

I am sure that could be added to the 'sticky' for the show

Thanks, I've updated the sticky now. I've also had to delete Odm's post (sorry!) and replace it with deeb's more comprehensive one.
Odm
Posted 16/3/2007 19:22 (#7938 - in reply to #7936)

Im all for re-doing the sticky and knocking my post out....dont worry!
emptybox
Posted 16/3/2007 20:27 (#7940 - in reply to #2005)

Why are there two different phone numbers?
Stephanie
Posted 16/3/2007 22:13 (#7945 - in reply to #7940)

The only problems I had were sometimes the sound quality, but apart from that it was a great show and am so happy that I have now spoken to her because I really admire her.
zou gou
Posted 5/4/2007 20:35 (#10004 - in reply to #2005)

What do we think about the talk vs music balance in Aisleyne's show.

Talk was up this week (April 5th); music had been up for at least a couple of weeks before.

I'd like the balance shifted back a bit towards music, but not quite as far as it had been.
maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 21:03 (#10007 - in reply to #10004)

zou gou - 5/4/2007 20:35 What do we think about the talk vs music balance in Aisleyne's show. Talk was up this week (April 5th); music had been up for at least a couple of weeks before. I'd like the balance shifted back a bit towards music, but not quite as far as it had been.

There was slightly too much talking, but with all that juicy gossip I didn't really mind a bit!

boldjohn
Posted 5/4/2007 22:15 (#10017 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

More chat is good for me. I couldn't fault the show today. The sound was better and their were no sound dips. Aisleyne worked very well with Prince Diamond. She seems to be growing with confidence all the time. She tells us what we most want to hear: what she's been doing and what she's doing next. The calls from Becki and Sophie were very moving. I loved the giggles of excitement coming out of my speaker even though the line was bad. The girls have been practising their tribute to Aisleyne all week and delivered it well. Aisleyne's dead battery admission to the girls was funny. Great Show. Well done Aisleyne, Prince Diamond and the callers.
Jump to page : 1 2 3 4 5
Now viewing page 5 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread