You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Grace Dent's BB: A Decade in the Headlines
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne's Film, TV & Radio WorkMessage format

emptybox
Posted 31/5/2009 00:10 (#32999)
Subject: Grace Dent's BB: A Decade in the Headlines

There was a short interview with aisleyne in this E4 show presented by Grace Dent, where she describes how Big Brother has changed her life for the better.

It's repeated tomorrow night on Channel 4 at 10.10 pm.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
ofni
Posted 31/5/2009 00:27 (#33001 - in reply to #32999)
Subject: RE: Grace Dent's BB: A Decade in the Headlines

As the programme went on I was wondering where Aisleyne might crop up (apart from her very brief clip in the first few seconds and her "supporting role" with Pete in the Spin the Bottle Kiss ).

When that Oxford academic started talking about people's generally positive recall of "capsule experiences" it seemed like the right cue for Ash to appear. And so it proved.

Good to have Grace Dent's confirmation of what we always suspected about Aisleyne being her favourite housemate ever, too.

Interesting programme generally, too, I thought.

It should be coming up again soon on e4+1
emptybox
Posted 31/5/2009 00:31 (#33002 - in reply to #32999)

It could have been improved with more Ash.
ofni
Posted 31/5/2009 00:42 (#33003 - in reply to #33002)

emptybox - 31/5/2009 00:31

It could have been improved with more Ash.

I think you're pushing at an open door on THIS forum with THAT proposition.
secrethousemate
Posted 31/5/2009 01:05 (#33004 - in reply to #32999)
Subject: Re: Grace Dent's BB: A Decade in the Headlines

Interesting and informative. Better than that rubbish quiz last night :-)
Aisleyne
Posted 31/5/2009 13:08 (#33007 - in reply to #32999)

I HEART GRACE DENT WOW, WHAT a compliment coming from such an amazing, articulate, informed woman! With fantastic boobs too! lol, sorry but they ARE!!!!! I was over the moon with her comment, I couldn't believe it! I was a bit disappointed to be honest as the show went on and I was not appearing, because it was a show I felt strongly about, (not like a quiz show...eh hem!) perhaps Gracie was saving 'her best till last'.....arrrggghhh, did I just say that? WOWOWOWOW! I is like WELL happy init
ofni
Posted 31/5/2009 13:32 (#33008 - in reply to #32999)

Yes indeed, Aisleyne, Grace Dent has always been a fave round these parts, so what she said wasn't really a total surprise to us, but nice to hear her say it anyway. Have you ever read her Radio Times blog for BB7? Especially what she said about you. She seemed to understand where you were coming from even just a day or two after "out of the box day"! I think she "got" you even before some of the rest of us caught on to just how special you were/are.

And that was certainly a MUCH better programme than that Quiz thing the night before.

Oh, and BTW on the lowculture forum, they reckon that if Charlie Brooker doesn't marry you, than Grace D would be their second choice for him.
bradley27
Posted 31/5/2009 13:44 (#33009 - in reply to #33007)

Senate Member

Aisleyne - 31/5/2009 13:08

I HEART GRACE DENT WOW, WHAT a compliment coming from such an amazing, articulate, informed woman! With fantastic boobs too! lol, sorry but they ARE!!!!! I was over the moon with her comment, I couldn't believe it! I was a bit disappointed to be honest as the show went on and I was not appearing, because it was a show I felt strongly about, (not like a quiz show...eh hem!) perhaps Gracie was saving 'her best till last'.....arrrggghhh, did I just say that? WOWOWOWOW! I is like WELL happy init

Just in case you, or anyone, wants to read the great Dent's blogs from BB7, heres a link to the first day and you can read each day by following the link.

http://www.radiotimes.com/content/features/bigbrother/week1/01/

I always like the way she changed from the way she viewed you at first (slight admission, in the same way as I did ) through the weeks
ofni
Posted 31/5/2009 14:21 (#33012 - in reply to #32999)

And did you see one of the other "talking heads" on that programme was Tim Teeman.

Here's what HE said in the Times online on the last day of BB7 .....

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/article611816.ece

Who needs Heat when THE TIMES is on your side?
emptybox
Posted 31/5/2009 15:24 (#33013 - in reply to #32999)

I hear quite a lot was filmed for that but didn't make the final cut, probably the same for all TV shows, but we were confident that Grace Dent would include her favourite.

I was a bit surprised that you weren't featured more, but perhaps CH4 had told Grace that she had to have a low ash content?  

boldjohn
Posted 31/5/2009 17:45 (#33017 - in reply to #33013)

Executive Member

emptybox - 31/5/2009 15:24

I hear quite a lot was filmed for that but didn't make the final cut, probably the same for all TV shows, but we were confident that Grace Dent would include her favourite.

I was a bit surprised that you weren't featured more, but perhaps CH4 had told Grace that she had to have a low ash content?  

I did enjoy the Aisleyne bit, but there was far too much Nikki and Pete for my liking. I also wondered why so much importance was given to the opinions of Heat. Much as I enjoyed reading Grace's views aboutt Aisleyne, during BB7, I gather (from threads on DS) that she has become somewhat less controversial since working for Big Brother.
ofni
Posted 31/5/2009 18:37 (#33018 - in reply to #32999)

I personally think the "Grace has sold out" chorus on DS is way overblown (though I guess others here may not agree with me). After all, for her to say that Ash is her fave HM is hardly consistent with the "received wisdom" about Endemol favourites is it?

Mind you, while I'm in heretical mood, I'd also say that Ash herself should these days be considered an "Endemol insider".
ofni
Posted 31/5/2009 19:58 (#33019 - in reply to #32999)

If you missed this programme last night, or if you want to watch it again, remember it's on again tonight at 10.10pm - on CHANNEL 4 this time.
Julian
Posted 31/5/2009 22:25 (#33022 - in reply to #33018)

Executive Member

ofni - 31/5/2009 18:37

I personally think the "Grace has sold out" chorus on DS is way overblown (though I guess others here may not agree with me). After all, for her to say that Ash is her fave HM is hardly consistent with the "received wisdom" about Endemol favourites is it?

It was sparked off because Grace was hired by Ch4 to comment on the show on the BB website and people, therefore, believed she had lost her independence. I was involved in some of those threads on DS and I completely disagree that her reporting was any less objective than it's ever been.

She wasn't as critical of the show but then I personally felt the show's format was brilliant last year so there was no need to be.

Regards

Julian
ofni
Posted 31/5/2009 22:58 (#33024 - in reply to #32999)

And was that a brand new mis-spelling of her name on the caption = "Aisleynne"?
dannyk
Posted 31/5/2009 23:56 (#33026 - in reply to #32999)

There were quite a few mistakes on the show. Michelle Bass was labelled a BB6 housemate, George Galloway was referred to as a CBB5er and it was also said that he took part in 2007.

I quite enjoyed it overall though. It was nice to see Aisleyne getting the most positive treatment by far. Stuff like that makes me think it's not so bad having Grace working for Channel 4. Her views are exposed to a wider audience. It's only natural that she's going to be slightly more restricted in what she can say, but that's just the nature of any media job, just like she couldn't call Radio Times rubbish when she worked for them!

Edited by dannyk 31/5/2009 23:57
secrethousemate
Posted 1/6/2009 08:57 (#33032 - in reply to #33026)

Grabs of Aisleyne's appearance:

Enjoy
secrethousemate
Posted 13/6/2009 13:46 (#33230 - in reply to #32999)

Report on this TV appearance now added to the TV & Radio section:

http://www.aisleyne.com/tv&radio/tv&radio.asp

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread