You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

GET WELL SOON AISLEYNE!
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Aisleyne -> Aisleyne NewsMessage format

emptybox
Posted 25/5/2009 22:03 (#32931 - in reply to #32853)
Subject: RE: GET WELL SOON AISLEYNE!

Mind you, she does look good on a cab, doesn't she?

"ASHCABS", that could be your next business venture Aisleyne.

Top of the page Bottom of the page
Aisleyne
Posted 25/5/2009 22:46 (#32932 - in reply to #32853)
Subject: Re: GET WELL SOON AISLEYNE!

bunniesfrightenme
Posted 25/5/2009 22:46 (#32933 - in reply to #32853)

Hope you're feeling better Aisleyne!!! Glad you have such wonderful friends to take care of you. Know what you mean about new friends can be just as meaningful as old ones!!!!

I posted those pics of you in NY, I spotted them when I was there, nearly fell off the open top bus with excitement lol

xoxoxoxox
Aisleyne
Posted 26/5/2009 11:17 (#32934 - in reply to #32853)

thank you so much bunnie

guys i am very sad, i read an article about my book launch on the sun online and i cant believe all the evil nasty comments people have left, its really upsetting, why would people be so nasty and what have i done so wrong to have aquired all these haters? out of 40+comments only 2 where good....I know i have 1 sworn enemy, it may even be her under fake names? All i know is that i feel like sh** now.....f*** this world is cruel....i just wanted to get my story out to inspire people....i have had some wonderful messages from people who have read it and some who have said it has helped them.....whats that got to do with wether somone thinks i am ugly or trashy or a-lister or what! I HATe this, its so hard......
boldjohn
Posted 26/5/2009 11:30 (#32935 - in reply to #32934)

Executive Member

Aisleyne - 26/5/2009 11:17

thank you so much bunnie

guys i am very sad, i read an article about my book launch on the sun online and i cant believe all the evil nasty comments people have left, its really upsetting, why would people be so nasty and what have i done so wrong to have aquired all these haters? out of 40+comments only 2 where good....I know i have 1 sworn enemy, it may even be her under fake names? All i know is that i feel like sh** now.....f*** this world is cruel....i just wanted to get my story out to inspire people....i have had some wonderful messages from people who have read it and some who have said it has helped them.....whats that got to do with wether somone thinks i am ugly or trashy or a-lister or what! I HATe this, its so hard......

I would guess that they (or even he or she) are fans of other BB housemates Aisleyne. They are envious of your success and the fact that you finished higher than their favourites. Such sad people. Their opinion in't worth bothering with. You have plenty of loyal fans who saw you as a lovely person in the house and you haven't changes since. I can't speak for all Aisleyne fans, but I personally would not entertain buying the Sun unless you were in it.
secrethousemate
Posted 26/5/2009 13:29 (#32936 - in reply to #32853)

Don't worry about The Sun, Ash. The comments were left by people who've not even read the book, so what would they know, eh? Almost everyone who's read it has said it has helped them or they've enjoyed it in some way. I'd say don't even bother visiting sites like that as they are always full of rent-a-gobs and the like.

Julian
Posted 26/5/2009 13:51 (#32937 - in reply to #32935)

Executive Member

If there's one thing I've learned watching Big Brother, it's that it's very easy for people to be cynical and interpret a person's actions in a way that is completely at odds with the reality of the situation. Sometimes, that cynical way of looking at people reflects more on them than it does on the people they comment on.

We got the name Fakers because a lot of people thought you were being fake on BB, but that was their mistake, not yours.

There are always going to be people who resent ex-BB housemates who are still in the public eye simply because they consider all BB housemates to be desperate wannabees who have achieved celebrity status on false pretences. Personally, I think what you guys have to go through to survive to the end in that house and the kind of person you need to be to secure any kind of widespread popularity in the votes is more than enough validation of your celebrity status!

Then there are people who have issues with the glamour industry, because they feel it's exploitative or degrading. My view is that it doesn't hurt anyone so where's the harm? The way a person treats others is, in my opinion, what makes them a good or bad person. I think when people make hurtful and insulting comments they're behaving far worse than anything they are accusing their subjects of.

Sometimes it's just mob mentality. Trying to achieve status for themselves by joining in with other people tearing someone down.

Really, these are not the sort of people whose opinions you need to worry about!

bradley27
Posted 26/5/2009 16:40 (#32938 - in reply to #32853)

Senate Member

Dont let them get to you. I havent heard one negative comment from anyone who has read it, including people from the press, who would have been dying to be as negative as possible. They would be people who havent read the book and have formed their opinion on their limited knowledge. To be honest, if you look at these types of articles they nearly always get negative comments. ITS NOT YOU. It really isnt. Its never nice to read that stuff when its about yourself, but people, especially when they can be anonimous, will always be like that.
Try to look at it this way, they might criticise something that they havent read but I bet the majority wish they were where you are in life now. I know its not a good day for you with the other news from America and that is truly sad and is obviously making today harder for you. When you think about it in the scheme of things these comments are not much in comparasion to what you have been though in life and you got through them and came out on top.
I know how you feel, I'm the same. If there were 50 people who were asked what they thought of me and 49 said I was great, but 1 said I wasnt, they would be the only one that mattered.
I really wish I could talk to you because I'm better at explaining by talking than I am with writing, but dont let it become too much for you and remember that whilst there may be some people who will criticise whatever, there are also plenty who will support you and protect you. We cant please everyone, but remember what you said only last week about how good your old and new friends were. They are what is important. Always remember that.
sophie
Posted 26/5/2009 18:39 (#32942 - in reply to #32853)

the basterds are just JELOUS and ANNOYING!!!! there just total p***ks and c**ts. they just sit their all day probably posting a load of crap about people cos they aint got no lives! just ignore the little f**kers!
they probably cant stand the fact that your successful and there not..there not worthy in peoples lives
hope ur alright!
bunniesfrightenme
Posted 26/5/2009 19:12 (#32943 - in reply to #32853)

I HATE THE SUN!!!! They wrote a really nasty article about my cousin which was completely untrue, it made front page of the Northern Ireland version of The Sun. It caused a lot of trouble for her when she was dealing with the death of her father (my uncle) and was not what our family needed. So I would never EVER read the Sun or go on their website to generate sales or web views for them.

When the false story about my cousin went online, apparently people started commenting on it too, writing "oh thats just typical of her" and this was people who did not know my cousin!!!! People who read The Sun online and write comments are people who have nothing else to do!!!!! And no lives of their own!!!!!!

Don't feel bullied or anything Aisleyne .... the people who wrote those comments probably went on to the next story and wrote horrible comments below it too!! I bet if there was a story about Brad + Jen helping war victims, these people would write horrid things about them too!!!

They are JEALOUS and INSECURE and only make themselves feel good by writing nasty things about other people. They probably hate themselves so much that they cant wish well on to other people.

We all love you Aisleyne!!! Dont worry about those losers!!!!
emptybox
Posted 26/5/2009 19:58 (#32946 - in reply to #32853)

I wouldn't waste a single thought about about idiotic comments on the internet Ash.

You've done your best to get the book out there, and everyone who has actually read it has praised it. Even those who don't normally support you have had to admit that it was a worthwhile read, so that's as much as you can possibly do.

There'll always be people willing to make negative comments no matter what you do, so pay them no heed.

mich007
Posted 26/5/2009 21:23 (#32948 - in reply to #32934)

thank you so much bunnie

Aisleyne it is a great book it really is.

Sometimes you put on a brave face like you're tough but I suspect that really deep down it gets to you. I don't think the comments are fair, but the problem is that ex-big brother housemates are not respected. Unfortunately people feel obliged to knock them. The press do it all the time.....

RESIST READING REVIEWS ETC....

If it upsets you Ash it is not good.

One thing that is considered very important in the world of celebrity is IMAGE.

Ash some people can't see passed image. Glamour stuff is and will always be frowned upon and trashed. If you choose to go in this industry unfortunately the blacklash goes with the territory. I am not saying the backlash is acceptable but this is what people do.

Generally certain quarters of the press did mock the launch, I think certain pictures that appeared from your night out 2 nights in a row didn't help. Hope you don't think I am being harsh but it is the image thing again. No doubt your book is really important to you perhaps if you portrayed a different image and left a certain person off the guest list (someone who is always trashed) things may have turned out better.

Anything to do with glamour /altering your body will attract criticism. X big brother housemates are considered easy targets. Personally if you asked my advice I would tell you to move away from glamour and concentrate on your clothing range. But it is not my place and it is up to you.

You just have to be thicked skinned Ash. Also think about what is important to you. How do you want to be portrayed? Do you want to be taken seriously?? For what it is worth I think some quarters of the press want to be on your side, but certain pap pictures don't help.

To be honest whatever you do you are going to be knocked but sometimes if we do things differently the backlash will be less.

I have a feeling they will be talking about you again soon, not sure what your plan of action is but I hope you are equipped to deal with what might come.

I do think there are some haters who never liked you in the house and are angry that you are still being mentioned in the press. They don't like the fact that you are still getting opportunities. At the same time I think that there is a whole new potential audience that may want to embrace you but make or break could depend on the way you present yourself. You have been called all sorts of names in the press this has built up an image in some peoples minds.

I will say it again Ash the book is great but if people can't get pass your image you will continue to have comments like that. It is a tough call.....

On the bright side how many people read the Sun what's 40 comments in comparison to the number of people who read the paper.

Also so-called A-listers get trashed as well, so you are not alone.

I hope I've given you food for thought

Chin up.....

I wish you well

Edited by mich007 26/5/2009 21:47
dannyk
Posted 26/5/2009 21:28 (#32949 - in reply to #32853)

Aisleyne, comments sections pretty much invite negativity no matter what the subject is. If people think positively about something they're far less likely to use the service, but those that have something bad to say usually can't wait to tell anyone who'll listen. Try not to take it personally and instead just focus on all of the positivity you've received.

I finished the book on Sunday, had been planning to savour it and read even more slowly but it ended up being too much of a page-turner for me to put down. I loved the insight it gave to your life but also the inspirational messages within it. A lot of thought, emotion and hard work obviously went into it and I'll definitely be reading again.
emptybox
Posted 26/5/2009 22:55 (#32951 - in reply to #32853)

After Ash posted this morning, she returned to hospital for a check-up and some further planned treatment.

She's now back home again and making good progress.

bradley27
Posted 26/5/2009 23:58 (#32953 - in reply to #32951)

Senate Member

emptybox - 26/5/2009 22:55

After Ash posted this morning, she returned to hospital for a check-up and some further planned treatment.

She's now back home again and making good progress.

Thanks for the update emptybox.

oh dear, well at least shes home now. Rest up Ash and just try to focus on all the positives you have. I know thats easy to say (and is something I never do myself), but try to. Hope you feel better very soon, and Suz sends her best as well
boldjohn
Posted 27/5/2009 01:57 (#32954 - in reply to #32942)

Executive Member

sophie - 26/5/2009 18:39

the basterds are just JELOUS and ANNOYING!!!! there just total p***ks and c**ts. they just sit their all day probably posting a load of crap about people cos they aint got no lives! just ignore the little f**kers!
they probably cant stand the fact that your successful and there not..there not worthy in peoples lives
hope ur alright!

Well said Soph
mich007
Posted 27/5/2009 06:37 (#32955 - in reply to #32934)

thank you so much bunnie

guys i am very sad, i read an article about my book launch on the sun online and i cant believe all the evil nasty comments people have left, its really upsetting, why would people be so nasty and what have i done so wrong to have aquired all these haters? out of 40+comments only 2 where good....I know i have 1 sworn enemy, it may even be her under fake names? All i know is that i feel like sh** now.....f*** this world is cruel....i just wanted to get my story out to inspire people....i have had some wonderful messages from people who have read it and some who have said it has helped them.....whats that got to do with wether somone thinks i am ugly or trashy or a-lister or what! I HATe this, its so hard...... :unhappy:

Focus on the good comments.  That alone will tell you that you have achieved what you set out to do.  The image that is built up in the press of someone can make or break them.  It is so powerful that can determine your level of success and whether people give you a look in.  I think getting people to buy a biography is difficult people have to be interested in the life of the subject, again image plays a part. People who have negative pre-conceptions about you may not pick up the book not matter how great it is.  Ex- Big Brother contestants have to work so much harder to gain acceptance especially if you want to be taken seriously.   Not sure how your book is doing but I hope if you go ahead with a TV drama, it will help to push a good few more copies.  It could work but again it is a gamble.

Have a good day. 

Edited by mich007 27/5/2009 06:43
Aisleyne
Posted 29/5/2009 13:54 (#32967 - in reply to #32853)

WOWOWOWOOWOWOWOOW!!!!!

What a lot of wonderful replies! I have read them all and feel on top of the world!

Thank you just doesnt quite cut it in this case. But Thank you all the same.

The Sun online have been extreemly supportive of me, I cant complain about them at all. It was the comments left after the article by the 'public' that upset me, but I guess I was feeling over sensitive because of other personal things too.

But look at the wonderful support I have from you guys! And I accepted 4000 ne fb friends and they have all left wonderful messages too, so I cant be that bad...

Guys life is precious, please live everyday with love in your hearts.,....

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
ofni
Posted 29/5/2009 14:23 (#32970 - in reply to #32853)

Hi Aisleyne, hope you are feeling better today - in all departments!
Aisleyne
Posted 29/5/2009 14:24 (#32971 - in reply to #32853)

lol, getting there love xx
ofni
Posted 29/5/2009 14:33 (#32973 - in reply to #32853)

Fixed up, lookin' sharp huh?
Aisleyne
Posted 29/5/2009 14:47 (#32974 - in reply to #32853)

not yet!
secrethousemate
Posted 29/5/2009 15:18 (#32976 - in reply to #32853)

Have patience Ash as I'm sure you'll stop hurting real soon. I don't know what I'm talking about as I've never undergone anything like this myself LOL.
emptybox
Posted 29/5/2009 23:33 (#32987 - in reply to #32853)

Glad you're back to top form in mind, if not quite yet in body.

But you'll get there.

I was one of the FB bods that you accepted today, so I'll have to see about leaving you a message over there.

Edited by emptybox 29/5/2009 23:35
Saj
Posted 31/5/2009 22:43 (#33023 - in reply to #32853)

Hi Ash

Just keep doing well and ignore what they say. Every time you read a negative comment just think for every one person who does dislike you, you have a fan. And its very easy to be negative behind a computer screen, but I bet if they met you in the street they would be asking for an autograph and picture and telling you how much they love you. Such is the way of the British culture, so try your best to laugh it off. Remember all that really matters is what those close to you and your fans think. Just laugh at the people who write negative comments because to write such comments in the first place they are pathetic and pathetic people should be laughed at and they will never achieve half of what you have already

Edited by Saj 31/5/2009 22:45
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread