You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

The Pepsi Max Big One - Please Sponser me for Brain Tumour UK!!
[Frozen]

Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
Frozen    General -> Chill OutMessage format

bengos
Posted 1/10/2007 23:42 (#23972 - in reply to #22884)
Subject: Re: The Pepsi Max Big One - Please Sponser me for Brain Tumour UK!!

Executive Member

Hi everyone

I wont be apologising for not underplaying this post.

What Becki did today was amazing and inspirational. I went on it a few times (9 I think), and I know what an ordeal that ride is. To see someone, even after 6 hours and 30 rides, running and jumping barriers just to get a couple more in before it closed was inspiring.

Becki, you're an amazing person - what you did today shows how selfless you are and countless people will benefit from your determination to succeed.

I had an amazing weekend, i'm proud to call you my best, closest, and most loyal friend, and i'm proud of what you achieved today. I know Lisa is too. Well done!

Rich
xx

Top of the page Bottom of the page
boldjohn
Posted 2/10/2007 00:05 (#23974 - in reply to #22884)
Subject: RE: The Pepsi Max Big One - Please Sponser me for Brain Tumour UK!!

Executive Member

I have to say first of all well done to Becki. Good to hear you've come through this with your intestines intact. I must admit I was a little concerned. That's because the sight of those things makes me want to throw up. Well done also to Bengos for plugging the event so much across the Aisleyne community and for his generous personal giving to BTUK.
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/10/2007 18:01 (#24000 - in reply to #22884)

Senate Member

Well Done Becki! your a *star*
36 times, thats alot! how much have you raised so far?
bengos
Posted 2/10/2007 19:59 (#24002 - in reply to #22884)

Executive Member

The total is officially at £705.41 but there's still some cash donations to add yet.

Becki's done so well, it's amazing really - this is the 2nd highest amount ever raised by one event for BTUK!! I can't put into words how proud we all are!

Just to let you know a small selection of pics of "Big One weekend" are now on my myspace in the pics section at http://www.myspace.com/bengos for a few days before my profile returns to private.

Well done again to Becki - fantastic achievement! It's still not too late to donate, visit http://www.beckidoesthebigone.co.uk

Edited by bengos 2/10/2007 20:01
becki
Posted 2/10/2007 20:04 (#24003 - in reply to #22884)

Executive Member

Thankyou sooooo much everyone. All your nice comments mean a lot to me.
A massive thanks to everyone who donated aswell...your stars!! wooooooooooooo lol!!
I had a brilliant weekend.... I've raised £705.41 so far, with more to come!! xxxx
PrincessRachel
Posted 2/10/2007 20:19 (#24004 - in reply to #22884)

Senate Member

well done Becki, I wonder if you can manage to get the highest ever lol, 2nd highest is fantastic!
bradley27
Posted 2/10/2007 22:06 (#24007 - in reply to #22884)

Senate Member

congrats Becki on your achievement. Its quite a figure and from a purely selfish point of view makes me feel a little proud of my small contribution at the beginning in helping you get the whole thing off the ground. I know I couldnt have done The Big One once, but I'm glad I was able to help.

Edited by bradley27 2/10/2007 22:12
bengos
Posted 2/10/2007 23:25 (#24012 - in reply to #24007)

Executive Member

bradley27 - 2/10/2007 22:06

congrats Becki on your achievement. Its quite a figure and from a purely selfish point of view makes me feel a little proud of my small contribution at the beginning in helping you get the whole thing off the ground. I know I couldnt have done The Big One once, but I'm glad I was able to help.

LOL - from what i understand bradley27, your only contribution to Becki's magnificent achievement was to suggest she do a parachute jump and then called her chicken for not going with your suggestion! Becki's always wanted to do something for BTUK, and is the only person who deserves credit. Many people have helped her along the way, and none have boasted about it here, let alone those who didn't actually help at all!
bengos
Posted 2/10/2007 23:27 (#24013 - in reply to #24004)

Executive Member

PrincessRachel - 2/10/2007 20:19

well done Becki, I wonder if you can manage to get the highest ever lol, 2nd highest is fantastic!

Well said Rachel - it's brilliant!

It might be tough for Becks to beat the total raised by the 10k run, as so many people took part for BTUK, but that shouldn't take anything away from what Becki did yesterday. I know, cos I was there - inspirational!!
Julian
Posted 3/10/2007 00:14 (#24017 - in reply to #24012)

Executive Member

I'm sure all contributions, in whatever capacity, are greatly appreciated

Congratulations Becki

Regards

Julian
bradley27
Posted 3/10/2007 07:32 (#24019 - in reply to #24012)

Senate Member

bengos - 2/10/2007 23:25

bradley27 - 2/10/2007 22:06

LOL - from what i understand bradley27, your only contribution to Becki's magnificent achievement was to suggest she do a parachute jump and then called her chicken for not going with your suggestion! Becki's always wanted to do something for BTUK, and is the only person who deserves credit. Many people have helped her along the way, and none have boasted about it here, let alone those who didn't actually help at all!

well in that case you understand wrong then. But just for your info, it was my idea to do the Big One in the first place, it was me who found the info and who she needed to contact and who Becki spoke to about why she hadnt received replies from them yet. Yes I did also suggest a parachute jump but that was one of many things. I even suggested that if she did the jump she could ask people to sponsor her with a pledge that they would double it if the chute didnt open. Of course that was a joke but no doubt you will claim I was being serious.

I didnt make a big fuss of this and I quite clearly stated that this was a very small contribution on my part, but it was a contribution and it help get the whole thing off the ground. It seems you are making it into a big deal and interfering again.

Edited by bradley27 3/10/2007 07:45
premierscfc
Posted 3/10/2007 08:23 (#24022 - in reply to #22884)
Subject: RE: The Pepsi Max Big One - Please Sponser me for Brain Tumour UK!!

If anyone wants to donate then visit http://www.beckidoesthebigone.co.uk/

The thread is now closed.
Jump to page : 1 2
Now viewing page 2 [25 messages per page]
Frozen
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread