You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forum

Lisa Connell's Rent A Date
Moderators: Admin, Moderators

Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   General -> Chill OutMessage format

becki
Posted 1/10/2007 22:12 (#23965 - in reply to #20066)
Subject: Re: Lisa Connell's Rent A Date

Executive Member

Lisas website launched today.
http://www.rentadateforcharity.com/
Its soooooo good!! I love it. Please check it out....wooooooooo.
Lisas worked sooo hard on that website. Its fab....just like Lisa. xxxx

Edited by becki 1/10/2007 22:25
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sophie
Posted 1/10/2007 22:20 (#23966 - in reply to #20066)

the site is brill really good nice work lisa xxxx
bengos
Posted 2/10/2007 00:31 (#23976 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

It's great to see the site launching - the auction sections are ded snazzy - I hope its a great success, Lisa deserves that!

The FAQ is particularly well written, right Becki?
becki
Posted 2/10/2007 00:34 (#23978 - in reply to #23976)

Executive Member

bengos - 2/10/2007 00:31

It's great to see the site launching - the auction sections are ded snazzy - I hope its a great success, Lisa deserves that!

The FAQ is particularly well written, right Becki?

Damn right!! lol.
I have so much respect for Lisa.
I know i keep posting about it....but Lisa deserves our support. Shes such a brilliant person and i wish her all the best with Rent a Date for charity. I know its gonna do really well. Its a brilliant idea and Lisa should be so proud of herself, all the hard work and effort shes put into it.xxxx
becki
Posted 2/10/2007 15:09 (#23988 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

Lisas in Look magazine this week.
Its a double page spread....theres a lovely pic of Lisa. She talks about her journey from august 2006 since the diagnosis. The story is really touching and it shows what an inspiration Lisa really is.xxxx
bengos
Posted 2/10/2007 15:31 (#23989 - in reply to #23988)

Executive Member

becki - 2/10/2007 15:09

Lisas in Look magazine this week.
Its a double page spread....theres a lovely pic of Lisa. She talks about her journey from august 2006 since the diagnosis. The story is really touching and it shows what an inspiration Lisa really is.xxxx

Thanks so much for that Becks - I will get my copy tomorrow!!

It's great that Lisa is getting so much publicity for the cause - hopefully there'll be more magazine and TV stuff soon!
bengos
Posted 4/10/2007 14:05 (#24061 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

Just bought my copy of "Look" - it's a heartbreaking story to read in print. :(
becki
Posted 4/10/2007 16:38 (#24066 - in reply to #24061)

Executive Member

bengos - 4/10/2007 14:05

Yeah, it really is heartbreaking.
Lisas been through a lot, but shes a strong, amazing person and i really think the world of her. Brain Tumour UK has had loads of publicity because of Lisa, and thats something to be so proud of. She's doing a great job raising awareness and money for the charity....what a brilliant achievement for a brilliant women.xxxx
bengos
Posted 4/10/2007 20:00 (#24074 - in reply to #24066)

Executive Member

becki - 4/10/2007 16:38

bengos - 4/10/2007 14:05

Yeah, it really is heartbreaking.
Lisas been through a lot, but shes a strong, amazing person and i really think the world of her. Brain Tumour UK has had loads of publicity because of Lisa, and thats something to be so proud of. She's doing a great job raising awareness and money for the charity....what a brilliant achievement for a brilliant women.xxxx

I couldnt have put it any better myself, Becks.

She really is inspirational. I can't imagine what all this is like to live with for her, but whenever I see her she's determined, and laughing and smiling. I don't know how I could cope and it's amazing that she does!
harvestgoddess
Posted 5/10/2007 19:15 (#24086 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

Well having lived with someone who had a brain tumour i can assure you its very difficult indeed its not like something which affects a leg or arm it affects your head in such a way that it alters your behaviour dramatically course this all depends on the location of the brain tumour as to its effect sometimes you will lose your ability to talk entirely or your eyesight i know of a 10 year old boy called ben who lost his eyesight and died a short while before my dad did very very brave boy and very sad too :(
It also has a huge impact on the family from our point of view we didnt find out untill late on that he had one he would lose his temper at the smallest things and bellow and its hard cause its only now you look back and can understand why he was like that but at the time we didnt know just put it down to tempory madness on his part :D
It wasnt untill one weekend id spent with them as i arrived back home i got a call saying he had , had a sezure and thats when they found the tumour and unfortunatly it wasnt benign but inoperable and the size of a golf ball all i can say was he was brave right till the very end and never ever lost his sense of humour and i with all this wonder praise in this thread i cannot let the oppotunity go by without prasing him he never lost his sense of fun and enjoyed many a time flirting with the care nurses at our home and trying to convince them my mother was both a lush and a drunk :D
Which thankgod she took in good humour also there are a huge amount of people with brain tumours from the very young to the very old and its awfull its great there are so many of you here that care deeply about this .
I think if my dad was going to suggest to me some way of raising funds he would probably suggest a knees up at the local pub and see how many pints i could down LOL now theres a thought !
But i dont think even i could manage that so maybe i will have to consider a date with lisa :D
boldjohn
Posted 7/10/2007 19:57 (#24123 - in reply to #24086)

Executive Member

harvestgoddess - 5/10/2007 19:15

Well having lived with someone who had a brain tumour i can assure you its very difficult indeed its not like something which affects a leg or arm it affects your head in such a way that it alters your behaviour dramatically course this all depends on the location of the brain tumour as to its effect sometimes you will lose your ability to talk entirely or your eyesight i know of a 10 year old boy called ben who lost his eyesight and died a short while before my dad did very very brave boy and very sad too :(
It also has a huge impact on the family from our point of view we didnt find out untill late on that he had one he would lose his temper at the smallest things and bellow and its hard cause its only now you look back and can understand why he was like that but at the time we didnt know just put it down to tempory madness on his part :D
It wasnt untill one weekend id spent with them as i arrived back home i got a call saying he had , had a sezure and thats when they found the tumour and unfortunatly it wasnt benign but inoperable and the size of a golf ball all i can say was he was brave right till the very end and never ever lost his sense of humour and i with all this wonder praise in this thread i cannot let the oppotunity go by without prasing him he never lost his sense of fun and enjoyed many a time flirting with the care nurses at our home and trying to convince them my mother was both a lush and a drunk :D
Which thankgod she took in good humour also there are a huge amount of people with brain tumours from the very young to the very old and its awfull its great there are so many of you here that care deeply about this .
I think if my dad was going to suggest to me some way of raising funds he would probably suggest a knees up at the local pub and see how many pints i could down LOL now theres a thought !
But i dont think even i could manage that so maybe i will have to consider a date with lisa :D

Thanks for that post harvie. I hope it wasn't too painful for you. I always feel uncomfortable when the subject of life threatening illness crops up. It scares the hell out of me. When my parents became terminally ill, my way of dealing with it was to shut it out. They were both brave and accepted their fate. Having been fortunate with my health, I complain about the slightest discomfort. People like Lisa, my parents, harvie's Dad and the 10 year old little boy make me stop and examine my behavour. They make me realise how lucky I am.

I have read all the pieces about Lisa and heard all of her broadcasts. It's good to see her getting high profie media attention for her cause. It's also good to see other celebrities following in Aisleyne's footsteps to support her. As others have said, Lisa is an inspiration to us all. Instead of worrying about her uncertain fate, she is living her life to the full, and doing something positive in the best way possible.

Edited by boldjohn 7/10/2007 20:07
harvestgoddess
Posted 8/10/2007 11:26 (#24140 - in reply to #20066)
Subject: RE: Lisa Connell's Rent A Date

Executive Member

No i was glad to get the chance to make it boldjohn , im sorry to hear about your parents
And im exactly the same when it comes to being ill im dramtic at the best of times but like you when i take time out to think about it and reflect i realise just how lucky iam
And whilst its truly incredible all the things people like lisa and many others manage to achchieve whilst being so ill i think its just as incredible the people who maybe havent campaigned or raised money but have spent what time they have left with the people who love them i do sometimes feel their is a pressure that if maybe you are terminally ill and dont go out and raise funds or heavens forbid die that you are classed as not having fought hard enough or giving up which is absurd most of us dont ever have to contend with being so ill and still dont do so much even in good health
So i think credit must go to all who bravely deal with what is a living nightmare weather you choose to get out there and help others or spend your time with the ones you love
bengos
Posted 8/10/2007 13:18 (#24146 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

Lisa and rentadate get a full page article in The Sun today!!

Scan/link to follow later.

It's great that newspapers and mags are writing about Lisa's incredible story and raising even more awareness for BTUK and rentadate.
bengos
Posted 8/10/2007 13:48 (#24149 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

Here's the link to the online version of the full article!

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/article281411.ece
emptybox
Posted 8/10/2007 13:56 (#24151 - in reply to #24149)

bengos - 8/10/2007 13:48 Here's the link to the online version of the full article! http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/woman/article281411.ece

That's a good article and a nice pic of Lisa.

becki
Posted 8/10/2007 19:34 (#24160 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

Thats ace news!!! Thanks Rich!! Wooooooo go Lisa!!
I'm soooo pleased for her!! She's getting so much publicity for Brain Tumour UK.
Lisa's so ace....she's helping so many people. Rent a date for charity was a fab idea......the press obviously agree!!
I believe in Lisa....if that makes sense....i know she's gonna raise the 1 million pounds she wants to raise.xxxx
bengos
Posted 8/10/2007 20:07 (#24162 - in reply to #20066)

Executive Member

A national newspaper and a popular glossy mag in one week, now thats brilliant. Lisas been in all of the local papers aswell....how ace is that?

So much awareness is being raised, she really is an inspiration to all.
sophie
Posted 8/10/2007 20:20 (#24164 - in reply to #20066)

thats a brill article, the publicity is great, its creating alot of awareness which is great
boldjohn
Posted 10/10/2007 21:46 (#24246 - in reply to #24140)

Executive Member

harvestgoddess - 8/10/2007 11:26

No i was glad to get the chance to make it boldjohn , im sorry to hear about your parents
And im exactly the same when it comes to being ill im dramtic at the best of times but like you when i take time out to think about it and reflect i realise just how lucky iam
And whilst its truly incredible all the things people like lisa and many others manage to achchieve whilst being so ill i think its just as incredible the people who maybe havent campaigned or raised money but have spent what time they have left with the people who love them i do sometimes feel their is a pressure that if maybe you are terminally ill and dont go out and raise funds or heavens forbid die that you are classed as not having fought hard enough or giving up which is absurd most of us dont ever have to contend with being so ill and still dont do so much even in good health
So i think credit must go to all who bravely deal with what is a living nightmare weather you choose to get out there and help others or spend your time with the ones you love

Well said harvie
All due respect to Lisa and other brave sufferers like her.
Jump to page : 1 2 3
Now viewing page 3 [25 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread