Speaking to Ais
bradley27
Posted 8/3/2007 19:46 (#6915)
Subject: Speaking to Ais

Senate Member

I just wanted to say that I rang Ais at the end of the show because I wanted her to know what everyone had written about her in the chatroom. Her first words before I was able to say anything were "How was I?" So I just read her all the comments and its safe to say she was really stoked. Its good to hear when you think someone is all confident etc, and yet she is someone who is just as nervous as some who get nervous ringing her. It was a real shot in her arm when she heard all the comments as she was all alone but we agreed that maybe thats what she needed. Without PD she couldnt rely on him and therefore just got down to it.
I thought she was great, but I always do. Still I did tell her that if she is serious about her swear box, she better start saving up and after last week, she could have solved world poverty.
She also mentioned that last week was hard because of Keiton and I said most thought it was because of that and understood completely, even if it was funny to hear her get drunker by the minute.
By the time I said bye she was so thrilled (of course she was talking to me.... yeah right) about how it went and what everyone had said in the chatroom.

I thought you'd all like to know
Top of the page Bottom of the page
kowalski
Posted 8/3/2007 19:51 (#6918 - in reply to #6915)
Subject: Re: Speaking to Ais

Senate Member

Great stuff bradley .

Does she know about the humming/sound probs ? I assume this isn't Ash's fault, but this is a problem that many complain about .

k

Odm
Posted 8/3/2007 19:55 (#6920 - in reply to #6915)
Subject: RE: Speaking to Ais

bradley27 - 8/3/2007 19:46

I just wanted to say that I rang Ais at the end of the show because I wanted her to know what everyone had written about her in the chatroom. Her first words before I was able to say anything were "How was I?" So I just read her all the comments and its safe to say she was really stoked. Its good to hear when you think someone is all confident etc, and yet she is someone who is just as nervous as some who get nervous ringing her. It was a real shot in her arm when she heard all the comments as she was all alone but we agreed that maybe thats what she needed. Without PD she couldnt rely on him and therefore just got down to it.
I thought she was great, but I always do. Still I did tell her that if she is serious about her swear box, she better start saving up and after last week, she could have solved world poverty.
She also mentioned that last week was hard because of Keiton and I said most thought it was because of that and understood completely, even if it was funny to hear her get drunker by the minute.
By the time I said bye she was so thrilled (of course she was talking to me.... yeah right) about how it went and what everyone had said in the chatroom.

Delighted Bradley that you wrote this post. Thank you for letting us all know....she has been very open with you about her feelings last week too. It is very hard to get over children losing their life..and the cause was obviously important to her.

As Ais becomes confident its true to say that listeners can take it for granted that perhaps she is,nt nervous. Clearly she is as she is wondering what our take on the show is. Once again Brad thanx for the info. xx
becki
Posted 8/3/2007 19:57 (#6922 - in reply to #6915)

Executive Member

Thanks for that Bradders.
Your a star xxxx
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 8/3/2007 20:01 (#6928 - in reply to #6915)

You must have just followed me then, bradley. She had to rush off to let in DJ Extra who was late
emptybox
Posted 8/3/2007 20:03 (#6931 - in reply to #6915)

Thanks Bradley.
That sounds like a great phonecall.
bengos
Posted 8/3/2007 20:10 (#6933 - in reply to #6915)

Executive Member

Well done, Bradley - top man!!
bradley27
Posted 8/3/2007 20:12 (#6935 - in reply to #6918)

Senate Member

kowalski - 8/3/2007 19:51

Great stuff bradley .

Does she know about the humming/sound probs ? I assume this isn't Ash's fault, but this is a problem that many complain about .

k

cant mention everything
dannyk
Posted 8/3/2007 20:37 (#6945 - in reply to #6915)

Thanks for that, Bradley. I thought that Ash was brilliant tonight and it's great that she got to hear the positive comments.
bradley27
Posted 8/3/2007 21:20 (#6968 - in reply to #6920)

Senate Member

Odm - 8/3/2007 19:55

bradley27 - 8/3/2007 19:46

Delighted Bradley that you wrote this post. Thank you for letting us all know....she has been very open with you about her feelings last week too. It is very hard to get over children losing their life..and the cause was obviously important to her.

As Ais becomes confident its true to say that listeners can take it for granted that perhaps she is,nt nervous. Clearly she is as she is wondering what our take on the show is. Once again Brad thanx for the info. xx

I think it was a big thing for her today as it was just her and she was without her safety net and she thrived, but she was worried that she hadnt. So it was great to put her right
bradley27
Posted 8/3/2007 21:21 (#6970 - in reply to #6933)

Senate Member

bengos - 8/3/2007 20:10

Well done, Bradley - top man!!

it was good to feel that I had made her realise just what everyone thought on today's show.

But I agree I am definately the very toppest man
bradley27
Posted 8/3/2007 21:25 (#6972 - in reply to #6945)

Senate Member

dannyk - 8/3/2007 20:37

Thanks for that, Bradley. I thought that Ash was brilliant tonight and it's great that she got to hear the positive comments.

well I can safely say she knows that you think that, as I remember reading your comment to her and laughing that it was better than the previous week.
dannyk
Posted 8/3/2007 21:28 (#6973 - in reply to #6972)

bradley27 - 8/3/2007 21:25

well I can safely say she knows that you think that, as I remember reading your comment to her and laughing that it was better than the previous week.

I hope Ash didn't mind that I kept it real.
bradley27
Posted 8/3/2007 22:41 (#7019 - in reply to #6973)

Senate Member

dannyk - 8/3/2007 21:28

no she didnt, I think she knows she wasnt perfect to say the least. But seriously thats what she wants. Its important to her that people offer honest opinions and it helps. Just saying Ais you were perfect, etc, doesnt help her and it also means that she wouldnt be certain when people praise her
bradley27
Posted 8/3/2007 22:43 (#7020 - in reply to #6915)

Senate Member

I forgot to say I also told her what Michelle Bass on the Charlotte Church blog, and she found that very funny.
remaha
Posted 8/3/2007 22:53 (#7024 - in reply to #6915)

Executive Member

Hey Bradley, that was a very thoughtful thing you did there. Ash deserves all the praise that has been heaped on her tonight and I hope she draws some confidence from it.
Mzstake
Posted 8/3/2007 22:58 (#7026 - in reply to #6915)

Thats is really nice of you Bradley. Ash did really well this week and hopefully it will give her confidence. l was hoping to phone her this week but what with the compt crashing and chat room freezing it didn't happen. Looking forward to next time already
becki
Posted 8/3/2007 23:14 (#7028 - in reply to #6915)

Executive Member

That was so nice Bradley.
Aisleyne did amazing tonight, this was the best show, and she was on her own, which shows she is fab. Shes a natural xxxx
dannyk
Posted 8/3/2007 23:18 (#7032 - in reply to #7019)

bradley27 - 8/3/2007 22:41

dannyk - 8/3/2007 21:28

no she didnt, I think she knows she wasnt perfect to say the least. But seriously thats what she wants. Its important to her that people offer honest opinions and it helps. Just saying Ais you were perfect, etc, doesnt help her and it also means that she wouldnt be certain when people praise her

Ah thanks Bradley. I was feeling a little guilty after reading your post but feel better now. I did say in my post at the weekend that Ash had the talent to go far with this, and she proved that more than ever tonight.
becki
Posted 8/3/2007 23:20 (#7033 - in reply to #6915)

Executive Member

Exactly Danny, Ash is so talented, shes a star xxxx
sophie
Posted 9/3/2007 09:25 (#7067 - in reply to #6915)

i spoke to her i asked her about blackpool for me and becki..so she said i have to send her info on myspace..so i have lol.. it was nice speaking to her and im glad she got my present
becki
Posted 10/3/2007 13:22 (#7198 - in reply to #7067)

Executive Member

sophie - 9/3/2007 09:25

i spoke to her i asked her about blackpool for me and becki..so she said i have to send her info on myspace..so i have lol.. it was nice speaking to her and im glad she got my present

Thanks for asking her hunni
And i'm glad she got your prezzie too Love ya xxxx
Mzstake
Posted 10/4/2007 11:36 (#10319 - in reply to #6915)

Hi everyone, I had a lovely conversation with Ash, last week (show 8). I phoned in just to say hi to the chatroom people and send some messages of goodwill but Ash chatted to me for ages whilst a track was playing and then PD did a radio ad and some chatting.

Ash is a natural, she managed to get a lot of information from me about myself, l had been to the hospt that day and didn't phone for that reason but she pushed in a nice way until l told her why and how l was doing. Then she was so supportive and just lovely.

I didn't think my estimation of Ash could go any higher as l have always thought she is great but it has.

Thanks Ash for your positive and lovely outlook.

Edited by Mzstake 10/4/2007 11:37
maringo
Posted 10/4/2007 11:43 (#10321 - in reply to #6915)

After reading that, I think I might phone her up on the show. If OA doesn't chain me to the live update thread again, that is.
Mzstake
Posted 10/4/2007 12:29 (#10325 - in reply to #6915)

You should, it gives you a real feel good feeling. i have spoken to Ash before on air but this time was special. Ash has a way of putting you at ease and getting information from you in a gentle way. Aww Bless her
boldjohn
Posted 10/4/2007 13:22 (#10327 - in reply to #10319)

Executive Member

Mzstake - 10/4/2007 11:36

Hi everyone, I had a lovely conversation with Ash, last week (show 8). I phoned in just to say hi to the chatroom people and send some messages of goodwill but Ash chatted to me for ages whilst a track was playing and then PD did a radio ad and some chatting.

Ash is a natural, she managed to get a lot of information from me about myself, l had been to the hospt that day and didn't phone for that reason but she pushed in a nice way until l told her why and how l was doing. Then she was so supportive and just lovely.

I didn't think my estimation of Ash could go any higher as l have always thought she is great but it has.

Thanks Ash for your positive and lovely outlook.

I enjoyed your call last week Mzstake.
Ash chatted to you off air????????
The line will be jammed with callers this week.

I'm going to phone up this week. I nearly phoned up towards the end of last week's show when she was asking for callers. I couldn't find the number at the time. I think it was Bradley came on with his usual banter and I thought I needn't bother. If was was to request a long track, like Stairway to Heaven or Bat Out of Hell, I'd have a longer chat with Ashaleeeeen. I'll be ready this time ..... or next time.