Radio Show - constructive criticism
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 10:44 (#2005)
Subject: Radio Show - constructive criticism

Executive Member

I have now listened to premierscfc's recording of Ash's first radio show and thouroughly enjoyed it. It must have been really nerve-wracking for Ash but I think she showed great promise.

The following comments are offered as constructive criticism and I hope if Ash reads them that she understands that.

First off, Ash, I think you should ditch the "radio voice" and just be yourself. In fact, now I think about it, you did ditch the radio voice once you got into it and relaxed a bit.

Secondly Ash, you should try not to interrupt the records so much. I suspect you've already been told off for this by the producer, so I won't harp on about it! 

Thirdly, whilst it's great having an interactive show, you shouldn't rely on it so much. For example, if you have Imogen on next week, you should have some questions to ask her already prepared.

Fourthly, my favourite bits were the ones where you told us snippets of information about yourself. You have to understand that the life of a celebrity is of great interest to those of us who are not in that position. It doesn't have to be stuff that would make the gossip columns. Even the smallest bits of information that give an insight into your life can be interesting.

I can't stress enough though Ash how proud I was of you. I will definitely be listening next week and may even call you up during the show, assuming I can get through!

Edit: Now I think about it, I probably should have posted this on a different board. If the Mods agree, I'm sure they'll move it.

Further edit: Eeeek, I've just realised that this shows on the website because it is the top post in the News section!!! Please save my blushes mods by moving it for me to the General Comments board.

Edited by remaha 2/2/2007 10:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 11:05 (#2009 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Radio Show - constructive criticism

Executive Member

Phew

Thanks for moving the thread.

Saj
Posted 2/2/2007 11:08 (#2010 - in reply to #2009)
Subject: Re: Radio Show - constructive criticism

how did you listen to the recording? I want to listen to it again
I think Ash did very well, bit nervous at the start but she did well and I like how she didn't make it all formal and it was like she was just having a chat with us
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 11:17 (#2011 - in reply to #2010)

Executive Member

Saj - 2/2/2007 11:08 how did you listen to the recording? I want to listen to it again I think Ash did very well, bit nervous at the start but she did well and I like how she didn't make it all formal and it was like she was just having a chat with us

I've PM'd you cos I'm not sure whether I'm allowed to post the link here. :ninja

secrethousemate
Posted 2/2/2007 11:40 (#2013 - in reply to #2011)

I think she was interrupting songs because questions or comments were appearing on the chat screen and disappearing just as quickly. What she needs is an assistant or producer to organise the best questions into some order and let her answer them between tracks. Also callers were coming straight through to the studio so Ash was stopping tracks to let them speak!

All in all, a great first effort and things will only get better in future
becki
Posted 2/2/2007 12:18 (#2019 - in reply to #2013)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 2/2/2007 11:40

I think she was interrupting songs because questions or comments were appearing on the chat screen and disappearing just as quickly. What she needs is an assistant or producer to organise the best questions into some order and let her answer them between tracks. Also callers were coming straight through to the studio so Ash was stopping tracks to let them speak!

All in all, a great first effort and things will only get better in future

Yeah i agree.
It didnt really bother me when Ash was pausing songs to answer questions.
I really enjoyed the show, it was fab!
Aisleyne did really well. x

Edited by becki 2/2/2007 12:19
emptybox
Posted 2/2/2007 12:53 (#2023 - in reply to #2005)

Must admit, I didn't notice a "radio voice". Ithought Ash was herself from the off, Which was great.

I do agree about cutting off songs in the middle though.
She could always chat in the Chatroom while the song is playing.
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 13:47 (#2026 - in reply to #2013)

Executive Member

secrethousemate - 2/2/2007 11:40 I think she was interrupting songs because questions or comments were appearing on the chat screen and disappearing just as quickly. What she needs is an assistant or producer to organise the best questions into some order and let her answer them between tracks. Also callers were coming straight through to the studio so Ash was stopping tracks to let them speak! All in all, a great first effort and things will only get better in future

Ahhh, I thought that might be the case. I didn't actually get to participate or hear it live. However, if that's the case, all this interactivity must have been very difficult to manage.

Ash when I ring up, feel free to put me on hold, OK!

remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 14:22 (#2028 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Claire originally said that she's let us have an e-mail address so that we could forward questions or comments for Ash to use on her show. I'm not sure, but I don't think this ever materialised. I would have thought it would be useful for Ash to have some questions lined up in advance that she could prepare answers to and use to fill any awkward gaps. 

If they don't want to give out an e-mail address that people can use to contact her directly, couldn't we have a thread on the forum that can be used for this purpose. Or maybe  Ash could just use some of the questions from the Ask Aisleyne Board. 

ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 14:39 (#2032 - in reply to #2005)

I was thinking along the same lines, though I was thinking of a separate thread, which could be a bit broader in allowable content to cover comments and opinions which Aisleyne wants people to feed into her show.

If we know who the guest is going to be another thread could also be started for questions for each of them too. Especially someone like Imogen, who would generate lots of questions, both from members on here but also from her own fanbase. That would enable Aisleyne as regular host to put guests in the spotlight and keep her own answers and comments back for a "slower" week. That way there will be more variation from week to week and keep the novelty factor going longer. It would also take the presure off Aisleyne and add to the audience figures if Imogen fans knew thay would get a chance to interact with her in the chat room, and Invincible Radio would be even more delighted with the listening figures. Imogen would also doubtless be keen to show what SHE can do with some "hot topics" so it would be a WIN-WIN all round.

Edited by ofni 2/2/2007 14:44
dannyk
Posted 2/2/2007 14:44 (#2034 - in reply to #2005)

I didn't mind the interrupting songs so much, but floating listeners who weren't in the chat room mightn't have liked it.

That's all I have to say. I thought Aisleyne did a brilliant job and I was so pleased for her. Well done babe.

Edited by dannyk 2/2/2007 14:45
maringo
Posted 2/2/2007 15:24 (#2038 - in reply to #2005)

I was impressed. She did a good job.

I liked to hear her and Michael chatting about stuff, and it saved her from playing every single track on India Arie's Acoustic Soul.

There should have been a bit less emphasis on BB7, especially on certain other housemates (you know who I'm talking about).
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 16:45 (#2045 - in reply to #2005)

i thought everything was brill.. very entertaining.. CANT WAIT TILL THURSDAY NOW:D.. i didnt mind the interuptions.. it was all kooooooooooooooooool.. was brilliant.. hehe xx
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 16:47 (#2046 - in reply to #2005)

how was i anyways?? wen i foned lol
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 16:49 (#2047 - in reply to #2005)

i thought after i went.. dat i spoke 2 fast..was it hard to understand me..
becki
Posted 2/2/2007 17:24 (#2054 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Dont worry about it Sophie, you were fab
I didnt think there was anything wrong with the show either, i'm excited for the next one!!
sophie
Posted 2/2/2007 17:29 (#2057 - in reply to #2005)

yeah me to.. im very impatient aswel.. so all week ill b like hurry up thursday lol!!
dannyk
Posted 2/2/2007 17:54 (#2068 - in reply to #2047)

sophie - 2/2/2007 16:49

i thought after i went.. dat i spoke 2 fast..was it hard to understand me..

Not at all Sophie. You sounded excited but not hard to understand.
Anthonyb
Posted 2/2/2007 17:57 (#2069 - in reply to #2005)

She was actually making me laugh iterupting the songs every 10 seconds, it would drive me crazy if i was only listening for the music and wasnt intrested in what she had to say but obviously that isnt the case, i thourght she was pretty natural actually, apart from a few awkard moments it just felt like she was being herself and having a good time, im sure as she gains experience she will get better and better.
remaha
Posted 2/2/2007 18:18 (#2075 - in reply to #2032)

Executive Member

ofni - 2/2/2007 14:39 I was thinking along the same lines, though I was thinking of a separate thread, which could be a bit broader in allowable content to cover comments and opinions which Aisleyne wants people to feed into her show. If we know who the guest is going to be another thread could also be started for questions for each of them too. Especially someone like Imogen, who would generate lots of questions, both from members on here but also from her own fanbase. That would enable Aisleyne as regular host to put guests in the spotlight and keep her own answers and comments back for a "slower" week. That way there will be more variation from week to week and keep the novelty factor going longer. It would also take the presure off Aisleyne and add to the audience figures if Imogen fans knew thay would get a chance to interact with her in the chat room, and Invincible Radio would be even more delighted with the listening figures. Imogen would also doubtless be keen to show what SHE can do with some "hot topics" so it would be a WIN-WIN all round.

Ofni, I was thinking along the same lines but knew that I didn't really need to teach grandmother to suck eggs.

Sophie, you sounded great to me when you called up btw, and one thing you can be sure of is that Aisleyne really appreciated it.

I know that there will be some people who think that I shouldn't have started this thread. So I'd like to point out that I'd have kept my thoughts to myself if I had thought Ash was rubbish. As I said in my OP though, I thought Ash was really entertaining and shows great potential. If I had done my first radio show, I'd want people to tell me how they thought I could improve. In fact, if people told me that I was perfect after my first radio show, I simply wouldn't believe them.

maringo
Posted 2/2/2007 18:30 (#2077 - in reply to #2075)

remaha - 2/2/2007 18:18

I know that there will be some people who think that I shouldn't have started this thread. So I'd like to point out that I'd have kept my thoughts to myself if I had thought Ash was rubbish. As I said in my OP though, I thought Ash was really entertaining and shows great potential. If I had done my first radio show, I'd want people to tell me how they thought I could improve. In fact, if people told me that I was perfect after my first radio show, I simply wouldn't believe them.

You were quite right to start this thread, even if it was in the wrong place at first.

I'm sure Aisleyne will appreciate the feedback.
Odm
Posted 2/2/2007 18:35 (#2079 - in reply to #2077)

maringo - 2/2/2007 18:30
remaha - 2/2/2007 18:18

You were quite right to start this thread, even if it was in the wrong place at first. I'm sure Aisleyne will appreciate the feedback.

I agree with the above  'invisible man'

Remaha..  Great thread idea....

Edited by Odm 2/2/2007 18:37
ofni
Posted 2/2/2007 19:03 (#2093 - in reply to #2005)

I think we owe it to Aisleyne to give her our honest opinions on anything she does, especially when we know she is looking for feedback. First, she really does like to "keep it real" and so should we. Second, if we say that "X "was just OK, but "Y" was sensational then it makes Y that much more special and the praise that much more meaningful. I'm sure Ash can cope with the negative as long as it's "positive negative" if that makes sense. It'll help her to know herself!
mich007
Posted 2/2/2007 19:42 (#2104 - in reply to #2005)

The way I see it is that it is predominantly a discussion show therefore chat takes presidence over the music. There are many other DJ's who operate in this style. It's not like Choice FM when you are playing chart music, the music is there to fill in the gaps IMO. I thought Ash sounded brill very down to earth and real so the callers could relax. All in all it was a great job. My only problem was the....... well I better not go into it. I am sure Claire will speak to her, it is not wise to read out everything you receive, wisdom needs to prevail. Well it's a learning curve but I like your style Ash. I am so excited for you, this radio show fits you like a glove, brilliant. A stepping stone to greater things if you ask me. Next stop who knows the skys the limit. You will receive all kinds of feedback but you have to seperate the chaff from the wheat, at the end of the day just be yourself be natural.

Edited by mich007 2/2/2007 19:45
becki
Posted 2/2/2007 20:32 (#2143 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

I thought Aisleyne was herself yestorday, and thats why it was such a success. I was so happy for her, she did really well.
mich007
Posted 2/2/2007 20:50 (#2156 - in reply to #2005)

By the way Ash I thought you were yourself and natural IMO.
becki
Posted 3/2/2007 01:55 (#2212 - in reply to #2156)

Executive Member

mich007 - 2/2/2007 20:50

By the way Ash I thought you were yourself and natural IMO.

Thats why i loved it so much.
As long as Ash is herself, it will all go well. Like it did on Thursday x
mich007
Posted 3/2/2007 06:43 (#2229 - in reply to #2005)

Just a little food for thought. There's always room for improvement Ash, and you will receive a lot of criticism and ideas. My advice to you would be to be open but remember at the end of the day though you invite people to interact it is really your show after all. You know what is about and what you have set out to achieve so follow your heart. If you take on board every idea and criticism the show you could end up loosing the essence of what it was originally supposed to be about . In reality it is impossible to please everyone and some people may not really get it so at the end of the day just be true to yourself, and stay close to your original aims and objectives and you can't go wrong. Here's to exciting times on air............. By the way I loved the show and I will listen again.
kowalski
Posted 3/2/2007 11:04 (#2235 - in reply to #2005)

Senate Member

I think the best format for Ash is having someone there to chat with , like on steve wright , he's always got someone there with him to bounce off .

Also - an Ash diary would be good where she just tells us what she's been up to that week , not just celeb stuff but ordinary stuff too , Ash is very down to earth .
And keep us informed of any PAs or photoshoots etc.

k

maringo
Posted 3/2/2007 16:03 (#2247 - in reply to #2005)

I'd just like to add that Michael was good on the show too. He was slightly overshadowed by Aisleyne, with it being her debut show and everything. However, he also came across well and I liked his "diva strop" gossip.

He would make a welcome returning guest.
Julian
Posted 4/2/2007 16:41 (#2384 - in reply to #2143)

Executive Member

For the casual listener all the song interruptions must have been pretty frustrating but as someone who tuned in to hear Aisleyne I could quite happily have done without any music at all

I guess there's a happy medium, though

To be honest, I wasn't overly impressed by Aisleyne's DJ'ing in the house as I didn't think it sounded particularly natural compared to some of the others but she was 100% better this time round. I found the whole thing very enjoyable and I thought it really brought home what a lovely girl Ais is

Regards

Julian
maringo
Posted 7/2/2007 15:45 (#2704 - in reply to #2005)

One final point. It would be nice if the artist and track names were mentioned before (and perhaps after as well) the track is played. A lot of last week's tunes were left unidentified and it took me a bit of Googling to create the playlist.
becki
Posted 7/2/2007 17:06 (#2725 - in reply to #2704)

Executive Member

maringo - 7/2/2007 15:45

One final point. It would be nice if the artist and track names were mentioned before (and perhaps after as well) the track is played. A lot of last week's tunes were left unidentified and it took me a bit of Googling to create the playlist.

Yeah that would be good
premierscfc
Posted 9/2/2007 09:28 (#3075 - in reply to #2005)

I feel that the chatroom may be a bit of a hindrance as things stand. It is a full time job trying to keep up with the chat and I am only listening to the show. I suspect it is nigh on impossible for Aisleyne to keep a proper eye on it. Maybe Aisleyne could ask whoever is with her in the studio to keep an eye on the chat and draw Aisleyne's attention to what is going on so that she can comment on the chatroom at a more appropriate moment, not the middle of a record.

I thought Aisleyne sounded like she was having more fun and was more relaxed last night than the first show. Roll on next Thursday.
emma*the*bird
Posted 9/2/2007 11:09 (#3077 - in reply to #2005)

It's not my thing at all but Ais is doing fine and I wish her the best. She's a little rough around the edges but she'll get there. Music is not my taste. I'm a little older. lol

It must be nerve wrecking so kudos to her.
bengos
Posted 9/2/2007 15:25 (#3084 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

A few constructive suggestions now Ais is two shows in.

Have a backing track for when you're not actually playing a tune. It means that any pauses or silence from you or a caller lose any embarrassing impact or untidy listening. Only needs to be faint and in the background.

Start to develop a theme for each hour of the show (like you tried to do with the "internet dating" idea in show one) and encourage the callers to talk about it. It's all great at the moment, and it's great to hear all the calls saying how great Ais is, but after 6 weeks I think it might get a bit irksome and put off "normal listeners".

Try and watch the language and pre-record any pranks.

Loving it, though - Ais is very natural and comes accross as very warm and has a great rapport with the audience.
maringo
Posted 9/2/2007 15:29 (#3085 - in reply to #3075)

premierscfc - 9/2/2007 09:28 I feel that the chatroom may be a bit of a hindrance as things stand. It is a full time job trying to keep up with the chat and I am only listening to the show. I suspect it is nigh on impossible for Aisleyne to keep a proper eye on it. Maybe Aisleyne could ask whoever is with her in the studio to keep an eye on the chat and draw Aisleyne's attention to what is going on so that she can comment on the chatroom at a more appropriate moment, not the middle of a record. .

I completely agree with that. The large amount of people in the chatroom made it difficult for anyone else to log on, and also made it difficult to follow the very fast chat flow.

dannyk
Posted 9/2/2007 15:51 (#3094 - in reply to #2005)

I like the chat, but yesterday it felt like everyone was fighting to be heard (which I don't think was that much of a problem in the first show) so I didn't say much.

Maybe if people have something important to say they could try email or phoning instead (Bradley sent an email which got read out, I think?) rather than spamming the chat saying the same thing over and over.
remaha
Posted 10/2/2007 08:39 (#3170 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

My constructive criticism for the 8th February Radio Show

First off, there's no doubting Ash has kissed the Blarney Stone and that she has a very natural way of chatting to callers and putting them at ease. That really is a talent that she ought to be able to put to good use on a bigger stage. Secondly, she has a good sense of humour and does a paticularly good line in self-deprecation.

Obviously Ash didn't have the time to do any real planning for this show and we should be grateful that she managed to turn up at all. Nevertheless, it seemed to run a lot smoother than last week. Imagine how good she would be with proper planning, a good subject for discussion, equipment that's set at the right sound levels, a phone that works properly, and an audience that has something to say.

Although the swearing doesn't particularly bother me, it is not something she would get away with on national radio these days and if Ash wants to progress to a bigger stage, she needs to learn to cut that out. I've never been a fan of prank calls but doing them live on air is just asking for trouble in this regard.

Idea for a guest next week - a paparazzi photographer. Talk about press intrusion, relationship between celebs and press, celebs I have papped, what makes a good photo, etc, etc. 

And I have a music request - I'd like to hear anything by ODM and her man (come on Izzy, send in a tape or a CD, don't be shy!).

mich007
Posted 10/2/2007 09:01 (#3173 - in reply to #2005)

I don't think the swearing was intentional unless I missed something but I hope she doesn't slip up again (not being hard on her), but this should be the stepping stone to greater things. I'd also say she needs to be careful when joking. She made a joke with reference to a political organisation. I am only saying it because I don't want her to get into trouble. Also I would say to Ash to be careful about giving details of your location.......... Perhaps I am being too over cautious but trust me I mean well. I wonder if Ash would consider making her Radio show a Big Brother free comment show. At least refusing to make references to her enemies, which only gives them free publicity.

I caught the last half hour of the show,I love her relaxed attitude. Ash would definitely suit a Tricia like show, I dream't she was on the right stuff that would suit her as well.

Did anyone record this I didn't hear the whole show, is there a link.
remaha
Posted 10/2/2007 09:03 (#3174 - in reply to #3170)

Executive Member

As a PS to my previous post, I agree that we need another way of communicating with Ash about the radio show. An e-mail address at Invincible would be the obvious answer. However as ofni and I suggested last week, this forum could be put to use as well if we have advanced notice of who the guest is going to be.

How about a messages and dedications thread for the show as well? 

bengos
Posted 10/2/2007 17:44 (#3230 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

This might sound petty, but worth the producer noting that the coding/beeps for Imogen's phone number could be heard when they phoned her up and this should be avoided at all costs. Anyone could now play back that portion of the show and hold their phone handset up to their speaker and.....voila! You've just phoned Imogen.
maringo
Posted 10/2/2007 17:49 (#3231 - in reply to #3174)

remaha - 10/2/2007 09:03

As a PS to my previous post, I agree that we need another way of communicating with Ash about the radio show. An e-mail address at Invincible would be the obvious answer. However as ofni and I suggested last week, this forum could be put to use as well if we have advanced notice of who the guest is going to be.

How about a messages and dedications thread for the show as well? 

A new section of this forum has now been set-up. We'll bring the requests and third radio show threads to the attention of the appropriate people. Hopefully, some posts might be read out on air, as the chatroom is currently having difficultly coping with the number of people.

ofni
Posted 10/2/2007 19:00 (#3257 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: Re: Aisleyne's third show (Feb 15th)

Yeh that's good, maringo.

I hope that as Aisleyne's core fans we can get beyond seeing the show as just an extension of this forum, and really help Aisleyne establish herself and generate new fans through the show. What I think is needed is suitable guidance from "the appropriate people" on the kind of input we should be making, and a certain amount of "discipline" on our part (ie not just clogging up the chatroom with our own "burning questions" but listening and responding to what Aisleyne asks for during the programme etc.)

Stephanie
Posted 10/2/2007 19:19 (#3261 - in reply to #2005)

I would like to know if we will be able to down load the radio show as a podcast?
remaha
Posted 10/2/2007 19:37 (#3267 - in reply to #2005)
Subject: RE: Aisleyne's third show (Feb 15th)

Executive Member

I agree with ofni. I made the suggestion on another thread that a good guest for Ash would be a paparazzi photographer. Let's face it she has the contacts.

Another idea, perhaps, is to have a journalist from More magazine or one of the photographers or stylists from one of Ash's photoshoots.

The best thing to do in the first few weeks is to stick to subjects she's comfortable with. She could even get a couple of friends from the promo world to talk about life as a promo girl. I bet once they got going they would come up with some interesting stories.

And if Ash didn't keep giving these pop stars the brush off, she could try to get one of them on. A good opportunity coming up at the Brits to get someone to agree to come on the show, particularly after they've had a few!

It would be useful to post the Invincible telephone number on the forum btw.

sophie
Posted 10/2/2007 20:04 (#3279 - in reply to #2005)

the phone number is: 08707436653
maringo
Posted 11/2/2007 04:49 (#3338 - in reply to #3261)

Stephanie - 10/2/2007 19:19 I would like to know if we will be able to down load the radio show as a podcast?

The music tracks would have to be edited out first for copyright reasons, like the Big Brother FM podcasts. A bit difficult with Aisleyne's "interrupt the track at random intervals" style.

However, it is an interesting idea.

maringo
Posted 11/2/2007 04:54 (#3339 - in reply to #3267)

remaha - 10/2/2007 19:37

I agree with ofni. I made the suggestion on another thread that a good guest for Ash would be a paparazzi photographer. Let's face it she has the contacts.

You're both right. The radio show could get more people listening than just Aisleyne fans, if the right guests and themes were chosen.

The Internet dating topic from the first show was a good idea, but a lot of people on the phones and chatroom were only interested in talking about BB7 (understandable given it was her first show).

Odm
Posted 11/2/2007 17:39 (#3395 - in reply to #3339)

I know people want to talk about BB7 but thats how we get Aisleyne constantly labelled ...I just wish people would MOVE ON.. Ais has got so much more to offer us...

She left the BB house some while ago now and has been involved in plenty of shoots and P.A.s. She has obviously been involved in certain talks about film parts as well as the Radio Show which is now in full swing. Aisleyne is going to want people to focus on her current efforts which is only natural really.... I honestly have said over and over that people should let things go and just embrace AISLEYNE not BB7 Aisleyne...that is all done and dusted nomatter what questions people want to ask.

I would have imagined that as time goes by small nitty gritty details just lose their significance and that might happen to Aisleyne regarding her time in the BB house. Im not saying that is the case, what Im saying is that the further away she moves from her time in the house, the more distant the memory...and she then wont be able to supply accurately all those little snippets that some are so dying to hear...

Frankly, I cant see the point in raking over dead leaves..I am all for Aisleynes future..the past has gone..

it is 2007 is,nt it? ( prepares for a roasting.. )
becki
Posted 11/2/2007 18:52 (#3432 - in reply to #3279)

Executive Member

sophie - 10/2/2007 20:04

the phone number is: 08707436653

Thanks, i have saved it that number now in my phone!
Julian
Posted 11/2/2007 22:42 (#3543 - in reply to #3395)

Executive Member

Odm - 11/2/2007 17:39

I honestly have said over and over that people should let things go and just embrace AISLEYNE not BB7 Aisleyne...that is all done and dusted nomatter what questions people want to ask.

it is 2007 is,nt it? ( prepares for a roasting.. )

I don't want to roast anyone Odm but I will respectfully disagree.

What's important, as I see it, is that Aisleyne gets plenty of callers so that observers can see that there are still people interested in her and that she gets plenty of experience in answering questions - including difficult ones. Big Brother is what many people want to know about and what we haven't up until now had the opportunity to ask about (other than on the forum, of course). I'd rather a lively and vibrant show full of lots of BB references than one where Aisleyne is constantly having to encourage callers to phone in because they don't feel they should mention BB and don't have anything else they want to say.

One of the reasons Aisleyne went on BB was to raise her profile so that she could charge more for her modelling. Her only profile right now is BB and unless and until she makes a name for herself in her own right I think she needs to make as much capital out of that profile as she can. Up until recently, Jade had no problem doing extremely well for herself without ever giving up the reality TV label. Labels can be a good thing. Labels are recognition.

An internet radio station is not something that, in my opinion, will make the slightest bit of difference to Aisleyne's public persona. With all due respect to Invincible I really doubt that it has very many listeners in the great scheme of things. I see this radio show as primarily just practice for Aisleyne. This is not the time to worry about ditching the BB label, this is time for Aisleyne to practice her skills and satisfy her fans in the process.

Regards

Julian
Odm
Posted 12/2/2007 00:52 (#3576 - in reply to #2005)

Aisleyne is a person in her own right prior to BB.. and she is an independent person in her own right...post BB. BB is a good crutch to help anyone along and Aisleyne knows that. But let me just tell you that if anyone is constantly continually stereotyped into a particular area, they get stuck with it. But hey, I only had 25 years showbizness experience so I dont know anything....
Aisleyne will have advice and that advice will hopefully be steering her properly. Aisleynes background talent was in promotions and modelling. Dj is something she wants to do. Agreed that she is doing the Radio show as more of a practice arena being that it is an internet show...However the experience will be invaluable if she wants to seriously become a DJ. All the qualifications you need there is knowledge of current music markets, the ability to work your personality on a microphone and just as important if not primarily so, how to read an audience. The technical stuff believe if or not is secondary, because without the first three things...theres no point flicking the switch.

Aisleyne answers question about BB because she considers she owes it to her fans to answer them. Do yu think this young lady is going to want to keep answering the same things constantly? I will be honest with you, if I was in her shoes I would want to be putting all that stuff on ice and quickly. She has now been recognised ..she has a distinguishable name. This girl is not going to be forgotten. Whether she becomes a superstar is anyones guess...to be a superstar you have to have a superstar talent.. Aisleyne is on the bottom rung of the entertainment ladder but is being offered fantastic opportunities to work in a field she loves and be surrounded by professional intuitive experienced people who can enhance her knowledge.

I hope Aisleyne drops that label like a hot cake in her hand..it will be a wise decision. She does not have to be the BB girl anymore to prove to anybody how beautiful she is... she IS beautiful, but she knows she needs something more..and that is the key to other doors when old ones close. Aisleyne is smart. Of all the things I love most about her, it has to be that above everything..She got the instinct.

We might just bear it in mind when mentioning Jade that famous little sentence from Shilpa who said to her...THIS is your claim to fame...i.e. BB. Jade can only EVER be linked to BB. The reason ? Because she had no other real talent..

Aisleyne? not quite the same in my view...much more able and much more talented. Lets hope that her fans dont bury her in the BB label...or that same sentiment Shilpa bombdropped to Jade will be stuck to Aisleyne...

:
Ash Fans
Posted 12/2/2007 11:01 (#3595 - in reply to #2005)

Can't wait for this!
mich007
Posted 12/2/2007 12:46 (#3603 - in reply to #3595)

Gawd there are so many experts on this board we are spoilt for choice. The only thing I would say about the BB references is that I wish Ash though I love her dearly would stop making references/digs about Grace Richard and Lea or basically anyone you are not/weren't friends with when you were in the house . The war is over you beat them remember, you have nothing to prove anymore. People have received their comeuppance they were kicked out of the house before you. Suzie helped the public to kick Grace and you chose Suzie, end of job done. Richard got the shock of his life being kicked out before you and it was not a close margin I might add. What are people still wrestling for. Its time to move forward IMO. You are getting slated because of it, if you ignored them it would be good PR. And it would help to enhance your CV when applying for a more commercial radio station slot, if that's where you want to be heading. Just think of it as dishing out free publicity and perhaps that will help you to resist. I know it's hard especially when Richard is spreading his lies, this is partly why I don't like Chinese whispers or gossip (or people passing on info to the likes of Lea and Richard) it just causes trouble and sort of ends up discrediting the one who is the least to blame or not to blame at all IMO.

Edited by mich007 12/2/2007 13:13
deeb
Posted 12/2/2007 12:52 (#3604 - in reply to #3576)

Great post, Odm

We supporters need to ice BB7 ASAP. So does Ash! No matter who requests it, never ask a guest to do "Hot topics", for example.

Ash is naturally gifted as a presenter. I don't think she's fully aware of that, yet. Actually, I hope she never becomes aware of it

mich007
Posted 12/2/2007 13:13 (#3605 - in reply to #2005)

Do we know the listening figures for Ash's radio show it would be interesting to know.
secrethousemate
Posted 12/2/2007 14:40 (#3611 - in reply to #3605)

mich007 - 12/2/2007 13:13

Do we know the listening figures for Ash's radio show it would be interesting to know.

Never mind that, we never did find out what colour shoes her producer was wearing? Or did we??
maringo
Posted 12/2/2007 14:50 (#3614 - in reply to #3611)

secrethousemate - 12/2/2007 14:40
mich007 - 12/2/2007 13:13 Do we know the listening figures for Ash's radio show it would be interesting to know.
Never mind that, we never did find out what colour shoes her producer was wearing? Or did we??

If not, there should be a rollover prize this week.

Odm
Posted 12/2/2007 15:41 (#3619 - in reply to #3614)

What I love about serious debate is that we always come down to the nitty gritty in the end....

I think they were pink
becki
Posted 12/2/2007 16:29 (#3627 - in reply to #3619)

Executive Member

Odm - 12/2/2007 15:41

What I love about serious debate is that we always come down to the nitty gritty in the end....

I think they were pink

Lol!!!
I think they are brown!

Edited by becki 12/2/2007 16:33
Stephanie
Posted 12/2/2007 17:06 (#3639 - in reply to #2005)

I bet they were pink.
emptybox
Posted 12/2/2007 21:14 (#3682 - in reply to #2005)

Well all the colours of the rainbow were suggested in the chat room, so someone must have won.

P.S. Love the new banner becki!
becki
Posted 12/2/2007 23:12 (#3744 - in reply to #3682)

Executive Member

emptybox - 12/2/2007 21:14

Well all the colours of the rainbow were suggested in the chat room, so someone must have won.

P.S. Love the new banner becki!

Thanks
imtoosexy made it for me
Julian
Posted 12/2/2007 23:22 (#3749 - in reply to #3576)

Executive Member

Odm - 12/2/2007 00:52

Aisleyne is a person in her own right prior to BB.. and she is an independent person in her own right...post BB. BB is a good crutch to help anyone along and Aisleyne knows that. But let me just tell you that if anyone is constantly continually stereotyped into a particular area, they get stuck with it. But hey, I only had 25 years showbizness experience so I dont know anything....

I'm not saying that I wouldn't like Aisleyne to gain recognition in her own right but I really don't see how any questions on an internet radio show that probably only her fans are tuning into anyway is going to stereotype her!

I know the BB thing irritates you but other people still have burning questions and still others wouldn't know what else to ask about. I don't see anything to be gained by discouraging people from asking what they want to know. Or giving the listener what they want to hear. All it will do is reduce the enthusiasm for the show and the number of callers and I fail to see how that will help Aisleyne at all.

If people are still asking the same questions and going on about BB in a year's time I'll be as unhappy about it as you are but, right now, everyone thinks of Aisleyne as a BB girl and asking her BB questions on this forum or on invincible isn't going to make the slightest bit of difference to that impression one way or the other.

As for Shilpa's 'bombshell'. If Aisleyne goes on to earn £8 million from the reality TV label then I don't think she'll be too unhappy about it. I know I won't be!

Regards

Julian
deeb
Posted 13/2/2007 07:52 (#3786 - in reply to #3749)

Julian - 12/2/2007 23:22 I'm not saying that I wouldn't like Aisleyne to gain recognition in her own right but I really don't see how any questions on an internet radio show that probably only her fans are tuning into anyway is going to stereotype her! [...]

The test is whether Ash can attract listeners from outside her solid fanbase. At least, she'll have to avoid alienating the Invincible listeners who listened at that time, anyway. Otherwise, it might as well be a podcast to BB fans - and I doubt whether Invincible want to sponsor that. Say the audience grew by 20% with Ash fans, then steadily fell by 40% because of regular references to the same few forum members and obscure BB themes every week, Ash might be invited to leave and the opportunity is gone.

We have to give the lady space to breathe and grow while supporting her?

I, hastily, add that Ash fans don't seem to be the types who suffocate their star but Ash does seem to be sensitive to pressure even when there isn't much. It's obvious that she wants to keep her supporters happy but what she might not be aware of is that, as long as she exists, we're pretty happy

Edited by deeb 13/2/2007 07:54
remaha
Posted 13/2/2007 11:01 (#3797 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

This thread has gone wildly off-topic. It is meant to be about Ash's third radio show not about her entire future in radio and the media.

Does Ash have a guest or topic lined up for the third show yet? If so, and we were told, we could help Ash prepare by posting questions on here, instead of relying on the chat room.

This is what I thought this thread was for.

maringo
Posted 13/2/2007 14:55 (#3815 - in reply to #3797)

remaha - 13/2/2007 11:01

This thread has gone wildly off-topic. It is meant to be about Ash's third radio show not about her entire future in radio and the media.

Does Ash have a guest or topic lined up for the third show yet? If so, and we were told, we could help Ash prepare by posting questions on here, instead of relying on the chat room.

This is what I thought this thread was for.

You're quite right. I moved the off-topic comments, especially those of that troublemaker maringo, to this thread.

Hopefully, we'll have some news on this week's show soon.

remaha
Posted 13/2/2007 17:45 (#3839 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

I am in awe of the powers available to the mods on this forum!

Naturally, I didn't expect my posts to be considered off-topic when I raised the issue.

Foisted by my own petard, methinks  

[Or is it "hoisted by my own petard"?  I just did a quick check on google and no-one seems to know!]

deeb
Posted 13/2/2007 18:34 (#3844 - in reply to #3839)

remaha - 13/2/2007 17:45

[Or is it "hoisted by my own petard"? I just did a quick check on google and no-one seems to know!]

"Hoist by my own petard" (now, often, hoisted)

remaha
Posted 13/2/2007 18:51 (#3845 - in reply to #3844)

Executive Member

deeb - 13/2/2007 18:34
remaha - 13/2/2007 17:45

[Or is it "hoisted by my own petard"? I just did a quick check on google and no-one seems to know!]

"Hoist by my own petard" (now, often, hoisted)

Thanks. I might have known I'd choose the wrong one!

Odm
Posted 13/2/2007 23:15 (#3888 - in reply to #2005)

In Aisleynes last show she said she would be having Imogen on the show. Firstly it was expected Imogen to be on Ais show this Thursday coming up, but Imogen did,nt confirm that. What Imogen said was that she will definately come on the show EITHER this week or the next . I think she said it would probably be the next ( that is 22nd Feb). But anything could happen I suppose. I think it would be nice for Ais to have her friend PORTIA as a guest. I would also like to hear Aisleyne interview Mike Tyson.

Another really zany girl from the Radio and an old favourite of mine was Zoe Ball. It would be interesting if Ais interviewed her and what tips Zoey might give.
remaha
Posted 20/2/2007 19:26 (#4541 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

It's Tuesday and there's still no word on who the guest might be on Thursday, if any. It would generate a bit of interest if we knew in advance.   
bengos
Posted 20/2/2007 21:15 (#4553 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

I think Portia is a cracking guest idea, odm!

We must remember that the show/station probably has no guest budget whatsoever so Ais is relying on her friends.

I think it'd be great to have Ais's Dad on!
sophie
Posted 20/2/2007 21:23 (#4554 - in reply to #2005)

awwww yeh that wud be sooo amazing if her dad was on.. thats a good idea
maringo
Posted 22/2/2007 19:43 (#5061 - in reply to #2005)

I think this was her best show yet. She introduced more of the tracks this time and didn't interrupt them so much.

However, she needs access to more CDs to avoid keep playing the same artists. She asked on the show for people to send some in.
kowalski
Posted 22/2/2007 19:55 (#5065 - in reply to #2005)

Senate Member

It seems the main problem is the sound levels .

Hopefully they're aware of this now and will fix it .

k

dannyk
Posted 22/2/2007 20:19 (#5068 - in reply to #5061)

maringo - 22/2/2007 19:43

I think this was her best show yet. She introduced more of the tracks this time and didn't interrupt them so much.

However, she needs access to more CDs to avoid keep playing the same artists. She asked on the show for people to send some in.

Where do we send them to?
bengos
Posted 22/2/2007 20:20 (#5069 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

They have got to sort out the chatroom and the techie problems. There some of us were, encouraging Becki to phone in, she did so, and no-one heard it.
maringo
Posted 22/2/2007 20:51 (#5070 - in reply to #5068)

dannyk - 22/2/2007 20:19

There's an address here...

http://invinciblemag.com/contact.php

Rudyrudyrudy sent one in for show 2, so I assume he used that address. However, make sure your CD works (unlike his)!
Julian
Posted 22/2/2007 20:58 (#5071 - in reply to #5070)

Executive Member

They always seem to have technical difficulties. I didn't have any problems with the chtaroom but the sound was awful and cut out completely on two occasions. According to a regular listener in the chatroom the system crashing out is not unusual

It was my first time listening live and, apart from the sound problems, I really enjoyed it. The chatroom added a fun dimension too

Regards

Julian
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 22/2/2007 21:03 (#5072 - in reply to #5070)

maringo - 22/2/2007 20:51

dannyk - 22/2/2007 20:19

There's an address here...

http://invinciblemag.com/contact.php

Rudyrudyrudy sent one in for show 2, so I assume he used that address. However, make sure your CD works (unlike his)!

There is a typing error on the contact page: it's 203 Mare Street (not Studio).

(btw the odd thing about my CD that I wrote is it did play perfectly okay in my separate DVD player)
emptybox
Posted 22/2/2007 21:29 (#5082 - in reply to #2005)

Probably the players in the studio can't cope with CD-Rs?

Either that or the guy winding the handle was on a coffee break at the time.
zou gou
Posted 22/2/2007 21:34 (#5083 - in reply to #2005)

Good things:

Show 3 was a lot more "professional". In show 2, Ash seemed to respond to callers and messages as soon as they came in, so that she seemed to be reacting to events rather than controlling the show.

Part of that may be down to her co-host, but it still shows that her skills are developing.

Working with a co-host also involves skills worth learning.

She introduced some of the songs in an interesting, personal way.

I'm glad to hear that Grace has apologised, that Ash has accepted it, and that Ash's fans seem to agree. I think that'll be good for them both, and it may help make it easier for Ash to focus less on BB in her show.

It still seems like she's being herself rather than putting on a performance.

Not so good:

The volume levels are still different for Ash, the callers, and the songs. The difference seemed less this week, but instead we had the annoying buzz and eventually a complete loss of meaningful sound. (Presumably none of this is Aisleyene's fault, though.)

Despite introducing a topic agt the start, she still followes the talk wherever it happens to go, which for now is still back to Big Brother. Of course, it's good that she's flexible and talks about what the listeners want to talk about, but, whether you see this show as a significant career move or just as practice, she ought to talk on other topics and try to take a bit more control.

(Ash's fans can help here by talking more about other things.)

(There are a lot of things Ash could talk about, and relate to her BB experience, btw, without the talk being solely about BB.)

It would be nice to have some non-BB guests (whether in the studio or on the phone). They don't have to be celebs or anyone we've heard of, so long as they have something interesting to say.

The music still seems to be a bit of an afterthought.

Some shows Ash might want to listen to:

Just to see how some other peoplke handle some of the same problems she faces.

Sara Cox, Radio 1 Sat & Sun 1-4 pm (informal, chatty style)

Jonathan Ross, R 2, Saturday morning (mixes talk an music in proportions similar to Ash's show)

Lauren Laverne, Xfm breakfast show.

Bob Dylan, 6 Mucic friday from 9pm (themed music selections).

(That list is a bit random, I know.)
maringo
Posted 22/2/2007 21:45 (#5084 - in reply to #2005)

Lots of good points there, zou gou.

I'd also like a bit less emphasis on BB7. However, it was justified this week, as we got to question Suzie and also got the juicy BB7 reunion gossip we were waiting for.

I'd like some gossip/info about some of the things she's done since BB7, like earlier parties, film premieres and photoshoots.
remaha
Posted 22/2/2007 22:38 (#5094 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

I'd have to say that it sounded very much as though Ash winged it today. She got away with it, of course, through force of personality and was helped immensely by having Prince Diamond acting as co-presenter. In fact it turned out to be a very good show because the two of them have a good rapport. However, I think she'd benefit from doing a bit more planning for future shows and trying to follow a bit more of a structure.

As ever, I must qualify my comments by saying that I think Ash has a natural radio personality and could have a great future in this field.

zou gou
Posted 23/2/2007 00:37 (#5120 - in reply to #2005)

One more thing: Ash should get in on time, especially in the next few weeks (and especially if Prince Diamond = Jordan Kensington, the Invincible boss.)

It's a little thing, but it gives the right impression, that you're taking the opportunity seriously and giving your best - and Prince Diamond seems like a good guy to have on your side.
dannyk
Posted 23/2/2007 09:24 (#5136 - in reply to #2005)

I agree, but perhaps it couldn't be helped if she'd just made her way from a photoshoot and had to travel across the city. That was the latest she's been - she was a little bit late for Show #1, and on time for for Show #2. I'm sure she will make an extra effort in weeks to come though.

Edited by dannyk 23/2/2007 09:25
sophie
Posted 23/2/2007 11:20 (#5140 - in reply to #2005)

this was her best show so far.. it was good it really cheered me up- AND I SPOKE TO HER- I STILL CANT BELIEVE IT!! lol
emma*the*bird
Posted 23/2/2007 12:31 (#5148 - in reply to #2005)

I didn't hear all of it, but 25 minutes late is unacceptable in any line of work. Not a good example. Other than that if Aisleyne wants to stay in the game I would have thought she needs to do less co-hosting. But she is new to this so she has time to work on it.
She was a lot better this week, so keep it up Ais.
Odm
Posted 23/2/2007 13:56 (#5153 - in reply to #5148)

Aisleyne has been ill and in my opinion we are lucky she has undertaken the Radio Show this week looking at her Diary events recently.

I think we have to bear in mind that the Radio Show is a new venture and something that Aisleyne would like to do. She so far has walked into it blind and done very well..Only three shows so far. The first show everything was totally fresh and new and with little experience Ais plunged in there and did a good little job keeping everybody entertained despite the difficulties technically. She was very professional in that respect I feel.

The second show Aisleyne was ill, but the show went on. Respect to Ais.

The Third show was cancelled because Aisleyne was ill and had too full a Diary to cope with it.

The Fourth Show which we are calling the Third Show, had some marked improvements. So Aisleyne is listening and considering the advise from those around her.

Overall, in such a short space of time, she has done well. I almost feel that we should give her longer before ANY critiscism is measured. We otherwise would just be backseat Drivers.

Aisleyne is not a Radio One DJ. This Internet programme is for her to learn the ropes clearly to enable her to work outside of it. She has been granted a loose schedule and she has been doing her best.

I believe Aisleyne is doing fine. One other thing. If you want somebody to do well
they will do better with praise given to them instead of the stern approach.
dannyk
Posted 23/2/2007 14:00 (#5156 - in reply to #2005)

I think the co-hosting thing was a one-off as Ash still wasn't feeling 100%. Prince Diamond hasn't played that much of a role in her previous shows, apart from the wind-up call with Imogen in Show #2.
premierscfc
Posted 23/2/2007 14:11 (#5158 - in reply to #5153)

Odm - 23/2/2007 13:56

Aisleyne has been ill and in my opinion we are lucky she has undertaken the Radio Show this week looking at her Diary events recently.

I could not agree more. Hopefully she will get some rest next week with her not having any PA's booked.

I thought yesterday's show was am improvement on Aisleyne's part and she sounded more relaxed and comfortable. Aisleyne just needs to do a bit of prep with the music selection now. I know people are talking about sending music in but I don't think invincible will be to keen on being flooded with copies of CDs being sent in.
Odm
Posted 23/2/2007 14:43 (#5167 - in reply to #5158)

premierscfc - 23/2/2007 14:11

Odm - 23/2/2007 13:56

I could not agree more. Hopefully she will get some rest next week with her not having any PA's booked.

I thought yesterday's show was am improvement on Aisleyne's part and she sounded more relaxed and comfortable. Aisleyne just needs to do a bit of prep with the music selection now. I know people are talking about sending music in but I don't think invincible will be to keen on being flooded with copies of CDs being sent in.

Hi Prem

I completely agree with you too about people sending things in.

What we all have to remember is that Aisleyne is not a DJ, she is learning to 'be' one.
Her time is being divided into all sorts of different areas right now and she really does not have the time to concentrate on just one. DJ's on the other hand will spend all their time considering all the music options as it is possibly their one job to which they devote all their time. Aisleyne as we know has plenty of pies going right now so I dont even know how she finds the time to think...

So you are right Prem, people sending music in would just block up the system. Also we as viewers and Ais fans need to get a more realistic grasp on exactly what is really going on in Ais' life and she does,nt just sit there specifically to communicate with us..her life is a whirl and she is trying to please everybody.

I think we should just hold fire and let her do things at her own pace.

Hope you are well Prem..will catch up with you soon. Great pic on myspace!
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 23/2/2007 14:48 (#5168 - in reply to #2005)

Whatever our different opinions are, Ash did ask for CDs to be sent in. If PD objected, or otherwise thought not a good idea, I'd hope he would have jumped in.
Odm
Posted 23/2/2007 14:53 (#5171 - in reply to #5168)

rudyrudyrudy - 23/2/2007 14:48

Whatever our different opinions are, Ash did ask for CDs to be sent in. If PD objected, or otherwise thought not a good idea, I'd hope he would have jumped in.

Thanks for telling me that Rudy. I did,nt get to hear the show yesterday, only read the thread so could have missed that if someone had reported it.

Well, if they have requested the CDs I suppose its fair enough....mind you, I cant see them all being sent back again so it will be an expensive business sending off your favourite CDs.
emptybox
Posted 23/2/2007 15:21 (#5176 - in reply to #2005)

It seems to me that Prince Diamond has been there in the background throughout all her shows, although he certainly chipped in more in the latest one. I hope it gets to the point where Ash doesn't need anyone with her, but that depends on familiarity with the equipment etc.

I actually attach quite a lot of importance to these shows.
There may come a time, perish the thought, when the papers aren't falling over themselves to publish pictures of Ash, and being a proficient Radio Host would stand her in very good stead, career-wise.

Also she obviously enjoys doing it, and she is probably gaining fans as a result.
Even those that don't like her are tuning in to see what she says about their favourites, and although I've heard a lot of criticism about the technical aspects of the show, there's usually a grudging respect for her style.
Aisleyne
Posted 23/2/2007 16:05 (#5190 - in reply to #5176)

Hey guys and girls, whats up! I hope your all well and happy. Ok 1st off let me say sorry for not being able to pop on and say hi before now... i have been 1 busy bee the last 2 weeks on top of being unwell, so pls accept my appologies. 2nd, just wanna thankyou for all yr feed back on the radio show....guys i know i have room for improvment and i do hope that i am not letting you all down by shoddy presenting? The truth is i have had no training whatsoever and as you all know i havnt done this before so am learning the ropes as i go along, but that said i really do need to hear all your oppinions as it helps me to progress. I do have a tendancy to harp back to bb at times i must admit but would appriciate your help with this, i need more call ins/chatroom notes on any topics asside from bb, that i may bring up. Just spoke to Jordan aka diamond at invincible who said he is dealing with the sound issues and he also said its fne to send in any cds to the station, so feel free. I was so touched by Sophies call and want to take a moment to say thankyou and send a big hug and kiss to her.... and all of you. I really couldnt do it without you.... apparently there is a valentines banner on here for me so i am off to look for it.... so excited, Michaels just popped round we are going for a jog he says hi to you all. lots of love and kisses allways and forever.....Ashaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
rudyrudyrudy
Posted 23/2/2007 16:12 (#5193 - in reply to #2005)

Thanks for your thoughts, Ash. We are all right behind you, dear Don't overdo the exercise!
ofni
Posted 23/2/2007 16:14 (#5195 - in reply to #2005)

Aisleyne, you're doing great!

Enjoy your jog and big hello to Michael - Tell him he's a star!
bunniesfrightenme
Posted 23/2/2007 16:15 (#5196 - in reply to #2005)

Hey Aisleyne, you are a total natural!! Dont think youre lettin anyone down with "shoddy presenting" ... there hasnt been any flaws on ru part, youre being urself and thats why we love you!! Even though youre ill you came in and did the show, a total professional and dedicated to her listeners - u rock my world! Keep up the good work xoxox and hi to Michael - get him back on he also rocks!! lol xox
dannyk
Posted 23/2/2007 16:17 (#5197 - in reply to #2005)

Hey Ash. You're not letting any of us down - we all love listening to the show and I think you're doing a great job.
emma*the*bird
Posted 23/2/2007 16:22 (#5199 - in reply to #5190)

Aisleyne - 23/2/2007 16:05

Hey guys and girls, whats up! I hope your all well and happy. Ok 1st off let me say sorry for not being able to pop on and say hi before now... i have been 1 busy bee the last 2 weeks on top of being unwell, so pls accept my appologies. 2nd, just wanna thankyou for all yr feed back on the radio show....guys i know i have room for improvment and i do hope that i am not letting you all down by shoddy presenting? The truth is i have had no training whatsoever and as you all know i havnt done this before so am learning the ropes as i go along, but that said i really do need to hear all your oppinions as it helps me to progress. I do have a tendancy to harp back to bb at times i must admit but would appriciate your help with this, i need more call ins/chatroom notes on any topics asside from bb, that i may bring up. Just spoke to Jordan aka diamond at invincible who said he is dealing with the sound issues and he also said its fne to send in any cds to the station, so feel free. I was so touched by Sophies call and want to take a moment to say thankyou and send a big hug and kiss to her.... and all of you. I really couldnt do it without you.... apparently there is a valentines banner on here for me so i am off to look for it.... so excited, Michaels just popped round we are going for a jog he says hi to you all. lots of love and kisses allways and forever.....Ashaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen lol xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

You are letting no one down dear. You are an absolute star! Also I hope you read my advice and take it as it was intended. We ALL want to see you do well.

Oh and say Hi to Michael. I thought he was really special during the show.

Edited by emma*the*bird 23/2/2007 16:25
premierscfc
Posted 23/2/2007 17:41 (#5207 - in reply to #5168)

rudyrudyrudy - 23/2/2007 14:48

My point is about the legality of sending copies of CD's to invincible. If people send originals in that's fine but I am sure it is illegal for a radio station to be playing "pirate" CD's.
becki
Posted 24/2/2007 00:47 (#5324 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Hiya Aisleyne.
Thanks for posting It means a lot to us all.
Your radio show is always fab, your doing great, so dont worry about it. Your amazing
Love ya lots
Becki xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
maringo
Posted 16/3/2007 04:01 (#7896 - in reply to #2005)

I just thought I'd bump up this thread, as Aisleyne made a post earlier wanting feedback on her show (scroll down a bit for the post)...

http://www.aisleyne.com/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=200&start=...
Odm
Posted 16/3/2007 13:27 (#7924 - in reply to #7896)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These are for you Ais!

Your technique has got better everytime your Show comes around.

For the listeners however, there was a bad 'hum' sound running right through the programme. It sounds like a bad 'earth' so maybe it could be just a lead that is causing that problem so someone needs to check that perhaps?

The guests cant always be heard either so either they need Miking up or they need to be next to or closer to a microphone so that the chat exchange can be heard properly so we can transcribe it to the forum for those who cannot be online to listen when the show goes out.

I think Ais you are developing a new catchphrase...' LOVE IT! LOVE IT! LOVE IT!
you are saying it plenty Ais so I reakon it wont be long before it catchs on...

Just keep going you know you are working hard towards getting things right and we notice everything you do and support you fully.

You do a great job....

Love and hugs..
Izzy xxx
dannyk
Posted 16/3/2007 14:01 (#7925 - in reply to #2005)

I mentioned this in the Hi Aisleyne thread but I think it's more suitable here...

The only constructive criticism I have is re: the discussion topics, and we all need to make more of an effort to respond to them. Voodoo Child is always very good with that, but he's been too busy to listen to the past few shows I think. I've never phoned up the show before but really want to soon, but I'm really nervous!

The best thing to help with the discussion side of things would be making more use of the station's email system. We often respond to the discussion topics in the chat-room, but it's so fast-moving that Ash often misses them. If we knew that they'd be read using an email address, she could read our responses out at her leisure. Maybe PD could help with that?

The last two shows have been brilliant.
remaha
Posted 16/3/2007 14:48 (#7928 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

Hey Ash, you're getting better and better, particularly at the twiddling with the knobs part.  

I'd have thought it would be difficult to keep discussion on a topic going if you are relying on the phone. Most chat shows have several incoming lines and can keep callers stacked-up waiting to be put on air. As you don't have that facility, the discussion is always going to seem a little fractured.

I think you need to pick just one or two topics each week and mention them several times. You could listen to the phone-ins on Radio 5 live to see how the profesionals do it. You need to keep repeating the telephone number as well if you want callers. I'd say that it would always be better to pick a subject you know quite a bit about. An ideal subject a few weeks back would have been who deserved to win a Brit award but missed out.

Here's me giving you all this advice Ash and I haven't called in once. I promise that when I have got something to say on one of your topics, I'll will do so.

Personally, I wouldn't go ahead with your plan to do wind-ups. As PD found out this week, they can easily backfire. And if you do it live, you can expect people to eff and blind when they discover the truth (remember Imogen!).

Ash, my favourite parts of the show are where you talk about what you have been doing during the week, who you met, etc. Just the little things. OK, a bit of gossip is always good. But it doesn't have to be the sort of stuff that would make the gossip pages of the red tops.

Keep up the good work Ash. I'm enjoying the music, most of which is an education to me!   

secrethousemate
Posted 16/3/2007 18:13 (#7935 - in reply to #7925)

The email address for the studio is radio@invinciblemag.com

Prince Diamond gave this out on air a couple of weeks ago

I am sure that could be added to the 'sticky' for the show

maringo
Posted 16/3/2007 18:34 (#7936 - in reply to #7935)

secrethousemate - 16/3/2007 18:13

The email address for the studio is radio@invinciblemag.com

Prince Diamond gave this out on air a couple of weeks ago

I am sure that could be added to the 'sticky' for the show

Thanks, I've updated the sticky now. I've also had to delete Odm's post (sorry!) and replace it with deeb's more comprehensive one.
Odm
Posted 16/3/2007 19:22 (#7938 - in reply to #7936)

Im all for re-doing the sticky and knocking my post out....dont worry!
emptybox
Posted 16/3/2007 20:27 (#7940 - in reply to #2005)

Why are there two different phone numbers?
Stephanie
Posted 16/3/2007 22:13 (#7945 - in reply to #7940)

The only problems I had were sometimes the sound quality, but apart from that it was a great show and am so happy that I have now spoken to her because I really admire her.
zou gou
Posted 5/4/2007 20:35 (#10004 - in reply to #2005)

What do we think about the talk vs music balance in Aisleyne's show.

Talk was up this week (April 5th); music had been up for at least a couple of weeks before.

I'd like the balance shifted back a bit towards music, but not quite as far as it had been.
maringo
Posted 5/4/2007 21:03 (#10007 - in reply to #10004)

zou gou - 5/4/2007 20:35 What do we think about the talk vs music balance in Aisleyne's show. Talk was up this week (April 5th); music had been up for at least a couple of weeks before. I'd like the balance shifted back a bit towards music, but not quite as far as it had been.

There was slightly too much talking, but with all that juicy gossip I didn't really mind a bit!

boldjohn
Posted 5/4/2007 22:15 (#10017 - in reply to #2005)

Executive Member

More chat is good for me. I couldn't fault the show today. The sound was better and their were no sound dips. Aisleyne worked very well with Prince Diamond. She seems to be growing with confidence all the time. She tells us what we most want to hear: what she's been doing and what she's doing next. The calls from Becki and Sophie were very moving. I loved the giggles of excitement coming out of my speaker even though the line was bad. The girls have been practising their tribute to Aisleyne all week and delivered it well. Aisleyne's dead battery admission to the girls was funny. Great Show. Well done Aisleyne, Prince Diamond and the callers.